View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
FURTHER INVOLVEMENTIN PHYSICAL ACTIVITYEnd of unit test mark scheme
Many schools now allow pupils to take examination-based courses andsports performance awards.Describe three advantages for the individual or the school to be gainedfrom participation in these.Award one mark for each stated advantage and a further one mark for the accompanying description. (3 × 2 marks).Individual’s advantage: Increased knowledge about sport, health and fitness/will make individuals more aware of their bodies and the need for good health and fitness. Career advancement/better prepared for a career in sport or allow entry onto further/higher education courses. Greater subject choice for the students.School’s advantage: Makes better use of school facilities/it is like having an additional subject. Raises the profile of the subject, improves status/seen as same as other exam subjects and not just as a core or non-exam subject. Raises the profile of the school with more GCSE passes.Accept the above and any other suitable responses
2. Give two reasons for participating as a part-time professionalplayer. (2 marks)Two such as: Paid for playing; Paid for another job; Alternative careers; Long term prospects; Fall-back options in the event of failure; Fall-back option in the event of early retirement.
Give three different ways in which volunteers help to keepamateur sports clubs running. (3 marks) Three such as: Acting as club committee officials; Acting as a development officer; Fund-raising; collecting donations; Liaising with the press; Laundering the kit; Transporting players; Coaching the team; Officiating/ running a line; Organising fixtures; Match day ‘odd-job’ man; Maintaining the ground (buildings and playing surfaces); Stewarding the social facilities.
4. Give two jobs linked to sports science. (2 marks)
Vocations (jobs) in sportJobs relating to Physical Activity FITNESS INSTRUCTOR / PERSONAL TRAINER PERFORMER / PLAYER OFFICIALCOACH MANAGER COACH PE TEACHER CHOREOGRAPHER
4. Give two jobs linked to sports science. (2 marks) Two such as: Physiotherapist/osteopath; Psychologist; Research scientist/designer of sports equipment; Nutritionist/dietician; Masseur; Personal trainer; Fitness coach/instructor. Accept a coach/a club doctor (not doctor)/a drug tester/a PE teacher/a PE lecturer.
5. Give two vocations linked with sport and physical activity. (2 marks)
Vocations (jobs) in sport Jobs relating to Sports Science FITNESS INSTRUCTOR / PHYSIOTHERAPIST PERSONAL TRAINER OSTEOPATH EXERCISEPHYSIOLOGIST / NUTRITIONIST / RESEARCH DIETICIAN SCIENTIST SPORTS BIOMECHANIST SPORTS PSYCHOLOGIST
5. Give two vocations linked with sport and physical activity. (2 marks) Two such as: A performer/player A coach A manager Trainer Choreographer P.E. teacher An instructor An official (one per umpire/judge/referee) An organiser/administrator Roles within sports science – 1 mark.