Who’s got greater skills?
What would you rate yourself out of 10 for the following
What role would suit you in your production group?
Props and Costume
Include a SHORT sentence explaining why you should fulfill
You must decide in your group, who is going to
complete each piece of pre-production planning:
The script (detailing dialogue, action, location,
Storyboard (labeled and outlined in black pen/
coloured in if necessary)
You must also use the checklist to ensure that you
are caught up on any missing blog posts.
Key things to remember:
If Mrs Jones has commented with an improvement
– MAKE THEM PLEASE! Then add a comment to say
that it has been updated.
ENSURE YOU UPDATE YOUR KEY TERM GLOSSARY
AND USE IT TO REVISE KEY TERMINOLOGY
Are you incorporating micro analysis and
using this to explore an idea about Macro
analysis? Key terms to use:
Shot types (you know them)
Editing transitions and effects (you know them)
Sound techniques (you know them)
Linear and non linear narrative
Can you think of and incorporate any other
Pre production templates can be found:
Student common>media studies> Media AS> AS
Term ?, Lesson ?
What is a recce?
Recce’s are usually carried out by a location manager before production.
It is a chance to visit and assess the filming location prior to filming. The recce consists
of a short report and photographs of the location (key details and filming angles,
power points, source of lighting, potential issues).
You are the EYES of the Director.
What you are looking for:
• Power sources
• Lighting (is it suitable?)
• Health and safety concerns
• Access and availability (do you need to hire/book, do you need a key, is it
restricted from the public, transport details)
• Key details (what makes this location special?! Is there an amazing backdrop/angle
for a particular scene)
• Sound (Does it echo? Is their noise disruption – traffic, music etc that might effect
• What equipment do you need in order to
produce your title sequence?
• What props do you need?
(objects and furniture within the mise-en-scene)
DO NOT include camera/sound equipment in
For each potential character represented in your titles,
you mist create a costume list.
Include images and descriptions of the clothing needed.
Consider the following:
• Are you constructing a stereotyped ‘look’ (goth/emo
• How are you representing them?
• Is the costume appropriate for the genre and