2. Castle square Castle square with castle and museum Astoria Café
3. General Maister square The square was built when the city was still surrounded with the city wall. It is named after the General Maister , who fought for the Slovenian northern border . Today it is surrounded with the City Castle, I. gimnazija Maribor and the head office of University of Maribor .
4. Liberty square It was built in 19 th century on the previous location where the bastilles’ moat used to be. In year 1975 the Statue of liberty (also called Monument of World War II) was created by famous Slovenian sculptor Slavk o Tihec .
5. Slomškov square It is named after Slovenian bishop Anton Martin Slomšek. The main platform from 1938 on the square is work of Jože Plečnik, architect Branko Kocmut arranged the whole square 30 years later, based on Jože Plečnik’ s idea The square is surrounded with buildings belonging to the University of Maribor, main post office, which used to be a hospital and Slovenian National Theatre Maribor.
6. POHORJE mountain - unlimited possibilities for recreation
7. WINTER JOY ON POHORJE
8. SNEŽNI STADION night skiing, Golden Fox World Skiing Cup, sledging
9. INDIAN VILLAGE – Excitement for children, with ridding, archery and camping.
10. TRIKOTNA JASA- Adrenaline Park, favorite platform for great views on Maribor and final point for trekkers .
11. P ARACHUTING Fly from Pohorje - experience for brave
12. Thermal spa, summer sledging and trekking are favorite types of recreation in summer.