On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
Section B – Advanced Robot
Carduino– A compact car that can run multiple programs.
2 x 10K
2 x Geared
2 x Transistors
2 x Diodes
3 x Large
What it will do
1. Have a menu with the names of 2 of the 4 programs, one on each line and a
‘>’ to determine which program is currently selected.
2. The up and down arrow keys can be used to navigate through each of the
program names. The select button will enter and run the currently selected
Program 1 – Drive Forward
1. There are the values of speed and trim. The speed goes from 50 to 255. The
trim value stops the car from pulling to a side and makes it drive straight, and
goes from -9 to +9.
2. The speed can be adjusted in increments of 5 with the up and down arrows.
3. The trim can be adjusted in increments of 1 with the left and right arrows.
4. Press the select button to start/stop the car from driving forward.
Program 2 – CircleCircleCir
1. The car turns around in a circle at top speed indefinitely.
Program 3 – Display Test
1. Puts test values on the display.
Program 4 – Credits
1. Puts this text on the display “Carduino by Jett/Tyler”
2. Play the melody of chorus of ‘We are the Champions’ with the piezo.
Our advanced robot ‘Carduino’ turned out very successful. From a slow start, not
being able to figure out how get the wheels to stop turning, the progress increased
exponentially. The tasks were shared evenly between Tyler and I, according to our
various strengths. This includes the design, wiring and circuitry, the frame and
structure to hold the arduino and components, and the code and functionality of the
robot. The only issue that comes to mind is that the display was not connected very
solidly, and would sometimes cut out if nudged out of position. The other parts of
the car were very solid and secure with a homemade frame. The car moves quite
fast for its small wheel/motor size. The code works well and as expected with no
apparent bugs. To extend the task even further, more programs could be added.
Also a ‘remote controlled’ element could be added for extra functionality.