1. Hiring a Social Media “Manager” makes perfect sense…. and cents !
2. What’s the Point ? <ul><li>What is Social Media? </li></ul><ul><li>Why is it important anyway? </li></ul><ul><li>What do I do with it? </li></ul><ul><li>Isn't it people talking about their lunch? </li></ul><ul><li>How can it help my business? </li></ul><ul><li>How do I make it part of our marketing? </li></ul><ul><li>When do I do it …. Busy…No time to do it? </li></ul>
3. Social Media Is not independent anymore Its not the New Thing Its simply part of any Good Marketing Mix Ideally it should be a function managed internally 82% of companies use Social Media (not all of them well)
4. Its like old fashioned Service It allows small and big companies to talk to customers It allows customers to feel like they know the owners It gives your customers a voice …. And a chance to hear them talking
5. A few of the Top 100 companies using Social Media well
6. For your Thoughts ….. Do not mistake silence for customer satisfaction! Unhappy customers tell 11 friends before they tell you! It pays to listen .. You need to make it easy for customers to tell you first, so you can fix it. The perfect starting point for using Social Media
7. <ul><li>Hire the right person who can .. </li></ul><ul><li>Implement a great strategy </li></ul><ul><li>Help you set goals </li></ul><ul><li>And see measurable results quickly </li></ul>
8. 3 Questions to ask before you hire that expert
9. 1. What level of person do I hire? <ul><li>That depends on how involved you want to be. </li></ul><ul><li>They can range from: </li></ul><ul><li>Content creators (develops engaging content) </li></ul><ul><li>Community Managers (a step up, getting more involved with followers) </li></ul><ul><li>Social Media Strategist (to research and build a cross company platform ) </li></ul>
10. 2 . What Department does Social Media Belong too? Normally falling under P.R, Marketing or Communications But its essential that it’s supported by the M.D.
11. 3. Are you ready to embrace the changes it will bring? It’s a cultural shift that takes place. It needs real support , if its treated like a fad.. It won’t work. You will get feedback , some you don’t like, some good Not a negative, but a chance to innovate and improve.
12. Call Helen Tonetti on 0207 2937000 Why? I have over 20 years of Recruitment experience. I took off two years to study and apply Social Media to business. I have a very extensive on-line following/ network. I am mad about Social Media and what it can do for you And I am happy to give free advice!