ASKING AND GIVING DIRECTIONS:
HOW TO ASK FOR DIRECTIONS
• Excuse me, where is the nearest bank?
• How do I get to (the) . . . ?
• Can you tell me how to get to (the) . . . (from here)?
• What’s the best way to get to (the) . . . ?
• Excuse me, do you know if there is a . . . near here?
HOW TO LOCATE PLACES
• The bank is next to the library.
• The library is on the corner of Main Street and Park Avenue.
• The park is in front of the department store.
• The shoe shop is opposite the hospital.
HOW TO GIVE DIRECTIONS
• Go straight on
• Go up / down High Street
• Turn left / right
• Take the second (turning on the) left /right
• Walk past the (post office)
• Cross the street
• The (bookshop) will be on your left / right
• Take Baker Street
• Walk two blocks
• (First,) go down this street (for three blocks)
• (Then,) turn right at the zebra crossing.
• (After that,) go straight on Park Avenue until you get to the traffic
• (When you get to the traffic lights), turn right again.
• The bank will be on your left, next to the police station. You won’t
- Listening game elllo (directions):
- Listening how to get to the station: http://www.elllo.org/yeartwo/feb7th/tostation.htm
- Reading instructions game:
- From bbc directions: