1. 2.0 Learning 2.0 Road Show @ 75 RPM Helene Blowers Digital Strategy Director Columbus Metropolitan Library www.LibraryBytes.com http://www.flickr.com/photos/tehtopo/123001806/ (part 2) Libraries
2. 23 Things & beyond 2.0 Innovation: Policy & Practices agenda http://www.flickr.com/photos/y-a-n/29789408/ YPRL Tour Exploring the Shift 2.0 road show – it’s about Moving from 1.0 to 2.0 New media & Library marketing
3. “ Web 2.0 generally refers to a second generation of services available on the WWW that lets people collaborate and share information online .” - Wikipedia.com Shared Bookmarks = Shared Videos = Shared Everything = “ Social media is the use of electronic and Internet tools for the purpose of sharing and discussing information and experiences with other human beings.” - Wikipedia.com Shared Pictures = Shared Knowledge = Shared News =
5. Brian Solis http://www.flickr.com/photos/briansolis/2735401175/
6. Types of social information <ul><li>Photos, podcasts, blogs, scapblogs, </li></ul>http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/07_24/b4038405.htm
78. http://www.flickr.com/photos/kimonomania/474758933/ What concepts of 2.0 seem like a natural extension of your existing library’s philosophy to the digital space? What concepts do you think are new for library? What ideas or examples struck you as do-able for your library now? What example or idea excited you most? What challenges do you for see in your library’s ability to adopt some of these concepts and ideas? What thoughts to you have to overcome these hurdles?
80. Slides: www.slideshare.net/hblowers
81. 23 Things & beyond 2.0 Innovation: Policy & Practices up next ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/y-a-n/29789408/ YPRL Tour Exploring the Shift 2.0 road show – it’s about Moving from 1.0 to 2.0 New media & Library marketing