1. INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY & MANAGEMENT, NAVI MUMBAI“ASSIGNMENT ON HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT (H.R.M)” HR PRACTICES IN FORTUNE 500 COMPANIES OF THE WORLDSubmitted To:- Submitted By:-Prof.Ajay Gupta Group No. III Aaditya Sinha Bhuvan Arya Amit Sharma Kumar Anupam Rahul Hedau Anoop Seth Deepak Khuntwal
2. Topic assigned Topic Name of the Learning team Group no (Ranking) completed student Leader51 to 57 51 to 57 Aaditya Sinha Group No. 358 to 65 58 to 65 Anupam Kumar Group No. 366 to 72 66 to 72 Anoop Shet Group No. 373 to 75 & 426 to 73 to 75 & 426 to Rahul Hedau Group No. 3429 429430 to 436 430 to 436 Deepak Khuntwal Group No. 3437 to 443 437 to 443 Bhuvan Arya Group No. 3444 to 450 444 to 450 Amit Sharma Group No. 3
3. Rank 51. Banco SantanderFounder -Emilio Industry – Finance Headquarter – Year ofBotin Establishment - Service Cantabria, SPAIN 1999 Qualification of Fortune ranking - Products – Banking Current CEO – founder – Law and 51 services Emillio Botin Economics ScholarAssets Value –42.05 Billion Description :-Santander wants to consolidate itself as a large international financial group, which provides anincreasingly high return to its shareholders and meets all the financial needs of its customers. Inorder to achieve this, it combines a strong presence in local markets with corporate policies andglobal capacities. Official Website : www.santander.com
4. HR Practices DescriptionEmployee Care Santnader provides employees with an environment in which people can work with peace of mind, in order to build businessRespecting the Employees The group’s philosophy of “respect for employees “originates with this initiative. Striving to create an environment in which employees could live with their families, built a town that offered not only housing but also schools for children, hospitals, railroads, as well as recreational facilities.Building a productive & cooperative In line with this thinking, the company has aimed towork environment develop a working environment in which employees feel free to exchange opinions regardless of position, age, or gender.Ethics Taking different CSR initiatives in economic & social sector.Advanced Ideas Santander established a group wide structure in which we can share knowledge, experience, and information about quality to conduct horizontal development of quality improvement activities within the group.Relationship with society To ensure that a healthy & mutually beneficial relationship is maintained with the society.Trustworthy, Products/Services Launching products in the market with cutting edge technologies & products that build the trust of the audience.Harmony With The Environment We will improve education and training programs for employees and enhance the Group wide quality control system.
5. Rank 52. International Business Machines (IBM)Founder – Thomas Industry – Year of Corporate HQ :J. Watson Establishment : June Information New york, United 16, 1911 Technology States Qualification of Fortune ranking - 52 Products : I.T Current CEO - founder – Products Samuel J Palmisano Commerce and Business Studies ScholarAssets Value – US$113.452 billion Description :- International Business machines is an American Multinational Technology andConsulting firm based in Armonk, New York. IBM manufactures and sells computer hardware andsoftware and it offers infrastructure, hosting and consulting services in areas ranging frommainframe computer to nanotechnology Official Website : www.ibm.com
6. HR Practices DescriptionManaging People Managing people is a great responsibility, and one that IBM believes in take very seriously. They believe that the success and sustainability of our business is linked to the prosperity of those communitiesRespecting the Employees IBM believes in respecting the individual and seeks to provide job satisfaction.Protecting Employee Rights The group believes that harassment and victimisation on any grounds are not tolerated.Developing New Skills The group believes in developing relevant skills, knowledge, and effectiveness to enhance their contribution to our performance and share responsibility for their own career path.Competitive remuneration structure The group believes in maintaining a framework of competitive remuneration and benefits. Reward packages seek to recognise the contribution of individuals in the context of the pay market, and the performance of the business in which they work.Clear procedure for settling disputes The group has a clear procedure for disputes and ensure that appropriate structures are in place to facilitate constructive dialogue, involving recognised trade unions where appropriate.Ensuring Information Security The group believes in ensuring that information received in the course of our business dealings will not be used for personal gain or any purpose except that for which it is given.Protecting Individual & Financial The group believes in ensuring that their personal orInterests financial interests or company policy don’t collide conflicts of interest. The group believes in providing mechanisms to facilitate disclosure.
7. Rank 53. Cardinal HealthFounder – Robert D. Industry – Health Headquarter – Year ofWalter Establishment - 1971 Care Dublin,Ohio,U.S Qualification of Fortune ranking - 53 Products – Health Current CEO – founder - Dropped products George S. Barrett out of high school Assets Value – US $ 19.99 Billion Description Cardinal Health, Inc. is a Fortune 500 company that improves the cost-effectiveness ofhealthcare. As the business behind healthcare, Cardinal Health helps pharmacies, hospitals andambulatory care sites focus on patient care while reducing costs, improving efficiency and quality,and increasing profitability. Cardinal Health employs more than 30,000 people worldwide. Official Website : www.cardinal.com
8. HR Practices followed in the Organisation:-The Cardinal Health has followed following HR practices:-HR Practices DescriptionProper Employee Training & Skill Employees are educated as to the purpose andEnhancement importance of their assigned jobs through comprehensive training programs. Employees receive training in both a classroom setting with facilitation and e-learning, on-site and off-site during business hours.Performance Review & Career It coordinates training and extracurricular activitiesDevelopment for employees at all levels of the business groupsTaking Care of Employee Family & Cardinal Health exemplifies a corporate understandingHolistic Care that caring for the employee and family members mind, body, and soul generates a deeper loyalty and greater employee commitment to achieve the goals and mission of the group.Maintain Employee Motivation & The program helps keep employees focused on whatPerformance Review matters most in their work, helps them develop the skills they need to meet the changing needs of a department or area, and celebrates the successes at the end of the review cycle. Foxconn shares its successes with employees by holding various employee appreciation activities, such as giving out chocolates, having birthday celebrations once a month etc.
9. Rank 54. Freddie Mac Founder -N.A Industry – Credit Headquarter – Year of Establishment - 1970 services Virginia, U.S Qualification of Fortune ranking - 54 Products – Financial Current CEO – founder – N.A services Charles E Haldeman Assets Value – US $ 841.2 billion Description:Freddie Mac was chartered by Congress in 1970 with a public mission to stabilize the nationsresidential mortgage markets and expand opportunities for homeownership and affordable rentalhousing. Their statutory mission is to provide liquidity, stability and affordability to the U.S.housing market.They participate in the secondary mortgage market by purchasing mortgage loans and mortgage-related securities for investment and by issuing guaranteed mortgage-related securities, principallythose we call PCs. The secondary mortgage market consists of institutions engaged in buying andselling mortgages in the form of whole loans (i.e., mortgages that have not been securitized) andmortgage-related securities. They do not lend money directly to homeownersOfficial Website : www.freddiemac.com
10. HR Practices followed in the Organisation:- HR Practices DescriptionBelieving in the success of people The HR Principles of Freddie Mac were developed in 1997 from discussions with thousands of staff on what they thought Freddie Mac stood for, and what they wanted the business to be. Ten years later, Freddie’s staffs have refreshed the Values to reflect the business today and how they wanted to work in the future.Maintaining Equality in Diversity They aim to employ people who reflect the diverse nature of society and they believe in valuing the contribution they make, irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, ethnic origin or political beliefs.Flexing working roles in the company They also try and make sure everyone can work in a way that suits their circumstances we support flexible working, offering part-time roles and encouraging job-sharing opportunities and shift swapping if this is possible.Checking For Employee Abuse & The group believes that If a person believes that heMistreatment has been the victim of discrimination or have any concerns relating to our equal opportunity policies, he can contact : a)Line Manager b)Personnel Manager c) Local 4) Confidential Protector LineValues At Teamwork The group believes in the philosophy that treat people how we like to be treated: A) Work as a team’s) Trust and respect each other. c) Listen, support and say thank you. D) Share knowledge and experience.Believing In Employee-Consumer If the Freddie mac find what we do rewarding, theyPotential are more likely to go that extra mile to help our customers.
11. Rank 55 Hyundai MotorsFounder – Chung Ju Industry – Headquarter – Seoul, Year ofYung Establishment - 1967 Automobile South Korea Manufacturer Qualification of Fortune ranking - 55 Products – Current CEO – founder – School Automobiles and Chung-Mong Koo drop-out Commercial vehicles Assets Value – US$ 37 billion Official Website : www.worldwide-hyundai.com
12. HR Practices DescriptionBelieving in its People They believe that people of its company are aligned around basic values that inspire their behaviour as individuals and as an institution.Integrity The group believes in dedicating to the highest levels of personal and institutional integrity. The group believes in making honest commitments and work to consistently honour those commitments.Ethics The Group believes in walking in the shoes of the people we serve and the people they work with across the health care community.Innovation We pursue a course of continuous, positive and practical innovation; using our deep experience in automobiles to be thoughtful advocates of change and to use the insights we gain to invent a better future.Performance We are committed to deliver and demonstrate excellence in everything we do.
13. Rank 56. Enel Founder – Italian Industry –Energy Headquarter - Year of Government Establishment - 1962 Rome, Italy Qualification of Fortune ranking -56 Products – Natural Current CEO – founder – N.A gas and Electricity Fulvio Conti generation and distribution Assets Value – €168.05 billion DescriptionEnel is third largest energy provider from Italy, in terms of Market Capitalization. Formerly a stateowned monopoly; it is now partially privatised with Italian government control: the largestshareholders are the Italian Ministry of Economy & Finance (13.9%) and the state-run bank CassaDeposit e Prestiti. Official Website : www.Enel.com
14. HR Practices DescriptionFocus on Vision & Values Values and support its people as a competitive advantage. At the same time when trying to gain a competitive edge, the group tries to ensure that its vision for society & values at running the organisation are not kept aside.Promoting talented & Worthy People & Believes that it must attract, develop, retain andAssigning Responsibilities motivate the most talented people who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions.Making People Responsible for their Believes in want to giving its people the training theyactions need to succeed in their work. They want them to be responsible and accountable for their businesses and functions.Rewarding Outstanding Performance Believes in recognizing and thanking its people for its& Appraisal outstanding performance. They believe everyone on their team is important and deserves respect for who they are and how they can contribute to our success.Building A Culture of Team Spirit Believes in referring to its employees as “team members” not “employees” because their people are a precious resource to be invested in, not expenses to be managed—and because teamwork is essential to help their customers & their business succeed financially.
15. Rank 57. CVS CaremarkFounder – CVS and Industry – Pharmacy Headquarter – Year ofCaremark Merger Establishment - 2007 Woonsocket,Rhode Island, U.S Qualification of Fortune ranking - 57 Products -Retail- Current CEO – founder – N.A Pharmacy, Pharmacy Larry J. Merlo Benefit Assets Value- US $ 98.729 billion Description:-It was created by a merger of two firms, CVS and Caremark. It is an integrated pharmacy serviceprovider combining a US pharmacy service providing company with US Pharmacy chain.CVSCaremark provides pharmacy services through its over 7,000 CVS/pharmacy and Longs Drugsstore.Website: - www.cvscaremark.com
16. HR Practices followed in Organisation :HR Practices DescriptionBuilding A Culture of Pride We involve our people in creating a great place to work and a company they can be proud to work for.Talent acquisition & employee We have approached this by implementingretention strategies designed to: Encourage talented people to join CVSC and stay Match the right people to the right roles and take action where there are gaps Empower people to be the best they can be Build pride in CVSCIntroducing leadership programmes We want to create an employment brand that attracts and retains the best talent and differentiates CVSC as an employer of choice. We have introduced management and leadership programmes to nurture talent and create proactive dialogue with leaders and their teams.Celebrating success & rewarding We also celebrate success through recognitionemployees schemes which give employees credit for exceptional performance. Senior management pay continues to be linked to the survey results through clear benchmarked targets on leadership and engagement.Employees all round skill Performance review & Recruiting and retaining thedevelopment & Welfare best people in an increasingly competitive market are a strategic priority for Aviva and we have launched a new section to showcase career options across our worldwide markets.
17. Rank 58. JX Holdings Plc. Founder -Fumuiaki Industry - Oil & Headquarter – Year of Watari Establishment - Energy . Tokyo,Japan Nippon Oil Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Exploration. 1888 Mining & Metals Nippon Mining Production Holdings, Inc. 1905 Qualification of Fortune ranking - Products – Mining Current CEO - founder - Dropped 58 & Metallurgy Mitsunori Takahagi out of high school Products Oil & Gas Refining Assets Value – 6299.1 Billion Yen Description :-JX Holdings Plc. has been established through the joint share transfer by Nippon Oil Corporationand Nippon Mining Holdings, Inc. On July 1, 2010, all the businesses of the both Group Companieswere integrated, restructured and reorganized under JX Holdings, resulting the incorporation ofthree core business companies; Petroleum Refining and Marketing Business Company, Oil andNatural Gas Exploration and Production Business Company and Metals Business Company.We, with the JX Group Slogan “The Future of Energy, Resources and Materials,” will fullyintegrate our management functions across all the business operations by combining themanagement resources of the group companies and utilizing their combined strength to the fullestextent possible. Official Website : www.hd.jx-group.co.jp
18. HR Practices DescriptionEmployee Care The JX Holdings Believes that it is imperative to provide employees with an environment in which people can work with peace of mind, in order to build business For this reason, the company has focused its efforts on raising the standard of living for its employees at different locations.Respecting the Employees The group’s philosophy of “respect for employees “originates with this initiative. Striving to create an environment in which employees could live with their families, built a town that offered not only housing but also schools for children, hospitals, railroads, as well as recreational facilities. At the same time, a spirit of “respect for employees” was nurtured, which has subsequently been passed down to the current group. This spirit of “respect for employees “has also influenced its business activities, subsequently bringing free and vigorous discussions and flexible organization where employees can freely communicate with each other. . .Building a productive & cooperative In line with this thinking, the company has aimed towork environment develop a working environment in which employees feel free to exchange opinions regardless of position, age, or gender.E- Ethics Taking different CSR initiatives in economic & social sector.A- Advanced Ideas: JX Holdings established a group wide structure in which we can share knowledge, experience, and information about quality to conduct horizontal development of quality improvement activities within the group.R – Relationship with society To ensure that a healthy & mutually beneficial relationship is maintained with the society.T- Trustworthy, Products/Services Launching products in the market with cutting edge technologies & products that build the trust of the audience.H- Harmony With The Environment Based on the above-mentioned Basic Quality Policy, we will promote the sharing of information, knowledge, and experience related to quality control throughout the Group. At the same time, we will improve education and training programs for employees and enhance the Group wide quality control system.
19. Rank 59. Lloyds Banking GroupFounder - Industry – Banking Year of Corporate HQ : Establishment Services Gresham Street :2009 ,London,UK Qualification of Fortune ranking - Products :Banking Current CEO - Sir founder - Dropped 59 Retail Banking Win Bischoff out of high school Corporate Banking Financial ServicesAssets Value – 991.6Billion Pounds Description:-Lloyds Banking Group plc. is a major British financial institution, formed through the acquisition of HBOS by Lloyds TSB in 2009. As at February 2010, HM Treasury held a 41% shareholding through UK Financial Investment Ltd (see Government stake below). Lloyds Banking Groups activities are organised into four business divisions: Retail Banking (including Mortgages), Wholesale, Life Pensions & Insurance, and Wealth & International. Lloyds extensive operations span the globe including the US, Europe, Middle East and Asia.Lloyds TSB was formed in 1995 by the merger of Lloyds Bank and the Trustee Savings Bank. Thecompany operated in England &Wales as Lloyds TSB Bank plc. and in Scotland as Lloyds TSBScotland plc. Its other subsidiaries included the mortgage bank Cheltenham and Gloucester, lifeassurance company Scottish Widows, finance house Black Horse and private equity investor LloydsDevelopment Capital. Official Website : http://www.LloydsBankingGroup.com
20. HR Practices DescriptionManaging People Managing people is a great responsibility, and one that Lloyds Banking group believes in take very seriously. They believe that the success and sustainability of our business is linked to the prosperity of those communitiesRespecting the Employees Lloyds Banking Group believes in respecting the individual and seeks to provide job satisfaction.Protecting Employee Rights The group believes that harassment and victimisation on any grounds are not tolerated.Developing New Skills The group believes in developing relevant skills, knowledge, and effectiveness to enhance their contribution to our performance and share responsibility for their own career path.Building a conducive work environment The group believes in seek to provide a clean, healthy and safe work environment. The group believes in taking every reasonable precaution to avoid injury to ourselves, our colleagues and members of the public.Competitive remuneration structure The group believes in maintaining a framework of competitive remuneration and benefits. Reward packages seek to recognise the contribution of individuals in the context of the pay market, and the performance of the business in which they work.Clear procedure for settling disputes The group has a clear procedure for disputes and ensure that appropriate structures are in place to facilitate constructive dialogue, involving recognised trade unions where appropriate.Ensuring Independent Operations of The group has taken such steps as are necessary toSub-Entities:- ensure independent operation of the UK staff pension schemes, and our compliance with all relevant legislation. The group does not allow solicitation, acceptance or provision of any benefit or gift for services provided by or to the company.Ensuring Information Security The group believes in ensuring that information received in the course of our business dealings will not be used for personal gain or any purpose except that for which it is given.Protecting Individual & Financial The group believes in ensuring that their personal orInterests financial interests or company policy don’t collide conflicts of interest. The group believes in providing mechanisms to facilitate disclosure.
21. Rank 60. Hon Hai Precision Industry Founder -Terry Gou Industry - Headquarter - Year of Establishment - 1974 Electronics Tucheng District , Manufacturing Taipei City ,Taiwan Services Qualification of Fortune ranking - 60 Products - Current CEO – Terry founder - Dropped Electronics Gou out of high school Assets Value – US $ 2.2 Billion DescriptionThe Foxconn Technology Group is a multinational business group anchored by the Hon HaiPrecision Industry Co.Ltd. Is a Republic of China registered corporation headquartered in Tucheng,Taiwan? Foxconn is the worlds largest maker of electronic components Hon Hai Precision Industry Co Ltd was founded in 1974 as a manufacturer of electricalcomponents (notably electrical connectors for computer components. Official Website : http://www. foxconn.com
22. HR Practices followed in the Organisation:-The Foxconn or Hon Hai Precision Industry has followed following HR practices:-HR Practices DescriptionProper Employee Training & Skill It is Fox Conn’s belief that having proper employeeEnhancement training and skills enhancement improves employee motivation, contributes to creating a positive work environment, and teaches them how to be leaders. Employees are educated as to the purpose and importance of their assigned jobs through comprehensive training programs. Employees receive training in both a classroom setting with facilitation and e-learning, on-site and off-site during business hours.Performance Review & Career All employees are under regular review ofDevelopment performance and career development by supervisors. Employee training is an integral part of Fox Conn’s Corporate Human Resources/IE (Industrial Engineering). Departments vision and long-term strategic objectives. It coordinates training and extracurricular activities for employees at all levels of the business groups.Taking Care of Employee Family & Foxconn exemplifies a corporate understanding thatHolistic Care caring for the employee and family members mind, body, and soul generates a deeper loyalty and greater employee commitment to achieve the goals and mission of the group.Maintain Employee Motivation & The program helps keep employees focused on whatPerformance Review matters most in their work, helps them develop the skills they need to meet the changing needs of a department or area, and celebrates the successes at the end of the review cycle. Foxconn shares its successes with employees by holding various employee appreciation activities, such as giving out chocolates, having birthday celebrations once a month etc.Strategic Partnerships with Reputable Foxconn has established strategic partnerships withUniversities the most reputable universities in China to offer formal academic education training and grant opportunities to employees. Foxconn offers a wide range of Diploma, Undergraduate, Postgraduate and PhD programs.Employee Training at different Levels In 2009, the company provided approximately 15,360,000 hours of training for a total of about 17,580,000 person-times, of which 500,000 hours were devoted to SER training with 2,000,000 person- times.
23. Rank 61. Tesco Plc.Founder -Mr Jack Industry – Banking Headquarter – Year ofCohen Establishment - 1919 Telecommunications Delamare Rd Cheshunt Hertfordshire, United Kingdom Qualification of Fortune ranking - 61 Products - Groceries Current CEO – Mr founder – Canvas Philip Clarke Consumer Goods Maker ( Royal Flying Corps) Financial services Telecom Assets Value – 2.67 billion pounds Description:Tesco plc. Is a global grocery and general merchandise retailer headquartered in Cheshunt, UnitedKingdom? It is the third-largest retailer in the world measured by revenues (after Wal-Mart andCarrefour) and the second-largest measured by profits (after Wal-Mart).It has stores in 14 countriesacross Asia, Europe and North America and is the grocery market leader in the UK (where it has amarket share of around 30%), Malaysia, the Republic of Ireland and Thailand. The company wasfounded by Jack Cohen in 1919 and opened its first store in 1929 in Burnt Oak, Edgware, andMiddlesex. Originally a UK-focused grocery retailer, Tesco has diversified both geographically andinto areas such as the retailing of books, clothing, electronics, furniture, petrol and software;financial services; telecoms and internet services; DVD rental; and music downloads.Official Website : http://www.tesco.com
24. HR Practices followed in the Organisation:- HR Practices DescriptionBelieving in the success of people The HR Principles of Tesco were developed in 1997 from discussions with thousands of staff on what they thought Tesco stood for, and what they wanted the business to be. Ten years later, Tesco staff has refreshed the Values to reflect the business today and how they wanted to work in the future. The same values were re-launched across the Group in 2009.The group believes that its success depends on its people.Maintaining Equality in Diversity The group aims to employ people who reflect the diverse nature of society and they believe in valuing the contribution they make, irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, ethnic origin or political beliefs.Maintaining fairness in recruitment They are in company stores, in distribution centres and in the offices, TE SCO group believes in recruitment on merit, using clearly defined and fair criteria.Flexing working roles in the company They also try and make sure everyone can work in a way that suits their circumstances we support flexible working, offering part-time roles and encouraging job-sharing opportunities and shift swapping if this is possible.Checking For Employee Abuse & The group believes that If a person believes that heMistreatment has been the victim of discrimination or have any concerns relating to our equal opportunity policies, he can contact : a)Line Manager b)Personnel Manager c) Local 4) Confidential Protector LineValues At Teamwork The group believes in the philosophy that treat people how we like to be treated: A) Work as a team’s) Trust and respect each other. c) Listen, support and say thank you. D) Share knowledge and experience.Believing In Employee-Consumer If the Tesco team find what we do rewarding, theyPotential are more likely to go that extra mile to help our customers.General HR values for running the company:-The group has launched a four-part vision for the future of the business. They want Tesco to be seenas the most highly valued business in the world. Valued not only by their customers, but also by thecommunities they serve our staff and our shareholders.They wish to remain a growth company. They want to continue to pursue growth in all parts of thebusiness – in the UK, internationally, in services and across general merchandise, clothing andelectrical.They want to be a modern and innovative company. They want to stay ahead of the curve,
25. anticipating changes and adapting for the sake of our customers and staff.They want to win locally by applying our skills globally. Locally because all retailing is local.But increasingly we are utilising the skill and scale of the Group to benefit the performance andcompetitiveness of each of our businesses around the world.
26. Rank 62 United HealthCare Group Founder – Founded Industry – Headquarter - Year of with govt aid Establishment - 1977 Health Industry Minnetonka, Minnesota,USA Health Insurance Qualification of Fortune ranking - 62 Products – Current CEO - founder - Non- Healthcare Services Stephen Hemsley Available Assets Value – US$ 59.0billion Description:-UnitedHealth Group Incorporated is a diversified health and "well-being" company. Headquarteredin Minnetonka, Minnesota, UnitedHealth Group offers a spectrum of products and services throughtwo operating businesses: UnitedHealth care and Optus. Through its family of subsidiaries anddivisions, UnitedHealth Group serves approximately 70 million individuals nationwide. In 2010,the company posted a net income of $4.6 billion. UnitedHealth Group is the parent ofUnitedHealth care, a large health insurer in the United States. It was created in 1977, asUnitedHealth Care Corporation (it was renamed in 1998), but traces its origin to a firm it acquiredin 1977, Charter Med Incorporated, which was founded in 1974. In 1979, it introduced the firstnetwork-based health plan for seniors. In 1984, it became a publicly traded company. Official Website : http://www.unitedhealthgroup.com
27. HR Practices DescriptionBelieving in its People The group believes that people of its company are aligned around basic values that inspire their behaviour as individuals and as an institution.Integrity The group believes in dedicating to the highest levels of personal and institutional integrity. The group believes in making honest commitments and work to consistently honour those commitments.Ethics The group believes in not compromising ethics. The group in striving to deliver on their promises and they believe they have the courage to acknowledge mistakes and do whatever is needed to address them. The Group believes in walking in the shoes of the people we serve and the people they work with across the health care community.Listening to the Employees They believe that their job is to listen with empathy and then respond appropriately and quickly with service and advocacy for each individual, each group or community and for society as a whole. They celebrate our role in serving people and society in an area as vitally human as their health.Developing a culture for quality They believe in building trust through cultivatinghealthcare relationships and working in productive collaboration with government, employers, physicians, nurses and other health care professionals, hospitals and the individual consumers of health care.Promoting & Encouraging New Ideas The group believes that trust is earned and preserved through truthfulness, integrity, active engagement and collaboration with their colleagues and clients. We encourage the variety of thoughts and perspectives that reflect the diversity of their markets, customers and workforce.Innovation We pursue a course of continuous, positive and practical innovation, using our deep experience in health care to be thoughtful advocates of change and to use the insights we gain to invent a better future that will make the health care environment work and serve everyone more fairly, productively and consistently.Performance We are committed to deliver and demonstrate excellence in everything we do. They believe that they will be accountable and responsible for consistently delivering high-quality and superior results that make a difference in the lives of the people we touch.
28. Rank 63. Wells Fargo Founder – Mr Henry Industry – Banking Headquarter - Year of Wells Establishment - New Financial Services San Francisco, Mr William J Fargo York City March 18, United States 1852 Qualification of Fortune ranking -63 Products – Retail Current CEO – founder - High Banking John G Stumpf School Investment Banking Commercial Banking Mortgages Consumer Finance Assets Value – US$ 1.258 Trillion DescriptionWells Fargo & Company is an American multinational diversified financial services company withoperations around the world. Wells Fargo is the fourth largest bank in the US by assets and thesecond largest bank by market capitalization. Wells Fargo is the second largest bank in deposits,home mortgage servicing, and debit card. In 2011, Wells Fargo was the 23rd largest company. In2007 it was the only bank in the United States to be rated AAA by S&P, though its rating has sincebeen lowered to AA in light of the financial crisis of 2007-2010. The firms primary U.S. operatingsubsidiary is national bank Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., which designates its main office as Sioux Falls,South Dakota or legal purposes. Official Website : http://www.WellsFargo.com
29. HR Practices DescriptionFocus on Vision & Values The group values and support its people as a competitive advantage. At the same time when trying to gain a competitive edge, the group tries to ensure that its vision for society & values at running the organisation are not kept aside.Promoting talented & Worthy People & The group believes that it must attract, develop, retainAssigning Responsibilities and motivate the most talented people who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions.Making People Responsible for their The group believes in want to giving its people theactions training they need to succeed in their work. They want them to be responsible and accountable for their businesses and functions.Rewarding Outstanding Performance The group believes in recognizing and thanking its& Appraisal people for its outstanding performance. They believe everyone on their team is important and deserves respect for who they are and how they can contribute to our success.Building A Culture of Team Spirit The Group believes in referring to its employees as “team members” not “employees” because their people are a precious resource to be invested in, not expenses to be managed—and because teamwork is essential to help their customers & their business succeed financially. The group believes that products and technology don’t fulfil the promise behind a brand people do, people who are more talented, more motivated, more energized than their competitors.Evaluating Employee Performance We value the contribution every team member can make toward our company’s success by: a) Holding ourselves personally accountable for results. b) Taking prudent risks. c) Leading by example. d) Leading by having the courage to speak what we believe is the truth. e) Making decisions locally, close to the customer. f) Caring about each other and showing it.Developing future leaders Each year, the Wells Fargo group invest millions of dollars in team member training for education, mentoring and coaching, developing management and leadership skills, and helping team members find challenging new assignments.Developing a culture of shared They believe the greatest skill is the skill to learn newresponsibility skills. At Wells Fargo, career development is a shared responsibility between team members and their managers. They believe that they are expected to take charge of our own career development.
30. Rank 64. AvivaFounder – Different Industry – Insurance Headquarter - St Year ofInvesting agencies Establishment - 2000 Industry Helen’s Tower, London, United Kingdom Qualification of Fortune ranking - 64 Products - Life Current CEO – Mr founder – Not Insurance Andrew Moss Available Pensions General Insurance Assets Value – 1892 Million Pounds Description:-It was created by a merger of two British insurance firms, Norwich Union and CGU plc. (itselfcreated by the 1998 merger of Commercial Union and General Accident HYPERLINK as CGNU in2000. The Aviva name was adopted in July 2002.Its primary listing is on London Stock Exchange & it is a constituent of FTSE 100 Index. It has asecondary listing on New York Stock Exchange. It was created by merger of two British insurancefirms Norwich Union & CGU Plc. (itself created by the 1998 merger of Commercial Union &General Accident) as CGNU in 2000.The Aviva name was adopted in July, 2002. Website:- http://www.aviva.com/
31. HR Practices followed in Organisation :HR Practices DescriptionBuilding A Culture of Pride We involve our people in creating a great place to work and a company they can be proud to work for.Policy for serving the customer Avivas people strategy and our track record as a responsible employer help us to compete in a competitive market for the right people to take our business forward. We have a clear purpose - to drive a talent leadership and culture-led transformation to deliver exceptional business performance.Talent acquisition & employee retention We have approached this by implementing strategies designed to: Encourage talented people to join Aviva and stay Match the right people to the right roles and take action where there are gaps Empower people to be the best they can be Build pride in Aviva.Introducing leadership programmes We want to create an employment brand that attracts and retains the best talent and differentiates Aviva as an employer of choice. We have introduced management and leadership programmes to nurture talent and create proactive dialogue with leaders and their teams.Celebrating success & rewarding We also celebrate success through recognitionemployees schemes, including Spotlight and Aviva Achievers, which give employees credit for exceptional performance. Senior management pay continues to be linked to the survey results through clear benchmarked targets on leadership and engagement.Employees all round skill development Performance review & Recruiting and retaining the& Welfare best people in an increasingly competitive market are a strategic priority for Aviva and we have launched a new section to showcase career options across our worldwide markets.Voluntary programs to foster a culture We delivered more than 57,250 hours of volunteeringof leadership in 2010. More people were involved, but this is a drop- back in total volume. This was due to the removal of paid intermediaries previously used to broker opportunities, and the limited volunteering options when working with vulnerable children. We are addressing this by providing more volunteering choices for employees in 2011.
32. Rank 65. Metro Group Founder – Mr Otto Industry – Retail Headquarter - Year of Beisheim Establishment – Renaissance Center 1964 Detroit, Michigan, Metro AG 1996 United States Qualification of Fortune ranking - 65 Products – Super Current CEO – founder - Dropped Markets Eckhard Cordes out of high school Hyper Markets Assets Value – US $ 2.211 Billion Description:-Metro AG is a diversified retail and /Cash & Carry group based in Dusseldorf, Germany. It hasthe largest market share in its home market, and is one of the most globalised retail and wholesalecorporations. It is the fourth-largest retailer in the world measured by revenues (after Wal-Mart,Carrefour and Tesco). In English it often refers to itself as Metro Group. It was established in 1964by Otto Beisheim.The company operates the following sales divisions: 1)Metro & Makro Cash & Carry (Makro stores in the United Kingdom and elsewhere in Europe were acquired from SHV Holdings in 1998): This division accounts for nearly half of group sales as of 2004, and is by far the most internationalised division, with stores in almost every country in which the group operates. 2)Real: A hypermarket operator. 265 stores in Germany and 34 elsewhere as of early 2005. 3) Media Market and Saturn: Media Market is a consumer electronics company with stores in Germany and several other European countries. Saturn is an electronic media chain, also with stores in Germany and some other European countries. 4) Galeria Kaufhof: A department store chain with locations in Germany and Belgium. As of 2007 it has added the former Wal-Mart Germany stores to the Real chain. Official Website : http://www.metrogroup.de
33. HR Practices DescriptionGeneral HR Practices With the aim of attracting and retaining sufficient numbers of skilled and committed employees in an international competitive environment, METRO GROUP operates an innovative and forward-looking Human Resources policy. The company manages to inspire people to the company and the retail sector through numerous career and development opportunities, considerable training and further training programs and the promotion of diversity and fair working conditions.Working conditions METRO GROUP is a worldwide advocate for fair and humane working conditions, so that its employees remain highly productive and motivated over the long- term. Along with the compliance with internationally- recognised standards, this also translates as ensuring safety at work as well as safeguarding employee health.Ensuring a risk free health In Germany, in 2010 there was an average of 15environment accidents at the workplace with over three working days lost per 1,000 employees within METRO GROUP. With preventive measures as well as the intensive training of management and employees METRO GROUP wants to cut the number of working accidents continuously.Training In order to cover their future demand for specialist staff, METRO GROUP is making considerable investment in the vocational training of young people. With a training quota of 8.4 percent in 2010, METRO GROUP ranks among the leading companies in Germany providing vocational training. Cooperation with schools helps provide young people with an early insight into the range of opportunities available in the retail sector. In countries where no officially- recognised vocational training is available, METRO GROUP ensures the company meets its needs in terms of future specialists with own training programs.Further Training The company-wide employee training at Metro Cash & Carry is of a high international standard. In order to ensure the challenging contents of the training course are consistent across all locations, the sales divisions in Germany, France, Russia and China set up intercultural training centres. Under the label of "House of Training", Metro Cash & Carry delivers permanent training courses for employees on the activities in wholesale stores or purchasing. Experienced specialists from the company mediate on practical topics including food customers and preparation, merchandising and store layout.Employee Retention The objective for METRO GROUP is to retain skilled management and specialist staff as long as possible in the company. This is a key challenge, particularly in the
34. growth areas of Eastern Europe and Asia due to the low levels of unemployment and growing competition.Providing financial & performance In order to promote loyalty towards the company,related incentives Metro Cash & Carry in Russia, China and other growth markets offers interlocking incentives which are both financial and performance-related. Within a period of up to three years, employees are able to progressively improve their specialist skills and their earnings from the so-called Starter to High Potential level.Establishing a credible social METRO GROUPs success is linked to a sound socialenvironment environment. The goal is to strengthen the attractiveness and performance of the companys locations, as well as the stakeholders trust. Thats the reason behind METRO GROUPs commitment to numerous social projects and initiatives.
35. Founder – State Year of Industry – Oil and Headquarter –owned Enterprise Establishment - Gas Caracus, Venezuela 1975 Fortune ranking - Products – Production Current CEO - 66 of Oil and Gas. Rafael Refining and exporting Ramirez Of oil and gas. Assets Value – US$137.2 billionDescription: Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A. (PDVSA, (Petroleum of Venezuela) is the Venezuelan state-owned petroleum company. It has activities in exploration, production, refining and exporting oil, aswell as exploration and production of natural gas. Since its founding on 1 January 1976 with thenationalization of the Venezuelan oil industry, PDVSA has dominated the oil industry of Venezuela,the worlds fifth largest oil exporter.
36. HR Practices Description Motivation Shell’s HR people are responsible for essential people-orientated role in all the stages of jobs and tasks and providing organizational support and managing change. FAIR EVALUATION SYSTEM FOR We have an evaluation system that clearly links EMPLOYEES individual performance to corporate business goals and priorities. Each employee has well defined reporting relationships. Self-rating as a part of evaluation process empowers our employees. SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY PDSVA contributes to industrial development by building and operating Power infrastructure and fulfilling its corporate responsibilities with Eco-friendly management and integrity. Training PDSVA conducts systematic company wise and division wise training emphasizing On Job Training to ensure that associates can be used with their full abilities.,
37. STATOILFounder – Year of Industry – Headquarter –Government of Norway Establishment - Petroleum and power Stavanger, Norway 2007 generation Fortune ranking - Products – Current CEO - 67 Helge Lund. Oil and natural gas production and exploration. Petrochemicals. Assets Value – US$643.01 billionDescription: Statoil ASA, trading as Statoil and formerly known as Statoil Hydro, is a Norwegianenergy company, formed by the 2007 merger of Statoil with the oil and gas division of NorskHydro. The Government of Norway is the largest shareholder in Statoil with 67% of the shares.The ownership interest is managed by the Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy. Statoilis a fully integrated petroleum company with production operations in thirteen countries and retailoperations in eight.
38. HR Practices Description HR people position the Group for the future, Knowledge Sharing building a culture that blends the best of our past with new influences for the future. Stateoil believe in adding value to the Developing people organization by developing its people. EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT "Employee Engagement is a measurable degree of an employees positive or negative emotional attachment to their job, colleagues and organization which profoundly influences their willingness to learn and perform at work".Establish a corporate climate of greater safety Providing a safe and homely environment willand quality operations. help to retain human resource of company. SAFE,HEALTHY AND HAPPY Creating a safe, healthy and happy workplace WORKPLACE will ensure that our employees feel homely and stay with our organization for a very long time. Capture their pulse through employee surveys.
39. ELECTRICITE DE FRANCEFounder – Marcel Year of Industry – Energy Headquarter – Paris,Paul Establishment - France 1946 Qualification of Fortune ranking - Products – Current CEO - founder – Graduate 68 Henri proglio of HEC Paris. Electricity generation, transmission and distribution, Energy trading. Assets Value – US$240.56 billionDescription: Electricity de France S.A. (Electricity of France), or EDF, is the world’s largest utilitycompany. Headquartered in Paris and with €65.2 billion in revenues in 2010, EDF operates adiverse portfolio of 120,000+ megawatts of generation capacity in Europe, Latin America, Asia, theMiddle-East and Africa.EDF is one of the worlds largest producers of electricity. In 2003, itproduced 22% of the European Unions electricity, primarily from nuclear power.
40. HR Practices DescriptionStrengthen ties with employee community Various cultural events and discussions will bethrough discussions and events. arranged so as to enhance inter employee understandings. PERFORMANCE DRIVEN EDF works to deliver performance and create value in various fields including green growth to meet the expectations of the company’s stakeholders. . Rights and interests of employees In conformity with relevant laws and regulations, EDF has established a human resources management system which treats all employees equally. Besides, they continue to reform the remuneration, welfare and insurance system to better adapt to social progress and our companys development. INNOVATION AND TECHNOLOGY They want to be the innovation leader for green LEADERSHIP technologies and safety. As for green technologies, we pursue three different drive system solutions: the optimization of internal- combustion engines, hybridization and locally emission free drive systems powered battery- electric or by fuel cell. FAIR EVALUATION SYSTEM FOR Develop an evaluation system that clearly EMPLOYEES links individual performance to corporate business goals and priorities. Each employee should have well defined reporting relationships. Self rating as a part of evaluation process empowers employees.,
41. LUKOILFounder – State run Year of Industry – Oil and Headquarter –company Establishment - gasoline, alternative Moscow, Russia 1991 fuel Fortune ranking - Products – Current CEO - 69 Vahid Petroleum and derived Alakbarov products service stations. Assets Value – US$212.09 billionDescription: Lukoil was formed in 1991, when three state-run, western Siberian companies,Langepasneftegaz, Urayneftegaz, and Kogalymneftegaz, merged. The initials of the threecompanies are preserved in the name Lukoil. Lukoil is Russias second largest oil company and itssecond largest producer of oil. In 2009, the company produced 97.615 million tons of oil; 1.972million barrels per day. Headquartered in Moscow, Lukoil is the second largest public company(next to ExxonMobil) in terms of proven oil and gas reserves. The company has operations in morethan 40 countries around the world.
42. HR Practices Description KNOWLEDGE SHARING We adopt a systematic approach to ensure that knowledge management supports strategy. We store knowledge in databases to provide greater access to information posted either by the company or the employees on the knowledge portals of the company. HIGHLIGHT PERFORMERS Create profiles of top performers and make these visible though company intranet, display boards etc. It will encourage others to put in their best, thereby creating a competitive environment within the company. If a systems approach is followed to shortlist high performers, you can surely avoid disgruntlements. 360 Degree Performance Management We’re involved in everything from Feedback Mechanism recruitment and performance management through to learning and development.Reducing labor cost Tesoro is looking for low labour cost so as to increase the revenue by means for maximum profitability. Training & Development with open book Leadership and Development team supports management the development of managers and talented individuals to ensure the promotion of self- fulfilment while also meeting the future business needs.,
43. VALERO ENERGYFounder – State run Year of Establishment Industry – Oil and Headquartercompany - 1980 Gasoline – San Antonio, Texas, US. Fortune ranking - 70 Products – Current CEO - Petrochemical William R. Assets Value – US$37.621 billionDescription: Valero was created on January 1, 1980, as a spinoff from the Coastal States GasCorporation. At the time, it was the largest corporate spin off in U.S. history. Valero took over thenatural gas operations of the LoVaca Gathering Company, a defunct subsidiary of Coastal StatesGas. The name Valero comes from Mission San Antonio de Valero, better known worldwide as TheAlamo. Valero Energy Corporation is a Fortune 500 international manufacturer and marketer oftransportation fuels, other petrochemical products, and power based in San Antonio, Texas, UnitedStates. The company owns and operates 15 refineries throughout the United States, Canada, UnitedKingdom, and the Caribbean.
44. HR Practices DescriptionBuilding an ideal workplace culture. To improve the efficiency and effectiveness of working and decision making of employees by providing continuous reinforcement.Pro-active working Before employee approach to company, the company itself will evaluate and probe about the employee and fair decision making will be done.Strengthen ties with employee community Various cultural events and discussions will bethrough discussions and events. arranged so as to enhance inter employee understandings.Training Company ensures training programs are in place to build a leadership pipeline and monitor consistent application of training standards throughout the organization.Attract and retain high level of talent through The talented employee is a key of growth for thecreativity company so as to retain this resource company will develop a creative plan to make the employee ease in the environment of corporate culture.,
45. Founder – Friedrich Year of Establishment Industry – Chemicals, HeadquarterEngelhorn - 1865 manufacturing, Energy – Ludwigshafen, Germany. Fortune ranking - 71 Products – Current CEO Chemicals, plastics, - Kurt Bock performance chemicals, catalyst, coatings, crop technology, crude oil and natural gas exploration and production. Assets Value – US$59.39 billionDescription: BASF was founded on 6 April 1865 in Mannheim, in the state of Baden-Württemberg,Germany, by Friedrich Engelhorn. He had been responsible for setting up a gasworks and streetlighting for the town council in 1861. The gasworks produced tar as a byproduct, and Engelhornused this for the production of dyes. BASF SE is the largest chemical company in the world and is headquartered in Germany.At the end of 2010, the company employed more than 109,000 people, with over 50,800 inGermany alone. In 2010, BASF posted sales of €63.87 billion and income from operations beforespecial items of about €8.1 billion. The company is currently expanding its international activitieswith a particular focus on Asia. Between 1990 and 2005, the company invested €5.6 billion in Asia,for example in sites near Nanjing and Shanghai, China and Mangalore in India.
46. HR Practices Description Open Book Management Style Central HR is an enabler of high value-adding Human Resource management, and works closely with HR within Shell’s various businesses to create a seamless global function.Building work environment that increases Delighting employees occasionally so as tocreativity. increase morale of teams. HIGHLIGHT PERFORMER We create profiles of top performers and make these visible through company intra net, display boards etc. It will encourage others to put in their best, thereby creating a competitive environment within the company. .EMPLOYEE EVALUATION: Every company has an employee evaluation system in place but a good system links individual performance to the goals and priorities of the organization. This works well when achievements are tracked over a year. CUSTOMER RESPECT BASF listens to its customers and constantly seeks to increase quality and provide better service with which to create customer value.
47. SOCIETE GENERALEFounder – Group of Year of Industry – Financial Headquarter –people. Establishment - Services Boulevard 1864 Haussmann, 9th arrondissement, Paris Fortune ranking - Products – Current CEO - 72 Frederic Odeon Retail, Private, investment and Corporate banking insurance; investment management Assets Value – US$1.132trillionDescription: The bank was founded by a group of industrialists and financiers during the secondempire, on May 4, 1864, to support the development of commerce and industry in France. Thebanks first chairman was the prominent industrialist Eugene Schneider (1805–1875) followed byEdward Blount, a Scotsman. Society General S.A. is a large European Bank and a major Financial Servicescompany which also has a substantial global presence. The three main divisions are Retail Banking& Specialized Financial Services (particularly in France and Eastern Europe), Corporate andInvestment Banking (Derivatives, Structured Finance and Euro Capital Markets) and GlobalInvestment Management & Services.
48. HR Practices Description Rewards and Performance linked Bonuses The Reward team provides specialist advice on pay awards and bonus schemes as well as managing employee benefits offering.Personal development and training In addition to the business purpose training personal development training is also organized every year.Health and safety To safeguard the welfare of employees when they are at work is the objective of The SG.Well Being of environment For employee assistance a 24 hrs. free helpline has been established, so as to keep environment friendly.Whistle blowing policy ‘Speak up’, the policy has been provided to employees to raise complaints anonymously.,
49. Sony Corporation Founder - Masaru Year of Establishment Industry - Headquarter - Tokyo, Ibuka and Akio - November 17, 1994 Entertainment and Japan Morita Multimedia Qualification of Fortune ranking - 73 Products - Current CEO - founder - Waseda Consumer & Howard Stringer University professional electronic equipment Communication & information-related equipment Semiconductor Electronic devices & components Battery Chemicals PlayStation Blu-ray Assets Value – US$ 155.94 billionWebsite - http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Description - The Sony Group is primarily focused on the Electronics (such as AV/IT products &components), Game (such as PlayStation), Entertainment (such as motion pictures and music), andFinancial Services (such as insurance and banking) sectors. Not only do we represent a wide rangeof businesses, but we remain globally unique. Our aim is to fully leverage this uniqueness inaggressively carrying out our convergence strategy so that we can continue to emotionally touchand excite our customers.
50. HR Practices Description Dedicated to Diversity Encourage applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities. Work assignments, transfers, promotions and compensation are all determined on the basis of merit without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, and age, record of offence, marital or family status, sexual orientation, or disability. Total Rewards Offer performance-driven pay, results driven bonus program, a comprehensive benefits program, professional development opportunities, and a work environment conducive to both professional and personal fulfillment individual performance is assessed annually in order to fairly distribute raises and bonuses.Health & development Benefits program like Vision Care, Dental, Medical, Travel Insurance, Disability, Life Insurance, Alternative therapies and Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage.GOOD Work Environment There are a number of employee programs and policies in place designed to make employees feel valued and appreciated which in turn, amount to happy and motivated employees. They offer a stimulating, challenging and highly supportive work environment –with an outstanding reputation for exceptional quality and services. Work/Life Balance Sony has a number of family-friendly policies and programs in place to help achieve this generous vacation policy plus floater days, compassionate sick leave policy, paid leaves of absences, flexible work arrangements, Employee Assistance Program (covering a wide spectrum of issues), as well as health and wellness programs are all reflective of commitment to achieving employee work-life balance.
51. ArcelorMittalFounder - Lakshmi Industry - Steel Headquarter - Year ofN. Mittal Establishment - Luxembourg, UK 2006 Qualification of Fortune ranking - Products - Steel, flat Current CEO - founder - St. 74 steel products, long Lakshmi N. Mittal Xaviers College, steel products, wire Calcutta products, plates Assets Value – US $130.9 billionWebsite - http://www.arcelormittal.com/Description - ArcelorMittal is the worlds leading steel company, with operations in more than 60countries. ArcelorMittal is the leader in all major global steel markets, including automotive,construction, household appliances and packaging, with leading R&D and technology, as well assizeable captive supplies of raw materials and outstanding distribution networks.
52. HR Practices DescriptionHealth and Safety They work every day in potentially dangerous conditions, where accidents are always possible. Thats why workplace safety is such an overwhelming priority - so important, in fact, that every Board and Group Management Board meeting starts with an update on Health and Safety performance.Employee development • The value of talent - A whole range of programs and initiatives designed to develop the people they already have, and recruit the leaders of tomorrows ArcelorMittal. They put huge importance on developing the talent we already have, and give internal candidates priority whenever a new job vacancy arises. • Performance management and leadership development – There approach to performance management puts as much emphasis on how employees achieve their goals, as what they achieve. They want to encourage ways of working that support our values and create role models for our future success. A competency framework, which sets out the skills we need from tomorrows leaders. These include change management, decision making, a focus on results, strategic thinking, teamwork, full awareness of our stakeholders, effective communication, and a commitment to learning and development. Having a single framework like this makes it easier to have consistency standards across the Group, and an objective method for assessing both abilities and potential.Social dialogue They believe that open dialogue with our employees is crucial to a productive and supportive working environment, mutual trust and respect are vital to a genuine partnership approach, which has proved effective.
53. Deutsche TelekomFounder - 1995 Industry - Telecom Headquarter - Year of(Privatization) 1996 Establishment - Bonn, Germany(Flotation) 1995 Qualification of Fortune ranking - Products - Fixed- Current CEO - founder - NA 75 line and mobile René Obermann telephony, broadband and fixed-line internet services, IT and network services Assets Value – €127.81 billionWebsite - http://www.telekom.com/dtag/cms/content/dt/en/10282Description - Deutsche Telekom AG is one of the worlds leading telecommunications andinformation technology service companies. We have almost 200 million customers and offer themall kinds of products and services for connected life and work.
54. HR Practices DescriptionCultural diversity Respecting the various cultures and using their distinctive national practices for success. This is based on the Groups five Guiding Principles and the Code of Conduct, which sets out rules to be observed by all employees in their corporate and personal conduct.Innovative HR structure Continues to sharpen profile as a talent enterprise and is proactive in efforts to increase attractiveness as an employer. Intensive contact with schools and universities, and also participates in the MINT initiative. Deutsche Telekom wants to have the right answers in response to the demographic and technological change taking place at our company and in society as a whole.Talent Agenda Deutsche Telekom has been the largest vocational training provider in Germany. Development and Leadership team for development of managers and individuals to give adequate training to ensure the promotion of self-fulfilment while also meeting the future business needs.Performance linked Paying out bonuses or having any kind of variable compensationBonuses plan can be both an incentive and disillusionment, based on how it is administered and communicated. Bonus must be designed in such a way that people understand that there is no payout unless the company hits a certain level of profitability. Additional criteria could be the team’s success and the individual’s performance. Never pay out bonus without measuring performance, unless it is a statutory obligation.Knowledge Sharing Adopt a systematic approach to ensure that knowledge management supports strategy. Store knowledge in databases to provide greater access to information posted either by the company or the employees on the knowledge portals of the company. When an employee returns after attending any competencies or skills development program, sharing essential knowledge with others could be made mandatory. Innovative ideas (implemented at the work place) are good to be posted on these knowledge sharing platforms. However, what to store & how to maintain a Knowledge base requires deep thinking to avoid clutter
55. Japan Tobacco InternationalFounder - Minato, Industry - Tobacco, Year of Headquarter -Tokyo, Japan Establishment - Pharmaceuticals, Tokyo, Japan April 1, 1985 Food Qualification of Fortune ranking - Products - Cigarette Current CEO - founder - NA 426 brands Hiroshi Kimura Assets Value – ¥2,879.3 billionWebsite - http://www.jti.com/Description - JTI - Japan Tobacco International is the international tobacco business of JapanTobacco Inc., a leading international tobacco product manufacturer, with a global market share ofalmost 10%. Our company was formed in 1999 when Japan Tobacco Inc. purchased, for USD 7.8billion, the international tobacco operations of the US multinational R.J.Reynolds.
56. HR Practices DescriptionCompensation & Benefits Compensation and Benefits (C&B) is part of JTI’s overall HR strategy, which aims at creating tangible business results through adequate succession planning and career management. C&B solutions are integral to attracting and retaining the right people at JTI. We need high quality people who can successfully drive today’s business while building the future and cope with the everyday challenges of their industry.Training & Development JTI recognizes more than ever that success and competitive advantage depend on the quality of our people. People set strategy, make critical decisions, create business opportunities, manage and drive change. Aligning Training & Development to our corporate goals ensures JTI employees will always be the highest calibre.Multicultural Inspiration JTI is a true multinational company, without having one culture or one nationality taking precedence over anotherHighlight performer Create profiles of top performers and make these visible though company intranet, display boards etc. It will encourage others to put in their best, thereby creating a competitive environment within the company. If a systems approach is followed to shortlist high performers, you can surely avoid disgruntlementSafe, Healthy and Happy Creating a safe, healthy and happy workplace will ensure that yourWorkplac employees feel homely and stay with your organization for a very long time. Capture their pulse through employee surveys
57. MOTOROLAFounder - NA Year of Establishment Industry - Headquarter - - September 25, 1928 Telecommunications Illinois, United States Fortune ranking - Products - Tablet PCs, Current CEO - Qualification of founder - NA 427 Mobile phones Greg Brown Smartphones, Two- way radios, Networking systems, Cable television systems, Wireless Broadband Networks RFID Systems, Mobile Telephone Infrastructure Assets Value – $25.603 billionWebsite - http://www.motorolasolutions.com/IN-N/Home?WT.tsrc=GeoredirectsDescription - Motorola, Inc. was an American multinational telecommunications company based inSchaumburg, Illinois, which was eventually divided into two independent public companies,Motorola Mobility and Motorola Solutions on January 4, 2011, after losing $4.3 billion from 2007to 2009.Motorola Solutions is generally considered to be the direct successor to Motorola, Inc., asthe reorganization was structured with Motorola Mobility being spun off.
58. HR Practices DescriptionOpen Book Sharing information such as contract and financial information withManagement Style employees so that they understand the decisions that are made and the ramifications of those decisions. People understand where the money comes from and goes to.Bonuses Paying our bonuses or having any kind of variable compensation plan can be either an incentive or a distraction, depending on how it is administered and communicated. Bonuses must be designed in such a way that people understand that there is no payout unless the company hits a certain level of profitability. Then, additional criteria can be the team’s success and the individual’s success.Hiring Temporary Due to the nature of their business and the long production cycle whichWorkers requires head count flexibility, the hiring of temporary workers is seen as the most creative, cost effective method to increase efficiencies around the ebb and flow of the production cycle.Culture International organizations use consistent HR practices to help develop a common corporate cultureSelection Selection practices vary greatly across locations in international organizations.
59. Cement Roadstone HoldingsFounder - Irish Industry - Headquarter - Year ofCement Limited Establishment - Construction Dublin, Ireland(1936), Roadstone 1970Limited (1949) &merger (1970) Qualification of Fortune ranking - Products - Various Current CEO - founder - NA 428 building materials M. Lee Assets Value – € 1.262 billionWebsite - http://www.crh.com/about-crh.aspxDescription - CRH plc. is an Irish building material group, formerly called Cement-RoadstoneHoldings plc. It is quoted on the Official Lists of the Irish Stock Exchange and London StockExchange. CRH’s strategic vision is clear and consistent - be a responsible international leader inbuilding materials delivering superior performance and growth.
60. HR Practices DescriptionMandatory meetings with Make regularly scheduled, mandatory meeting times withproducers and producers and other department managers to discuss individualsdepartment managers and their performance, training needs, succession planning possibilities, etc.Corporate identity and CRH has a strong corporate identity and culture. Theculture characteristics underlying this culture are a Federal Group organized for growth, a tried and tested development strategy, a focus on measured performance and growth, an experienced management team, a remuneration policy that rewards performance A responsible corporate citizen, a balanced BusinessRecruiting It is a well-known pet peeve of HR managers that hiring managers try to begin the hiring process for a candidate with only a vague idea of what exactly they are looking for. Even when job descriptions are available for them to refer to, they must be reminded to use the job description as a reference tool. Otherwise they are wasting everybody’s time – HR, the candidates’ and their own. Hiring managers must review what it is that they’re looking for. Each year, requirements and criteria change. Post all jobs on company web site so that everyone knows about it and can apply or refer the vacancy to somebody else that might be qualified. Once you have a candidate, conduct behavioural and technical tests first, then do a telephone screening, then bring them in for a face-to-face interview.Rewards To encourage maximum output and all stages company provides rewards to all its employees. This would help company to achieve its goals successfully on time with accuracy.
61. Ricoh Company, Ltd.Founder - Tokyo, Industry - Electronics, Headquarter - Year ofJapan (February 6, Establishment - Imaging Tokyo, Japan1936) 1907 Current CEO - Shiro Qualification of Fortune ranking - Products - Imaging Kondo (President and founder - NA 429 solutions, Network CEO) system solutions, Industrial products Assets Value – US$ 21.5 BillionWebsite - http://www.ricoh.com/Description - Ricoh produces electronic products, primarily cameras and office equipment such asprinters, photocopiers, fax machines, and offers Software as a Service (SaaS) documentmanagement solutions such as Document Mall. In the late 1990s through early 2000s, the companygrew to become the largest copier manufacturer in the world. During this time, Ricoh acquiredSavin, Gestetner, Lanier, Rex-Rotary, Monroe, Nashuatec, and most recently IKON. Although theMonroe brand was discontinued, products continue to be marketed worldwide under the remainingbrand names. In 2006, Ricoh acquired the European operations of Danka for $210 million. Theseoperations continue as a standalone business unit, under the InfoTech brand.
62. HR Practices DescriptionBasic Policies and System The cornerstone of RICOH policy on recruitment and promotion is to not discriminate on the basis of race, gender or disability, or in any other way. All forms of discrimination are strictly prohibited.Promoting Employment for In April 2002, ROCOH established a special-purpose subsidiary,Physically and Mentally RICOH Hikari Corp., to provide employment opportunities toChallenged in Japan mentally challenged individuals who desire to enter the workforce.Employee - Occupational RICOH Global Policy on Occupational Health & Safety, adopted inHealth & Safety 1998, designates occupational health & safety (OH&S) as anManagement integral part of all RICOH business operations. This policy obliges RICOH global sites to implement OH&S activities over and above those required by law, and stipulates that OH&S activities be carried out in accordance with the Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle.Work Organizations must be prepared to address and overcome local resistance to change.Keeping it legal Put together a list of organizations you can turn to for legal advice in the ever changing world of HR. References should at least include membership in a national human resource organization (like Society for Resource Management and the Human Resource Planning Society), and links to your national, state or provincial government.Bonuses Profit sharing, stock options, other non-financial-based incentives, a great Communication plan for when you do have a bonus plan. If not communicated well, the success of one team and therefore larger payout can be perceived as not fair. People can feel that they are not in control of the external factors that may impact the bonus in a given year (e.g. the economy).
63. China Railway Materials Corporation Founder – China Year of Establishment Industry – Headquarter – Railway - March, 1950 Infrastructure Beijing, China Engineering Group Qualification of Fortune ranking - 430 Products – Rails, Current CEO – founder - NA Locomotive and Li Wenke rolling stock spare parts, Machinery, Electronic Equipment, Steels, Coals and Logistics Assets Value – US$ 19.1 billionWebsite - www.crec.cnDescription - China Railway Group Limited is the largest integrated railway constructioncontractor in China. Railway construction is the core business of CREC. Since the 1950s, we havebeen participated in the construction of all major railway lines in China, including Qinghai-TibetRailway (the highest railway line in the world), Datong-Qinhuangdao Railway (the longest heavy-haul railway in China), Chengdu-Kunming Railway (one of the most geologically challengingrailway construction projects) and Beijing–Kowloon Railway (the longest south-to-north trunkrailway line in China, connecting Beijing to Hong Kong).
64. HR Practices Description Positioning A large-sized group dedicated in trading and logistics, serving both the railways and the whole society. Strategic Positioning With railway materials, energy, and metals as core business fields, CRM will build a platform of information and financial practices to serve both railway market and the whole society. By incorporating trading and logistics, CRM will expand its chain upstream and downstream to form an international business profile.Long-term Plan In 10 to 15 years, CRM will establish an integral supply chain in fields of railway materials, energy, and metals to become a leading enterprise, which is indispensable for the development of the domestic economy. By 2009, CRM aims at nudging into the first 50 places of Chinese Top 500 enterprises, and by 2020 the first 40 places.Major Businesses Supply railway materials, necessary services, and Manufacture relevant products; Trade goods and materials, such as steels, oil products, coals, and so on; Multiple-purpose logistics services. Development To the background of the continuously rising economy and the great-leap-forward development of China’s railways, CRM will promote its restructuring process and explore both domestic and foreign markets grounding on cementing railway market.
65. China National Aviation Fuel GroupFounder – NA Industry - Oil and Headquarter - Year of Establishment Gas Beijing, China October 11, 2002 Qualification of Fortune ranking – Products – Aviation Current CEO – founder - NA 431 Fuel, land based oil, Sun Li logistics and overseas business. Assets Value – US$ 4,567.8 millionWebsite -www.cnaf.com Description - Founded in 2002, China National Aviation Fuel Group Corporation (CNAF) is a large state-owned air transportation logistics service provider. It was established through the restructuring of its predecessor, China Aviation Oil Supply Corporation, with a registered capital of 3.7 billion yuan.CNAF is the largest integrated jet fuel supplier in China, providing jet fuel procurement,transportation, storage, inspection, sales and refueling services. It is headquartered in Beijing and isa pilot state-holding enterprise approved by SASAC to carry out state-authorized investments.CNAF holds investments in 19 companies inside and outside China, of which 10 are wholly-ownedsubsidiaries.
66. HR Practices Description360 Degree Performance This system, which solicits feedback from seniors (including theManagement Feedback boss), peers and subordinates, has been increasingly embraced asSystem the best of all available methods for collecting performance feedback. Gone are the days of working hard to impress only one person, now the opinions of all matter, especially if you are in A leadership role (at any level). Every person in the team is responsible for giving relevant, positive and constructive feedback. Such systems also help in identifying leaders for higher level positions in the organization. Senior managers could use this feedback for self-development.Performance linked Paying out bonuses or having any kind of variable compensationBonuses plan can be both an incentive and disillusionment, based on how it is administered and communicated. Bonus must be designed in such a way that people understand that there is no payout unless the company hits a certain level of profitability. Additional criteria could be the team’s success and the individual’s performance. Never pay out bonus without measuring performance, unless it is a statutory obligationHighlight performer Create profiles of top performers and make these visible though company intranet, display boards etc. It will encourage others to put in their best, thereby creating a competitive environment within the company. If a systems approach is followed to shortlist high performers, you can surely avoid disgruntlements
67. Compass GroupFounder - Jack Industry - Catering Headquarter - Year ofBateman Establishment – and Support Services Chertsey, United 1941 Kingdom Fortune ranking – Products -Foodservice, Current CEO - Qualification of founder – NA 432 Support services, Richard Cousins Business & Industry, Healthcare & Seniors, Education, Sports & Leisure, Defense, Offshore & Remote, International clients Assets Value – US$ 13,008.3 millionWebsite - www.compass-group.comDescription - Compass Group plc (LSE: CPG) is a global contract foodservice and supportservices company headquartered near London, United Kingdom. It is the largest contractfoodservice company in the world and has operations in over 50 countries. It serves around 4 billionmeals a year in locations including offices and factories, schools, universities, hospitals, majorsports and cultural venues, mining camps and offshore oil platforms. It is listed on the LondonStock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
68. HR Practices DescriptionManagement Management and Performance, is the Group-wide framework weand Performance use for managing our business. MAP focuses on the key drivers of our performance: Client Sales & Marketing. Growing our markets and our new and existing client relationships. Consumer Sales & Marketing. Earning ongoing consumer loyalty to grow volume, participation and spend. Cost of Food. The optimal quality and range for our customers delivered at the lowest cost with the most efficient in-unit production. Unit Costs. Delivering the right service in the most efficient and cost-effective way. Above Unit Costs. Creating the simplest organizational model with the fewest layers and reduced bureaucracy.
69. DanoneFounder - Isaac Industry - Food Headquarter - Year ofCarasso Establishment – processing Paris, France 1919 Qualification of Fortune ranking – Products - Dairy Current CEO - founder – NA 433 products, Bottled Frank Riboud water, Baby nutrition, Medical nutrition. Assets Value – €28.10 billionWebsite - www.danone.comDescription: Groupe Danone is a French food-products multinational corporation based in the 9tharrondissement of Paris. It claims world leadership in fresh dairy products, marketed under thecorporate name, and also in bottled water. In 2007 it swapped its world number 2 positions asproducer of cereals and biscuits for the same position in baby foods, having sold the biscuitsdivision to Kraft Foods and acquired Numico. In the United States, the Danone brand is marketed asDannon, a subsidiary of Groupe Danone (under the name The Dannon Company). Danone ownsmany water brands worldwide. In Asia, it has acquired Yili, Aqua (Indonesia) and Robust (92%)and has a 51% holding in Chinas Wahaha Joint Venture Company, giving it a total market share of20% and making it the leading vendor of packaged water in Asia.
70. HR Practices DescriptionProximity As Danone was convinced that new leadership attitudes were required for themanagement group’s transformation, and in particular the sustainability of its business growth in an increasingly unpredictable world, it launched a multi-annual program in 2009 based on common values and attitudes that will empower and strengthen proximity management. This will enable each and every employee to grow in their role within the company and as a person. The Danone Leadership College initially aims to promote the leadership skills and the empowerment of 15,000 team leaders, enabling them in turn to lay the same foundations in their teams. These managerial attitudes known under the acronym CODE* are essential for anyone wishing to join the company; they are proof positive of our wish to recruit employees in order to build careers rather than merely fill positions. The strength of Danone’s HR policy lies in the coherence of these various initiatives over time, but their real significance is captured by the motivationEmployees at the of our managers and the loyalty of our employees, whose commitment rate-heart of according to the in-house 2009 People Survey, conducted for the first timeperformance amongst the entire workforce-is over 85%, making it superior to the average for large companies in the same sector (78%). This commitment is proof positive of our employees’ buy-in and personal investment in the company. Human Resources at Danone are not about only the personal development of our employees but also improving their performance. One way of leveragingImproved performance is through sharing best practices, an initiative supported sinceeffectiveness, 2009 by the deployment of ‘Dan 2.0’ making new technologies available tostronger growth promote the culture of networking, thereby fostering speed, flexibility and crosscutting cooperation. Besides enhancing Danone’s attractiveness as an employer, these tools (blogs, chat video, wiki) aim to speed up and encourage decision-making and to promote innovation and a sharing of working methods that has been part of the Danone culture for a decade.
71. Nippon Yusen Kabushiki Kaisha (NYK LINE)Founder - Tosa Clan Year of Establishment Headquarter - Industry - Shipping – 1870 Chiyoda, Tokyo Fortune ranking – Products – Bulk Current CEO – Qualification of founder – NA 434 Shipping, Cruise, Hiroshi Hattori Tanker, Liner, Air Cargo, Air Freight, Logistics and Real Estate. Assets Value – US$ 25,667.5 millionWebsite - www.nyk.comDescription - Japan-based Nippon Yusen Kabushiki Kaisha (TYO: 9101) (Japan Mail ShippingLine) or NYK Line, is one of the largest shipping companies in the world. It is a core Mitsubishicompany. It is the largest marine transporter in Japan. The company has its headquarters inChiyoda, Tokyo. The company has 615 vessels in its arsenal and provides liner service, tramps,specialized carriers, and tankers. Through nearly 500 subsidiaries, NYK also offers services relatedto terminal and harbor transport, cruise lines and travel, logistics services, tugboat operations, andair transport. Shipping accounts for just over 60 percent of company revenues while logistics bringsin 20 percent. NYKs terminal and harbor transport, shipping-related services, cruise, and real estateoperations are responsible for the remaining portion of revenues.
72. HR Practices Description The NYK Group aims to balance the container businesss growth andMinimizing the impact stability by decreasing the large procurements required for maintainingof market volatility a fixed vessel fleet over a long term, and instead utilizing short-term chartered vessels and increasing cargo forwarding. Maximizing use of the NYK Groups long-held services - includingStrengthen sales warehousing, distribution, and customs clearance - will allow thecapabilities company to differentiate itself from other shipping companies and better respond to customers needs. Hub & Spoke: The NYK Group has developed automobile terminalsUtilize auto logistics and feeder networks ahead of other shipping companies. By utilizingcapabilities NYKs assets, customers can enjoy shorter transit times, higher transportation frequencies, and lower inventory. And with fuel costs rising, efficient operations are achieved through hub-and-spoke operations that enhancement cost competitiveness. Full-service transportation capabilities: While positioning shipping at the core of the transportation of automobiles, the NYK Group has focused on providing comprehensive services that include land transportation of automobiles and PDI. The NYK Group intends to make use of these extremely capableEmploy technological seafarers as the group rolls out energy transportation services that arecapabilities more technologically advanced. To carve out a share of the surge in transportation from resource-richLeverage global countries to emerging markets, we are strengthening our organizationnetwork to enable sales initiatives that are more deeply rooted in local regions. We will accelerate initiatives that give local bases autonomy to conduct everything from sales to fleet development and financing.
73. SinomachFounder - NA Industry - Headquarter - Year of Establishment – manufacturing Beijing, China January,1997 conglomerate Qualification of Fortune ranking – Products - Current CEO - founder – NA 435 machinery, Ren Hongbin automobiles, tractors. Assets Value – US $ 19,933.4 millionWebsite - www.sinomach.com.cnDescription - With approval of the State Council, China National Machinery Industry Corporation(SINOMACH) was established in January 1997.SINOMACH is a large scale, state-ownedenterprise group under the supervision of the State Assets Supervision and AdministrationCommission. SINOMACH has the most diversified business coverage, a complete business chain,and the strongest R&D capabilities in China’s machinery industry. Under its portfolio, there are 50wholly owned and holding subsidiaries, including 6 listed companies and more than 70 overseasoffices and branches. There are close to 80,000 employees working for SINOMACH around theworld. Main businesses of SINOMACH focus on R&D and manufacture of machinery andequipment, project contracting, trade and services. Its service covers a wide range of key nationaleconomic sectors including industry, agriculture, communication and transportation, energy,building, light industries, automobile, ship-building, mining, metallurgy and aerospace industries.SINOMACH has provided professional services for over 140 countries and regions around theworld.
74. HR Practices DescriptionCulture of Harmony The Chinese culture of more 5000 years is long standing and well established. The word of “harmony” has been dominating the history of the Chinese nation generations after generations. Right starting from the core values of Confucianism, Taoism and Buddhism and up to the principle of “peaceful rise of China” in the 21 century, the extensive spirit of “harmony” has never failed to provide the guidance for great thinkers and scholars of the past and younger generations of today.Work Together and Win Work together: Internally, attentions should be paid to theTogether overall situation, work together and bring the overall strength into full play and externally, the sound credibility has to be established, honestly abide by laws and cooperate in absolute sincerity, thus guiding converging forces, enhancing cohesive forces and uplifting the competitiveness. Win together: persevere in scientific and sustainable developments. By means of scientific management, innovative ideas and advanced technologies, first class products and services have to be created so as to achieve the common development for the enterprise, employees, customers and the society.The Enterprise Visions Assuming the special missions and responsibilities of the enterprise in the development of the machinery industry in China and committing to innovations, great efforts will be made to uplift the technological level of the industry so as to satisfy major demands of the modern industrial sectors on the machinery and equipment manufacturing industry and build platforms for exchanges and cooperation between China and foreign countries. Through persevering efforts, the leading position in the machinery industry will be established and consolidated so as to make contributions for the progress and prosperity of the society.
75. Hartford Financial ServicesFounder – NA Industry - Financial Headquarter - Year of Services, Insurance & Establishment – Hartford, 1810 Investments Connecticut, U.S Fortune ranking – Products – Life Current CEO - Liam Qualification of founder - NA 436 insurance, employee E. McGee benefits, business insurance, automobile insurance, annuities, mutual funds, individual retirement accounts and college savings plans. Assets Value US $ 318,346 millionWebsite – thehartford.comDescription - The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc. (NYSE: HIG) is one of the largestinsurance and investment companies based in the United States, with offices in the United States,Japan, the United Kingdom, Canada, Brazil and Ireland. The Hartford Group is a leading providerof life insurance, group and employee benefits, automobile and homeowners insurance andbusiness insurance - as well as investment products, annuities, mutual funds, and college savingsplans. The Hartford Group serves millions of customers worldwide - including individuals,institutions, and businesses - through independent agents and brokers, financial institutions, andonline.
76. HR Practices DescriptionCustomer Focus We listen to our customers and deliver innovative solutions and extraordinary service. We prize our partnerships and relationships.Diversity & Inclusion We attract, reward and retain the best talent, and we show respect for all individuals and their ideas and experiences.Financial Discipline We create superior shareholder value through profitable growth and responsible risk management.Integrity We strive to do the right thing by holding ourselves to the highest standards of ethical conduct.Teamwork We work together as high performing teams to achieve functional excellence and superior business results.Winning Spirit We are action-oriented and take ownership in the success of our company.Philanthropy and We take pride in our world-wide communities and our employees.Volunteerism See how our dedication helps to change the lives of others.
77. NationalGrid Founder - NA Year of Establishment Industry – Utilities Headquarter – 1990 London, United Kingdom Qualification of Fortune ranking - 437 Products - Current CEO – Steve founder - NA Electricity and Gas Holiday Transmission and Gas Distribution Assets Value – £1,389 millionWebsite – www.nationalgrid.comDescription - National Grid plc is a multinational electricity and gas utility companyheadquartered in London, United Kingdom. Its principal activities are in the United Kingdom andnortheastern United States and it is one of the largest investor-owned energy companies in theworld. National Grid is listed on the LONDON STOCK EXCHANGE and is a constituent of theFTSE 100 index. It has a secondary listing on the New York Stock Exchange.
78. HR Practices Description Objective National Grid plc’s policies stem from and complement its Framework for Responsible Business and its Operational Philosophy as a group of businesses. Our primary purpose is to: • attract, motivate and retain the people best suited to the needs of National Grid and its businesses; and • develop highly competent individuals in relation to these needs, and embed a strong performance ethic throughout the Group. While individual Group businesses must remain competitive within their different business environments, and this will need to be reflected in the detailed application of the Group’s Human Resources policies, the overall framework of policies and standards must be coherent, Group-wide in scope, aligned with our business priorities and core values. Policy Framework National Grid is committed to: • inclusion and diversity and avoiding any discrimination on the grounds of race, gender, nationality, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or background; • promoting a work environment free from any harassment, intimidation or bullying; • developing reward and recognition schemes that will allow National Grid businesses to recruit, retain and properly incentivize in a way that reflects the market in which they operate; • Relevant consultation with employees and their representatives in the Country of origin.Monitoring and Compliance The Group Director of Human Resources will review compliance with this policy statement on an annual basis. Any changes needed to ensure its effectiveness will be drawn to the Board’s attention. Each business within National Grid must ensure that it has the necessary arrangements in place to monitor and report compliance against this policy on an ongoing basis. Each Associate Company will be encouraged to put in place similar arrangements to enable compliance to be reported on an annual basis. The Group Executive will be provided with assurance on an annual basis on performance in the key areas covered in this policy statement. Safe, Healthy and Happy Creating a safe, healthy and happy workplace will ensure that your Workplace- employees feel homely and stay with your organization for a very long time. Capture their pulse through employee surveys.
79. AMR Founder - NA Year of Industry - Headquarter –Fort Establishment - Transportation Worth, Texas, 1982 United States Qualification of Fortune ranking - Products – Airline Current CEO – founder - NA 438 Services Gerard J. Armey Assets Value –US$ 25.088 billionWebsite – www.aa.comDescription-AMR Corporation is a commercial aviation business and airline holding companybased as part of American airlines reorganization, its name derives from American Airline’s tickersymbol on the New York stock exchange. AMR Corporation is one of the very few larger passengerand legacy carrier airline businesses, which have not become insolvent or had to file forreorganization bankruptcy during its corporate history, indicative of its success as an airline basedcorporate and business entity.
80. HR Practices DescriptionSafe, Healthy and Creating a safe, healthy and happy workplace will ensure that yourHappy Workplace employees feel homely and stay with your organization for a very long time. Capture their pulse through surveys. Merely recognizing talent does not work, you need to couple it with ceremonies where recognition is broadcast. Looking at the Dollar Check is often less significant than listening to the thunderous applause by colleagues in a public forum.Open Book Management Sharing information about contracts, sales, new clients,Style management objectives, company policies, employee personal data etc. ensures that the employees are as enthusiastic about the business as the management. Through this open book process you can gradually create a culture of participative management and ignite the creative endeavour of your work force... It involves making people an interested party to your strategic decisions, thus aligning them to your business objectives. Be as open as you can. It helps in building trust & motivates employees. Employee self service portal, Manager on-line etc. are the tools available today to the management to practice this style.Knowledge Sharing AMR Stores knowledge in databases to provide greater access to information posted either by the company or the employees on the knowledge portals of the company. When an employee returns after attending any competencies or skills development program, sharing essential knowledge with others could be made mandatory. Innovative ideas are good to be posted on these knowledge sharing platforms. However, what to store & how to maintain a Knowledge base requires deep thinking to avoid clutter.
81. TUIFounder - NA Industry – Travel, Headquarter – Year of Establishment -2002 Tourism Hanover, Germany Qualification of Fortune ranking - Products - Charter Current CEO – founder - NA 439 and scheduled Michael Frenzel passenger airlines, package holidays, cruise lines, hotels and resorts Assets Value – €113.6 millionWebsite – www.tui-group.comDescription – TUI AG (Touristik Union International) is a German multinational travel andtourism company headquartered in Hanover. Until 2001 it was an industrial and transportationcompany named Preussag AG, which in the mid-1990s decided to reinvent itself as a tourism,shipping, and logistics company. It sold off many of its industrial concerns and purchased severalmajor travel and transportation firms.
82. HR Practices DescriptionRecognizing Potential and Further training and personnel development are key buildingSeizing opportunities blocks on the road to success for a company operating in a strongly competitive environment. That makes it all the more important to identify and promote individual potential. Skills and motivation are key, but so is the personality and bearing of every employee and manager.Health and Family In the World of TUI the focus is on people. This applies both to our customers and to our employees. That is why we constantly seek to improve their well-being at the workplace, offering health programmers and schemes to ensure the right work-life balance.Health Management with in TUI has continuously built up its health management system whileTUI organization permanently incorporating its staff. For a number of years TUI has had a Health and Diversity Management unit that reports directly to the executive board.
83. LG DisplayLG DisplayFounder - NA Industry –LCD Headquarter – Year of Establishment -1999 Panel maker Seoul, South Korea Qualification of Fortune ranking – Products – LCD Current CEO – founder – NA 440 Modules Mr. Young Soo Kwon Assets Value – US$ 1.0 billionWebsite – www.lgdisplay.comDescription - LG Display is the worlds largest LCD panel maker, ahead of Samsung electronics ina slender lead. Currently, the two South Korean companies together exceed 50% of the global LCDpanel market.
84. HR Practices DescriptionCreativity and autonomy An individuals creativity is the basis for value creation. LG Electronics respects diversity and autonomy, allowing each of its employees to exercise their creativity to the full.Emphasis on competence Competence is the basis for performance. LG Electronics sees competence as the most important factor in its personnel decisions.Performance based regards Rewards based on performance are essential for human motivation. LG Electronics evaluates performance results fairly and rewards them accordingly.
85. TELSTRA Founder -NA Year of Industry - Headquarter – Establishment -12 Telecommunication Melbourne, June 1975 Australia Fortune ranking - Products – Voice, Current CEO – Qualification of founder - NA 441 Mobile, Internet, David Thodey Pay TV Assets Value – A$3,940 millionWebsite –www.telstra.com.auDescription - Telstra Corporation Limited is an Australian telecommunication and media company,building telecommunications networks and marketing voice, mobile, internet access and paytelevision.
86. HR Practices DescriptionBribes, Pay-Offs and You must be honest in all your dealings with others. You must notKick-Backs make or accept bribes, pay-offs or kick-backs. Bribes, pay-offs and kick-backs occur when a person offers, makes, authorises, requests or accepts payment of money or anything of value, either directly or indirectly, to: • influence the judgement or conduct of a customer, supplier or competitor • ensure a desired outcome from a customer, supplier or competitor • influence a decision of, or gain a benefit from, any government official, government agency, political party or candidate for political office • gain an improper advantageConfidential Information Confidential information is a valuable business asset and includes opinions, knowledge and facts about Telstra, its employees, its business and its customers that have not been disclosed to the public. It also includes information derived from the performance of your work with Telstra. You should treat all Telstra information, including information contained in Telstra documents, files, records, emails or on the intranet, as confidential unless it has been expressly approved for public release. If you have access to confidential information, you are responsible for ensuring that it is used only for authorised purposes and is protected from theft, unauthorised disclosure or inappropriate use.Conflicts of Interest and We all have interests and activities outside our work with Telstra.Outside Activities However, when this results in divided loyalties – that is, when personal interests or activities influence, or could appear to influence, Someone’s ability to act in the best interests of Telstra – a conflict of interest exists. You must avoid actual and apparent conflicts of interest. Examples of situations where a conflict of interest could arise are: • employment outside of Telstra • serving as a director of another business • holding interests or investments in, or having a personal or professional relationship with, a competitor, customer or supplier with whom you deal • giving or receiving gifts, prizes and hospitality.
87. The TJX Companies, Inc.Founder - Industry - Retail Headquarter – Year of Bernard Establishment - Framingham,Massachusetts Cammarata 1956 Qualification of Fortune ranking Products – Current CEO - Carol M. founder -NA - 442 Clothing, Meyrowitz footwear, bedding ,furniture, jewelry,Beauty products , and housewares. Assets Value – US$ 21.9 billion(2010)Website – www.tjx.comDescription -The TJX Companies, Incorporated, is the largest international apparel and homefashions off-price department store chain in the US. Based in Framingham, Massachusetts, thecompany originally evolved from the Zaire discount department store chain, founded in 1956,which opened its first branch of T.J. Maxx in 1976 and its first BJs Wholesale Club in 1984. In1988, Zaire sold their own nameplate to Ames, a rival discount department store chain ,and thecompany renamed itself to The TJX Companies, Incorporated.
88. HR Practices DescriptionVendor social compliance At The TJX Companies, we value our vendor relationships greatly as they have been a key factor in our long-term success and are built on the mutual agreement of upholding the high ethical standards embodied in TJX’s Vendor Code of Conduct and Vendor Social Compliance Program. The approach is open and honest - the goal, continuous improvement. In order for our vendors to understand our standards and expectations, TJX has created its Vendor Code of Conduct which requires each of our vendors, at a minimum, to act in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations when manufacturing products to be sold to TJX. With respect to certain issues, our Code prescribes higher standards of performance.Attention to governance The TJX Companies, Inc. has practiced excellence in corporate governance for more than three decades. TJX is committed to the highest standards of ethics, which are reflected in our Director Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, Code of Ethics for TJX Executives and Associate Code of Conduct. These policies are practiced daily and anchored by our core values of integrity, openness and treating others with dignity and fairness. We strongly believe that effective corporate governance must evolve and change with the needs of our stakeholders. Therefore, we listen carefully, re-evaluate our policies and practices periodically and aim to act in the best interests of our Associates, customers, shareholders, vendors and communities in which we operate.Environmental Initiatives While the "E" in V.A.L.U.E. stands for "Environmental Initiatives," it could also stand for "everyone" as we strongly believe each and every one of us has a role to play in protecting the environment and conserving natural resources. The TJX Companies has long been committed to pursuing initiatives that are smart for our business and good for the environment. One way in which we demonstrate our commitment is by reducing our energy and water use and waste generation.Leveraging differences At The TJX Companies, leveraging differences and diversity among people is integrated throughout our business. As a Company of Choice, we are committed to being a Retailer of Choice – leveraging the diversity among our customers and our vendor base, an Employer of Choice – leveraging differences to recruit and retain a talented and diverse workforce, and a Neighbor of Choice – leveraging diversity within the communities we serve. At TJX, we embrace global diversity and inclusion as seriously as any business imperative.
89. Emerson ElectricFounder - NA Industry - Headquarter – Year of Establishment - Conglomerates Ferguson,MO,USA 1890 Fortune ranking - Products -process Current CEO – Qualification of founder - NA 443 control systems David N. Farr climate technologies power technologies industrial automation electric motors storage systems network power professional tools Assets Value –$ 22.843 billion(2010)Website - www.Emerson.comDescription - Emerson Electric Company is a major multinational corporation headquartered inFerguson, Missouri, United States. This Fortune 500 Company manufactures products and providesengineering services for a wide range of industrial, commercial, and consumer markets .Emerson isone of the largest conglomerate companies in the USA. As of 2010, it has a workforce ofapproximately 127,700 employees worldwide, with a global presence spanning 150 countries.
90. HR Practices DescriptionEthical behavior Emerson demands the highest business and personal standards of ethics. Recognizing that Emersons reputation is priceless, we lack tolerance for any ethical compromise in our operations as well as in service to our customers, communities and other stakeholders. We formalize our requirements in the Emerson Business Ethics Program, a set of policies and practices honed over the past two decades that defines standards for every Emerson employee in his or her business practices. Emersons leaders continuously communicate the roles and responsibilities of employees on the full scope of ethics-related issues, including compliance with the laws, rules and regulations, and accepted practices of each country in which we do business; handling of proprietary data and information; financial reporting; securities trading; and reporting of ethical violations.Health and Safety Emerson’s emphasis on creating and sustaining healthy and safe work environments reflects our respect for our employees and others. High standards in these areas underpin a critical aspect of operating productively and, in turn, help us compete effectively. Beyond this, Emerson’s products and services enable our customers and their customers to provide healthy and safe environments.Environmental Environmental responsibility stands at the forefront of today’sStewardship global corporate agenda. Emerson addresses this responsibility in two primary ways: 1) through our commitment to provide products and services that improve energy efficiencies and reduce potential harm to the environment, and 2) through our efforts to operate our facilities in a manner that protects the environment, meets or exceeds government requirements, and continually reduces energy consumption and waste. Our global reach affords us a broad environmental perspective that balances advances in living standards and prosperity with potential impact on the planet and the well-being of future generations.
91. Founder - C Year of Establishment Industry - Media Headquarter - Bertelsmann - 1st July 1835 Gutersloh, Germany Verleg Qualification of Fortune ranking - 444 Products - Current CEO - founder Broadcasting Hartmut Ostrowski Publishing Music Media Services Assets Value - €15.353 billionWebsite - http://www.bertelsmann.com/Employees.htmlDescription - Bertelsmann AG is a multinational media corporation founded in 1835, baseGutersloh, Germany. The company operates in 63 countries and employs 102,983 workers (as ofDecember 31, 2009), which makes it the most international media corporation in the world. In 2009the company reported€15.354 billion revenue.
92. HR Practice - Motivated individuals who identify with the company and its core values are thedriving force behind the company’s quality, ability to innovate, and sustained growthEmployee Participation Freedom and responsibility strengthen employee motivation and identification with the company, ensuring that all employee can work together to guarantee the long-term success of the company.Work-life Balance Juggling family life and work is never easy, which is why Bertelsmann, together with the independent provider PME Familienservice, assists its employees with a wide range of offersSuccess through diversity Equal opportunity for all – no matter who you are. This right applies to all Bertelsmann locations worldwide and is firmly anchored in our core values. Respect for each individual employee demands that ethnic background, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation and disabilities are of no consequence in our company.Promoting Health More exercise, better nutrition and comprehensive, preventive health care: getting and staying fit is enormously important for each and every one of us. As a business, we also have a strong interest in having healthy and motivated employees. Demographic change is causing a decline in the number of young professionals on the labour market.Freelancers, Trainees and Interns Project-related freelance work – especially in the media sector – is becoming an interesting career prospect for more and more people. Bertelsmann operate s in businesses that are often subject to change at short notice. This requires a high degree of flexibility both from the company and its employees. In order to be able to produce quality content on a long-term basis in spite of this, our company employs freelancers in addition to the permanent staff
93. Founder - Year of Establishment Industry - Oil and Gas Headquarter - - 1921 Bogata,Colombia Qualification of Fortune ranking - 445 Products - Fuels, Current CEO - founder - Lubricants, Javier Gutiérrez Petrochemical, Pemberthy Biofuels Assets Value -$21.9 BillionWebsite - www.ecopetrol.comDescription - Ecopetrol formerly known as Empresa Colombiana de Petróleos S.A. (English:Colombian Petroleum Company) is the largest and primary petroleum company in Colombia.Because of its size, Ecopetrol is a Fortune Global 500 company ranked 445 it belongs to the groupof the 25 largest petroleum companies in the world, and it is one of the four principal petroleumcompanies in Latin America.
94. HR Practice -Safe, Healthy and Happy Workplace Creating a safe, healthy and happy workplace will ensure that your employees feel homely and stay with your organization for a very long time. Capture their pulse through employee surveys.Open Book Management Style Sharing information about contracts, sales, new clients, management objectives, company policies, employee personal data etc. ensures that the employees are as enthusiastic about the business as the management. Through this open book process you can gradually create a culture of participative management and ignite the creative endeavour of your work force. It involves making people an interested party to your strategic decisions, thus aligning them to your business objectives. Be as open as you can. It helps in building trust & motivates employees. Employee self-service portal, Manager on-line etc. are the tools available today to the management to practice this style.Knowledge Sharing Adopt a systematic approach to ensure that knowledge management supports strategy. Store knowledge in databases to provide greater access to information posted either by the company or the employees on the knowledge portals of the company.Highlight performers Create profiles of top performers and make these visible though company intranet, display boards etc. It will encourage others to put in their best, thereby creating a competitive environment within the company.Delight Employees with the The last but not least way is to occasionally delight yourUnexpected employees with unexpected things that may come in the form of a reward, a gift or a well-done certificate. Reward not only the top performers but also a few others who are in need of motivation to exhibit their potential.
95. Henan Coal & Chemical Founder - NA Year of Establishment Industry - Oil and Gas Headquarter - - 1921 Hanan, China Qualification of Fortune ranking - 446 Products - coal, Current CEO - founder - NA Lubricants, Chen Xiangen Petrochemical, Biofuels Assets Value -$221.9 BillionWebsite - http://www.hnccgc.com/Description - Henan Coal & Chemical is a Chinese company with asset worth $221.9 Billion andits headquartering placed in Hanan, China. Henan is a province of the Peoples Republic of China,located in the central part of the country. Henan Coal Chemical Industry Group Co. Ltd., one of thelargest state-owned enterprises in Henan province, has taken over Louche Hinge Industrial GroupCo. Ltd., and may be planning a backdoor listing.
96. HR PracticeDelight Employees with the The last but not least way is to occasionally delight yourUnexpected employees with unexpected things that may come in the form of a reward, a gift or a well-done certificate. Reward not only the top performers but also a few others who are in need of motivation to exhibit their potential.Fair Evaluation System for Employees Develop an evaluation system that clearly links individual performance to corporate business goals and priorities. Each employee should have well defined reporting relationships. Self-rating as a part of evaluation process empowers employees. Evaluation becomes fairer if it is based on the records of periodic counselling & achievements of the employee, tracked over the year. For higher objectivity, besides the immediate boss, each employee should be screened by the next higher level (often called a Reviewer). Cross - functional feedback, if obtained by the immediate boss from another manager (for whom this employee’s work is also important), will add to the fairness of the system. Relative ratings of all subordinates reporting to the same manager are another tool for fairness of evaluation. Normalization of evaluation is yet another dimension of improving fairness Ideas rule the world. Great organizations recognize,Open house discussions and feedback nurture and execute great ideas. Employees are the biggestmechanism source of ideas. The only thing that can stop great ideas flooding your organization is the lack of an appropriate mechanism to capture ideas. Open house discussions, employee-management meets, suggestion boxes and ideas capture tools such as Critical Incidents diaries are the building blocks that can help the Managers to identify & develop talent.
97. Founder - Year of Establishment - Industry - Steel Headquarter - Kobe, 1st September 1905 JapanQualification of Fortune ranking - 447 Products- machinery Current CEO -founder - and engineering, Yasuo Inubushi industrial and construction machineryAssets Value - 233.3billion yenWebsite – http://www.kobelco.co.jp/Description -The Kobe Steel Group operates in a wide range of fields that provide the veryfoundation of society, including both the materials sector (iron and steel, welding, aluminium andcopper) and the machinery sector (industrial machinery, construction machinery, engineering, andthe environmental business). We also engage in diverse operations such as electric power supply,real estate and electronic materials.
98. HR Practice - To maintain an appealing workplace, Kobe Steel activelySupporting a Balance between Work creates a work environment that supports both the jobs andand Personal Life the personal lives of employees. As we have been recruiting considerably more femaleEliminating Gender Bias employees in recent years, we are committed to creating an environment in which women can fully exercise their abilities. As part of our efforts to achieve this, we have introduced a mentoring system for female employees in career-track positions.Respect for Human Rights To maintain a working environment where human rights are respected and that is free of any sort of discrimination, the Kobe Steel Group runs educational programs on human rights, such as human rights awareness training for different management levels. We are also giving training to recruitment staff on unprejudiced recruiting.Preventing Harassment Prevent Our Guidelines for Business Conduct, part of our Corporate Code of Ethics, clearly state that we will not tolerate sexual harassment, power harassment, or any other form of harassment or bullying. We have in place a framework designed to prevent harassment and quickly resolve any issues that may arise, including operating a harassment consultation service, and compiling and publicizing our Sexual Harassment Prevention Manual.Health Management To create a working environment that promotes employee health, we are enhancing our management system in both the mental and physical realms, with an even greater emphasis on prevention. At Kobe Steel, we operate a reemployment scheme forEmploying Older People experienced older workers. By continuing to benefit from the skills and abilities possessed by veteran employees who have reached retirement age, this enables us to facilitate the transfer of skills to younger workers and to maintain and improve vitality in the workplace.
99. Founder - Gerald adriaan Year of Establishment - Industry - Beverages Headquarter -Heineken 1864 Amsterdam NetherlandsQualification of founder - Fortune ranking - 448 Products - Beers and Current CEO Lagers - Jean- François van BoxmeerAssets Value – €26.55 billionWebsite – http://www.heinekeninternational.comDescription - Heineken International is a Dutch Brewing Company. As of 2007, Heineken ownsover 125 breweries in more than 70 countries. Heineken organises the company into five territorieswhich are then divided into regional operations. The regions are: Western Europe, Central andEastern Europe, The Americas, Africa and the Middle East, and Asia Pacific. These territoriescontain 115 brewing plants in more than 65 countries.
100. HR Practice -Child labour Our recruitment policy doesnt permit engagement of child labour directly or indirectly. Regular audits ensure compliance at our own sites and at third party locations/sites.Forced or compulsory labour The Employee Relations Policy and business principles adopted by the company prohibit such practices and this is upheld in letter and spirit.Diversity We are committed to maintaining diversity in our working environment. We aggressively pursue the target of increasing the proportion of women in management cadres. We have a number of gender-friendly policies such as Maternity Benefit, Career Break, Flexi-working, and Agile Working from remote location, Sabbaticals, Part-time work and Career Breaks.Facilities for full-time employees Benefits are provided to full-time employees, such as basic access to above-minimum wages, subsidized canteen facility, safety training and equipment, safe infrastructure and washroom facilities, irrespective of contractual status. Certain benefits extended as a result of collective bargaining agreements are available only to those groups of workmen covered by the agreements.Employee engagement We maintain good communication channels with employees through company based information and consultation procedures. We have several processes instituted to ensure a two-way communication channel. In 2009, we began an employee engagement programme to ensure that employees are involved Heinekens vision and plans for the future.
101. Founder - Year of Establishment - Industry - Document Headquarter- 1906 Services ,Digital Norwalk, Connecticut, Imaging U.S.Qualification of Fortune ranking - 449 Products - Printers Current CEO -founder - Copiers Scanners Faxes Ursula Burns Projectors DisplaysAssets Value – $50.66 BillionWebsite – http://www.xerox.comDescription -Xerox is a global brand it maintains a joint venture, Fuji Xerox, with Japanesephotographic firm Fuji Photo Film Co. to develop, produce and sell in the Asia Pacific region.Manufactures and sells a range of colour and black-and-white printer, multifunction systems, photocopiers, digital production printing presses, and related consulting services and supplies. Xeroxannounced the intended acquisition of Affiliated Computer Services for $6.4 billion. The dealclosed on February 8, 2010HR Practice -Evaluations that lead to achievement of organizational goals and the growth of employeesReview for a shift to role-based compensation structureStronger management capabilitiesStrengthening functions of checking the operation of human resources systems
102. Founder - Liu Year of Establishment Industry - Computer Headquarter - Chuanzhi - 1st November 1984 System Beijing, China Qualification of Fortune ranking - 450 Products – Desktops Current CEO - Yang founder - Institute of Servers Yuanging Telecommunication Notebooks Engineering Peripherals Printers Televisions Scanners Netbooks Assets Value - $10.705 billionWebsite – http://www.lenovo.com/Description -Lenovo Group Limited is a multinational computer technology corporation thatdevelops, manufactures and markets desktop and notebook personal computers, workstation, server,storage drives, IT management software, and related services. Lenovo’s principal operations arecurrently located in Beijing, Morrisville, North Carolinas in the United States, and Singapore. OnNovember 27, 2009, Lenovo Group announced its intention to purchase Lenovo MobileCommunication Technology. Lenovo Mobile now ranks No.3 in China’s mobile handset market.
103. HR Practice -Recruitment and retention Lenovo believes that being the best possible employer helps to recruit and retain the best employees. Retaining talented employees is critically important, and the Group recognises that the best way of earning employee loyalty is by providing them with good and challenging jobs, with opportunities for development and progression, and with competitive compensation and benefits schemes.Training and development As our business continues to evolve, we encourage and enable all our people to develop and grow with it. Lenovo Group continues to invest in and improve its managerial and technical capabilities through internal development and training of its employees across India and South East Asia.Diverse workforce We believe as a matter of principle that diversity within the workforce greatly enhances our overall capabilities. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, caste, religion, colour, ancestry, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, nationality, ethnic origin or disability.Open and continuing dialogue Clear, honest, two-way communication between management and employees at all levels is intrinsic to the culture of the Lenovo. Mutual trust based on openness and transparency is equally ingrained in the performance culture of our operations.