• Cloud Computing
• Masses of network functions available via the internet
• Enables access from any mobile or fixed device linked to internet
•The cloud also focuses on maximizing the effectiveness of the shared
resources. Cloud resources are usually not only shared by multiple
users but as dynamically re-allocated as per demand.
• Business management software
• Allows an organization to use a system of integrated applications to
•Why Cloud ERP ?
• Provides a business with more flexible business process
• Anytime, anywhere access to information
• Reduces operational expenditures
• Supports monitoring and full drill-down capabilities
“Trust can’t be sold or gained overnight, every company
has to earn it…..”
• IBM’s focus-group study
• 40 percent of respondents showed trust
• One-third responded neutrally
"Can I trust the Cloud to deliver?", "Who owns my data?" and
• Migrating existing systems to the cloud
• Difficult to implement
• Involves ample of training
• But, slowly winning the trust war
• ERP, Cloud are on a collision course
• Privacy challenges
• Risk assessment : Complex
• Achieving regulatory compliances
• Emergence of new business models peril consumer privacy
• Complexity of risk assessment
• Who are the stakeholders involved in the operation ?
• What are their roles and responsibilities ?
• Where is the data kept ?
• How is the data replicated ?
• What are the relevant legal rules for data processing ?
• How will the service provider meet the expected level of security and
• Authentication and Authorization
• Architectural Benefits
• Centralization of security
• Data and process segmentation
• Redundancy and
• High availability
• Ensures the laws, regulation, industry codes and organizational standards
• Risk of the system’s unavailability
• Data leakage : Network/web application security breach
• Currently, low levels of awareness, trust in model and
among IT decision makers in different segments
• Prepare for implementation
• Define what the Cloud means to your organization
• Create awareness of Cloud initiatives
• Effective assessing of systems, staff, training and policies for cloud
• Engage professionals from organizations with specific Cloud security
“Cost-effective Risk Management Approach”