•we are building the software.
•The software should conform to its specification.
•Process to confirm that software meets its specifications.
•Verification is define as the process of evaluating whether
the product of a given development phase satisfy the
conditions imposed at the start of that phase.
2. VERIFICATION GOAL:
•Software verification is a broader and more complex
discipline of software engineering whose goal is to
assure that software fully satisfies all the expected
3. There are two fundamental
approaches to verification:
1) Dynamic verification :
2) Static verification :
4. Dynamic verification :-
• Also known as Test or Experimentation .
• This is good for finding bugs.
• Dynamic verification is performed during the execution
of software, and dynamically checks its behavior.
• It is commonly known as the Test phase.
5. Static verification :-
• Also known as Analysis. This is useful for proving
correctness of a program although it may result in false
•Static verification is the process of checking that software
meets requirements by doing a physical inspection of it.
Code conventions verification
6. Techniques for software
7. 1. Walkthrough:-Walkthrough are important for verifying
walk through is a form of software peer review in which a designer
or programmer leads members of the development team and other
interested parties through a software product
2. Inspections:- Inspection is thorough word-by-word checking
of a software product.
Locating defects, confirming traceability of relevant requirements,
checking for conformance to relevant standards and conventions.
8. 3. Review: - Review normally done at the end of the
development, when the developer feels that the product is error-free
and can go to the next phases.
A software review is a process or meeting during which a software
product is examined by project personnel, managers, users, customers,
user representatives, or other interested parties for comment or
4. software audit :- is a type of verification in which
one or more auditors who are not members of the software