2. Hello everyone as you may be aware I am a meteorologist working for the MET office, my name is Kenya. You also may be aware that climate change is having a big effect on our planet and we need serious action from everyone and fast.
3. Greenhouse Effect.
4. What is Greenhouse Effect. One of the main greenhouse gasses is Carbon Dioxide better known as CO2 . As trees grow they take in CO2, from the air.When the wood dies the CO2 is returned to the air. Forest clearance and wood burning (such as happens in tropical rain forests) is increasing the later half of the process, adding to the CO2 in the atmosphere.
5. What Causes Global Warming! 1) Big factories pumping out gases into the air. 2) Cutting down our precious trees, for our own furniture. 3) All the pollution cars and lorries are pumping out.
6. What can we do as a community . <ul><li>Walk or cycle to where you need to be (if possible). </li></ul><ul><li>Build more wind turbines . </li></ul><ul><li>More solar panels on buildings. </li></ul><ul><li>Stop burning bonfires. </li></ul>
7. The Antarctica . Did you know that the wonderful Antarctica is melting, and FAST. Soon (not to soon I hope), London along with other countries, will be under water, if there is no dramatic change. Polar Bears. Can you just imagine all those poor Polar Bears. One day there is a piece of land, then they go to find their food , a couple of weeks later they come back but the land isn't there, its MELTED, so they have to swim to find land, but they cant swim forever.
8. Weather. Just a little difference
9. How The Weather Is Changing. In this graph you can see that as the C02 levels rise so does the temperature. This is the effect all our carbon emissions and pollution are causing. This has to stop or reduce, before its to late.
10. Carbon Footprint.
11. What is a Carbon Footprint. Everyone has a Carbon Footprint, its simply your own personal measure of how much Carbon Dioxide you create, and how much you contribute to climate change. Calculate your Carbon Footprint.
12. Offsetting your Carbon Footprint. What is Carbon offsetting ? Each of our everyday actions consume energy and produce carbon dioxide emissions, e.g. taking holiday flights, driving our cars, heating or cooling our homes. Carbon Offsetting is a way of helping our planet. How do I offset? The process of Carbon offsetting involves two steps – first a calculation of your carbon footprint. For individuals, you can do this on-line with our real-time calculator . For businesses and organization, we offer a service tailored to your businesses needs – please contact the Carbon Footprint organisation for your free carbon footprint calculation.
13. Thank you for listening I hope you have found my presentation interesting and alarming, so now you as a community and nation will try to help to save our planet.