View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
Skills & personal attributes/qualities needed
• be able to show technical proficiency in areas such as lighting and rendering, texturing, and
graphics-related programming languages such as shaders
• have extensive knowledge of art packages ranging from modelling to texturing and special
• be able to customise art packages so that they are as streamlined as possible for specific projects
• be able to work well as part of a team
• have good communication and people management skills, in order to train and mentor others
• be able to work with minimum supervision
• have excellent organisational skills
• be able to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations
• have knowledge of console hardware architecture
• be highly skilled in the use of 3D graphics software
• be able to anticipate the needs of the artists so as to streamline their productivity
• have knowledge of the requirements of the relevant health and safety legislation and
• You will need to have detailed knowledge of at least one industry-standard art package,
especially use of scripting languages, as well as an understanding of the limitations of console
• You will need to be able to demonstrate a well-developed creative background and sensitivity
to dealing with creative issues within technical constraints.
What qualifications are needed?
• You will need a degree in a relevant visual art or
technical subject to be a technical artist. The
most important requirement for this job is having
experience working on wide range of projects,
both in terms of art tools and game hardware.
• This is not an entry-level position. You will be
expected to have between two to five years’
• You will do much of the training for this role on
the job, with regular conferences and technical
training days. However, you will also be expected
to carry out your own research and training.