3rdrd largest Commercial Bank of Pakistan UBL assets of over 620 billion It has 1257 branches in Pakistan 17 branches overseas It has 400 ATM machines
“To be a world classbank dedicated toexcellence, and tosurpass the highestexpectations of ourcustomers and all otherstakeholders.”
• Optimize people, processesand technology to deliverthe best possible financialsolutions to the customers;• Become the most soughtafter investment.
• Agha Hassan Abidi founded the bank in 1959• Registered on July 24, 1959. started the operations onNovember 7th , 1959• continued its operations as private banking companyuntil 31st December 1973• The bank was working as nationalized bank when thegovernment decided to privatize some banks in 1992.
Board of Directors Presidents Vice Presidents Regional Chief District Managers Managers Operational Managers Officers Clerical Staff
Agha Hassan Abidi: He started his career with Habib Bank beforeindependence. He founded the United Bank ltd. In 1959 He founded the BCCI He founded the Infaq foundation (charitableorganization) in UK , India , Bangladesh , Zimbabwe,Pakistan.
Sheikh Nahayan Mubarak Al NahayanSheikh Nahayan Mubarak Al NahayanChairman:Chairman:Deputy Chairman:Deputy Chairman:President & CEO:President & CEO:Sir Mohammed Anwar PervezSir Mohammed Anwar PervezMr. Atif R. BokhariMr. Atif R. Bokhari He heads the United Arab Emirates, ministry of Culture,Youth & Social development prior to march 17, 2013. He headed the ministry of education science & research. He is the Chairman of WARID telecom. Hilal-e- Pakistan 2005 He started his career in 1985 with Bank of America. Hewas appointed head of corporate & investmentbanking in Habib Bank in 2000.He join the UBL in2004.
In 2002 govt. of Pakistan sold it to Abu Dhabi group and BestWay group having 25.50% of its shares each In 2002 it merged its operations in UK with thosebelonging to National Bank of Pakistan to formUnited National Bank Limited
• Negative Equity• Heavy and continuing operating losses due to:• Overstaffing, 21,500 employees• Over branching, 1,701 branches• NPLs (Non performing loans), 60% of total loans• A lack of systems and controls across the board.• Demoralized staff, declining deposits and marketshare.
changed 33 key positions downsized the staff from 21,500 to 8,525 reduced the number of branches from1,701 to 1,257 arrested the NPL’s and blocked 80,000depositsMarket share quickly increase from 7% to 10%
His Highness Shaikh Nahayan Mabarak Al Nahayan ChairmanSir Mohammed Anwar Pervez, OBE, HPK Deputy ChairmanMr. Atif R. Bokhari President & CEOMr. Omar Ziad Jaafar Al Askari DirectorMr. Zameer Mohammed Choudrey DirectorMr. Seerat Asghar DirectorMr. Muhammad Sami Saeed DirectorMr. Amin Uddin DirectorMr. Arshad Ahmad Mir DirectorMr. Aqeel Ahmed Nasir SEVP/CompanySecretary & ChiefLegal CounselMr. Raymond Kotwal Chief FinancialOfficer
• UBL Business partner _Current Account• Rupees Transactional Account (RTA)• UBL Uniflex• UBL Unisaver• Certificate of Deposits• Foreign Currency Saving• Foreign Currency Term Deposit Receipts• UBL Basic Banking Account• UBL First minor Saving Account• UBL Business Partner Plus
UBL Ameen has its presence in all major cities ofPakistan including Karachi, Lahore, Faisalabad, Sialkotand Peshawar through 5 stand alone branches UBL Ameen has also more than 20 Islamic bankingwindows in the existing UBL branches
Ameen Current AccountBased on QARZFunds received, to be repaid on the demand/notice of the depositor Ameen Investment AccountsBased on MudarabahA partnership where one partner provides capital (called Rabb-ul-maal) and anothercontributes efforts (called Mudarib) Ameen Saving AccountInvestment accounts that have freedom of withdrawal and deposit in whichprofit can be received upon periodically Ameen Certificate of Islamic InvestmentTerm investment in which higher amount of profit can be received uponmaturity /periodically
First cheque book free No Minimum balance Withdrawal on demand at anytime PKR 100 Million and above 24 hours notice (working days) PKR 200 Million and above 48 hours notice (working days) Collection and clearance of cheques No hidden charges
• UBL Omni now brings a host of bankingservices to your nearest "Dukaan".• UBL Omni Dukaan’s are located in more than580 cities and towns across Pakistan.• This is a major milestone in the evolution ofbanking.
• UBL Hamrah has been designed for the convenience andsecurity .• It is the Traveller cheque for the safest and ideal way ofcarrying cash when travelling anywhere in the Pakistan• Denomination of Rs. 10,000 and Rs. 5,000.• It is accepted more than 2000 places such as hotels, shops,jewllers, etc• Salient Features:• Absolutely Free- No Bank commission , No Excise Duty,• Available to all: Holding an account with UBL not mandatoryfor availing this facility• Transferable and Encashable:
•Farm Loans• Production Loan Financing is available for Major and Minor crops across Pakistan.• (Revolving Credit Scheme)– Minimum Amount PKR 30,000• (Demand Finance Production)– Minimum Amount PKR 30,000• Land Development, Equipments and Machinery Financing forLand Improvement, Water course improvement,• Tube wells, Lift pumps, Deep turbine pumps, Cotton pickers, Godown, Cold Storage,Harvester, Thresher, etc– Minimum Amount PKR 30,000• Tractor & Vehicle Finance To purchase Tractors, Delivery Vans, MiniTrucks, Motor Cycle• and other vehicles used for marketing Agri Products– Minimum Amount PKR 100,000
• Livestock Financing• Dairy Farming, Meat Farming, Fattening of Animals, Rearing ofAnimals, Construction of Sheds,• Milk storage tanks, acquire and establish modern and efficientlivestock facilities. Loan Minimum Amount PKR 50,000• Poultry Financing• Poultry Farm structure and equipments, Hatchery farm structure andequipments, Feed Mills, Purchase of Chicks,• Feed, Medicines, Storage tanks, Cold storage, Construction of shed,etc.• Minimum Amount PKR 50,000• Fisheries Financing• Fish seed, Fish feed, Construction of pond, Curing and Dying byfishermen, etc.
• UBL Credit Card - Chip Credit Card• UBL Wiz – Prepaid Visa Debit Card• UBL Wallet – Visa ATM Debit Card• UBL Address – Home Loan Facility• UBL Business line – Business Financing Loan• UBL Cash Line – Running Finance Facility• UBL Drive – Auto Loan• UBL Agricultural• UBL Small Business – SME Loan
Governmental PoliciesAggressive CompetitionInternational Financial SlumpsCustomer BehaviorMovement of trained staff to other banksStrong competitorsStrict SBP policiesIncreasing ratio of fraud
PESTLE analysis answers 6 key questions:Political - What are the political factors that are likely to affect the business?Economic - What are the economic factors that will affect the business?Sociological - What cultural aspects likely to affect the business?Technological - What technological changes that may affect the business?Legal - What current and impending legislation that will affect the business?Environmental- What are the environmental considerations that may affectthe business?
Poor government policies. Political Instability Most of the banks have to finance the loanunder Political pressure Non Payment of loan by the Political Leaders.
Consumer income Saving rates Consumption patrons Rates of interest Budget deficit Exchange rates Cost of living Inflation
Declining work ethics. Religious beliefs.Non availability of the knowledge of the product ofthe Bank.With Holding Tax keep away the people fromBanking transaction.
Investment for improving Technology & Staff skills in ITUBL purchase new System for interpretation of quantitative andqualitative data to make financial decision.UBL is also upgrading its existing in-house developed branchbanking software with Core Banking System (CBS).Halted Growth of Communication Infrastructure
LEGAL.- Current legislation- Future legislation- International legislation- Regulatory bodies and processes- Employment law- Consumer protection- Health and safety regulations- Money laundering regulations- Tax regulations- Competitive regulations- Industry-specific regulations
UBL should make a good support to Islamic Banking. UBL should open its branches especially in the country side.UBL should update its website daily.Improve internal control system
To Be a World-Class Bank where you come First .It is the “You First” culture we are promoting at UBL totruly become a world-class bank which takes care of itscustomers and provides them with world-class services &products. At UBL, we value our people as our greatest assetand it is this philosophy that forms the basis of our focused,committed and long term investment in the people that formthis great institution. Our bank will be the best bank in futurewith your cooperation.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.