Mark D. Haworth Resume In PFD 5-3-09Document Transcript
Mark D. Haworth
9194 Peake Road ◆ Portland, MI 48875
Home: (517) 647-2539 ◆ Cell: (517) 526-1153
“What ever it takes”, results oriented, hands on individual with fifteen years of Manufacturing
Management and Lean Engineering. Management style is motivation by utilizing teamwork, out of
the box thinking and individual empowerment. Experienced in:
Toyota Production System
Cellular Manufacturing Layout and Implementation
Standardized Work Instructions
OEM Packaging Development
Run At Rates
Presentations To Internal/External Customers
New Product Launches/ Running Process Changes
Tracking Quality, Cost, Delivery, Morale & Safety
Value Stream Mapping
Cross Functional Teams
Hastings Manufacturing Corporation, LLC 2005 to 2009
Low Volume & Expander Front Line Leader – Hastings, MI
Continuous Improvement Manager – Hastings, MI
I implemented many Continuous Improvement activities plant wide while managing 20+ direct reports including: daily
supervision, production scheduling, daily process audits, time and attendance.
• Implemented pull cards for all consumables in Expander Department to eliminate down time.
• Conducted run at rate and capability studies of new products for PPAP.
• Conducted capability studies of prototypes for APQP.
• Assisted in six sigma DOE of expander scrap to develop mistake proofing of machine.
• Champion of plant wide machine 5S.
• Tracked production and scrap of all manufacturing departments.
• Identified & worked with purchasing to standardized pack department boxes and wraps to
reduce total selection roughly 50%.
• Assisted in implementation of automated time and attendance systems.
• Assisted with implementation of bar coding and scanning of pack department.
Page 1 of 3
Autocam Corporation 2004 to 2005
I started in the Kentwood facility as a CI consultant and did a Quick Changeover Project on one of the 16 station
Hydromat machines. I then moved to the Marshall facility and worked on reducing costs in the shipping and logistics
Plant CI Specialist – Marshall, MI
CI Consultant - Kentwood, MI
• Negotiated 50 % cost reduction and debit memo resulting in $70,000 waste water savings.
• Tracked TRW outsource costs (freight, process & scrap) totaling over $500,000.
• Facilitated future state layout of 148,000 sq. ft. plant.
• Reduced 16 station Hydromat changeover time 75%
Benteler Automotive 1999-2004
I started as the Team Leader for the Toyota line. I then moved into the Continuous Improvement Engineer for one of three
business units. I worked closely with our Toyota contact to implement TPS on their product line. I also performed all
traditional Industrial Engineering duties for the business unit.
CI Engineer IV – Hagen Dr. Grand Rapids, MI
CI Engineer III – Hagen Dr. Grand Rapids, MI
Toyota Team Leader – Hagen Dr. Grand Rapids, MI
• Increased units per square foot 400% over 5 Years.
• Developed fixture conveyor to ensure no part contact damage, minimal WIP & FIFO.
• Developed vacuum packaging for Nissan (ZH2) & (ZV7).
• Responsible for Nissan ANPQP capacity, logistics, contacts & packaging forms.
• Set benchmark for the Hagen Drive plant by implementing Standardized Walk Paths, Work
Instructions & fixture cleaning instructions.
• Responsible for process routings, cost estimating, line balancing, packaging, cellular layouts,
capacity studies, material logistics, and cost reductions.
• Developed pure “U” shape cell for Jaguar X400 line.
• Assisted with Ford APQP & Toyota SQAM documentation where needed.
• Supervised and maintained daily Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost & Morale Targets.
Robert Bosch Corporation 1994 to 1999
I started as a production worker and was one of ten picked to learn and implement Lean Manufacturing throughout the
company. I then moved into supervision to further implement Lean Manufacturing.
Team Leader – Grand Rapids, MI
Hourly Lean Facilitator – Grand Rapids, MI
PDE Team Technician- Grand Rapids, MI
Reman/PDE Team Member – Grand Rapids, MI
Page 2 of 3
• Supervisor of Plant Operations for the body machining/honing area.
• Implemented Value Stream Mapping, Quick Changeover, 5S, TPM, Mistake Proofing, Pull
Systems, and One Point Lessons.
• Coordinated Lean Manufacturing through Training Workshops & Hands On Implementation.
• Reduced walk distances an average of 70% during Quick Changeover workshops.
• Developed and presented Lean Presentation to plant personnel.
• Machine Operator with responsibility of reporting information to management and maintaining
a team within the department.
Plant Awards & Certifications
Hastings Manufacturing Company, LLC
• Polk Inventory Efficiency Award (2008)
• Autoliv Most Improved Supplier (2005)
Benteler, Hagen Dr.
• Ford Q1 (2002)
• TS 16949 (2002)
• ISO 14001 (2002)
• Shingo Prize for Manufacturing (2001)
• Toyota Excellence Award for delivery (2001)
• Nissan Quality Award (2001)
• Michigan State University - BA in Telecommunications
• Portland High School, Portland, MI
• UofM Lean Certification
• Shingo Prize Audit
• KAIZEN Of America
• Productivity Quick Changeover and Mistake Proofing
• Basic GTAW & GMAW Welding
• Train the Trainer
Page 3 of 3