1. Teaching With TechnologyiPad Apps in Education Presented by Homer Colunga, M.S. for
2. DO NOW• Please take a few minutes to fill out the “Reflecting on Use of Technology in the Classroom” Form.• Every presentation, at minimum, should answer these questions.
3. ClassDojo • Keep track of behavior for each individual student. • Data can be displayed to the class. • Kids can keep track of their points and create friendly competition. • Behaving well has never been so much fun!
4. Side by Side• Multi-window browser, text editor, and file reader.• Open up to 4 windows on an iPad.• Windows can be resized.• Swap between windows• Sync your notes and files instantly to your Dropbox account.
5. Dragon Dictation • Easily speak and instantly see your text or email messages. • Transcriptions can be sent as SMS, Email, or pasted into any application using the clipboard
6. Show Me Interactive Whiteboard• Record a whiteboard screen where you can post images and annotate.• Upload the video recording to the ShowMe Website.• No limits on video length or number of videos.• Videos can be made public or private.
7. myHomework • Allows your students to keep track of their class assignments, important due dates and schedules. • Helps greatly improve student organization • Empower BYOT in your classroom!
8. Evernote• This app helps you remember everything across all of the devices you use.• Stay organized, save your ideas and improve productivity.• Take notes, capture photos, create to-do lists, record voice reminders• Notes completely searchable, whether you are at home, at work, or on the go.
9. iTube List • Save YouTube playlists and watch them later. • Search video playlists from YouTube with keywords. • Continuously play YouTube videos on iOS.
10. TeacherKit• It enables the teacher to organize classes, and students.• Teachers can track the attendance, grades and behavior of students.• Contact one parent or all parents straight from the app!