Transcript of "Social Media Club Story & SMC Bahrain Experience by Ali Sabkar"
Mission, Objectives, Vision
Roadmap for 2014
Social Media Club
Founded in 2006 in California. USA
Managed by a global board of directors.
Social Media Club is the largest non-profit trade
organization for social media professionals.
More than 350 chapters from 6 different continents.
Connecting media makers from around the world to
promote media literacy, industry standards, ethical
behavior and to share the lessons they have learned.
Social Media Club Global BOD
Social Media Club Mission
Promote ethical behavior
Facilitate sharing and thought leadership
Encourage adaption of industry standards and mentorship
Provide opportunities for education, networking and career
• Bestow a safe haven for the exploration of social media
platforms and tools
Social Media Club Objectives
• Offer the distinguished membership in an organization
whose reputation for education and social media prowess is
• Advancement in learning, technology, writing, mentorship in
social media marketing
• Provide opportunities for colleges to have a safe haven for
students to learn
• Implement global acceptance of social media marketing
tequiniuques by the public, educators and executives
• Strengthening collaboration between regional chapters and
• Tie national and local sponsorships together for
mutual benefit and growth
Social Media Club Vision
To be a leading source of the
advancement of social media marketing
knowledge and provide a platform for
social media to flourish around the world.
Social Media Club Roadmap
• Increase brand awareness
• Build chapter, member and partner relationships
• Establish thought leadership
• Provide and support social media marketing best practices