Conventions of factual website
By Munira Mohamed
Identifying the conventions for the
• There’s Navigation bar with tabs to different sections and drop down menus to most popular
topics to help people find out more information about different things.
• There’s Embedded video about the topic that page is about, there’s a search box were people
can type and search for anything that they want to learn about on the site.
• There’s Logos with hyperlink to main page and a slogan for the site (your health, your
• People can Share, save, print icons want they want to show something that on the website.
There’s tabs for specific topic that people want to learn about on the page.
• There’s a Subheadings for the heading introduce a bit more about what the topics going to be
about. There’s bullet point to make it easier for people to understand the topic. There’s
hyperlinks in sentences so people can go to different pages and learn more. They have the
name of the article to introduce what the article is going to be about.
• The site has Advice boxes/boxed information to help people with there health on what
should they do to stay healthy. There’s comment boxes were people can comment there
opinion and there’s images for each page to show what the issue is.
• Form: Online fact/advice website
• · Structure: Written articles with
paragraphs, subheadings, bullet points
• · Content: Information about different
topics, pictures, videos
• Technical conventions: hyperlinks, tabs etc
• · Mode of address:
formal, serious, informative, tries to be