Online encyclopaedia/Editable by the
• Wikipedia is edited by the public so anyone could go on it and write
false information, that was the case before now they changed it,
you could edit it but it has to be relevant.
• It’s online encyclopaedia
• Number of pages: 32,430906
• Number of articles:4,472486
• Number of files:827,140
• Number of edits: 698,881,826
• Number of users: 20,927,892
• Number of admins: 1,416
• Number of active registered users: 131,031
• During the mouth of September 2013 Wikipedia was ranked as the
9th most popular site on the internet for desktop& mobile platforms
with 116,835,000 visitors.
Pictures/Lots of written information/
• You would often see on Wikipedia pictures of
what ever you are researching for example if your
researching about a person their picture would
• There's lots of written information on wiki, the
usually talk about the history of what ever you
researching, they would give you links to other
• There's lots of subheading on Wikipedia, they
help the readers find out what the paragraphs are
about to help them with their research.
Title of article/Hyperlinks/Contents
box listing headings
• Hyperlinks will help you find other pages
that’s relevant to what you looking for and
help you get further with your research.
• Wikipedia has content box listing which help
you jump to other relevant sections so you
can find what you looking for quickly.
• Title of article helps the researcher go to the
right article they looking for quickly.
• You have reference and intuitional information
provided to show where most information has
come from, so the public can know how
reliable Wikipedia is.
Side bar with settings/Talk page tab for
discussing improvement to the page
• There's talk page tab, where the public can
discuss what they like and dislike if there's
room for improvements, and just gets the
public opinions heard.
• Side bar, has setting with suggestions and
content to help you find other pages you
might be looking for, there's many research
helps on Wikipedia.
• Form: Online encyclopaedia
• · Structure: Written articles with paragraphs
• · Content: Information about different topics,
• Technical conventions: See wiki slide
• · Mode of address: formal, serious,
informative, tries to be objective