10 IT Python Revision – Lesson, Thursday 5th
1. Look at the Revision sheetas a representation of the exam questions only – but not the
exam questions themselves!
2. Revision strategies / tips: What works for you?
a. Write down / type a full list of definitions from the breakdown.
b. How often will you go over it?Each day? Regularly for 10 mins each night for
c. Quiz with parents etc.
(All the Above - off the revision sheet)
d. Going back over past challenge questions.
e. Also, there are practise 2009 challenge questions on ed portal. You haven’t done all
f. Codecademy python (refresher)
3. Exam management– (Digital) 70 mins. How will you approach the following?
a. Section A - Knowledge & Application
i. MCQ, Short Response,
ii. Fill in the blank,
iii. Matching pairs etc.
b. Section B - Analysis & Synthesis
i. Q 1 – Beginner & Intermediate
ii. Q2 – Intermediate only
For Section B we want:
– Full and complete
– error free (logic & syntax),
– Proper use of variable and arrays; use of IF, FOR, WHILE etc.
– Compiling code that does the job required!
You will be able to use Python Shell IDLE in the exam to run and test your code like in 2009 challenge
c. Communications – grammar, sentence structure are a given! You must do this well
in every exam you complete. But when talking about code:
iii. Variable naming