Modi- Revlon is formidable alliance between
the Modi group and world famous Revlon of
Modi – Revlon was the first international
cosmetic brand to enter India in 1995.
3. SWOT analysis
• Strong retail presence
• Attractive counters
• Multiple product
• Never ending market
• Tendency of women
• Reduce the gap of well
• Larger portfolio in order
giving high distribution
• Increasing number of
• More awareness about
• Low media spends can
make the brand weak
• Premium brands like
EASY TO APPLY
RANGE OF MORE THAN 400 COLOURS
DIFFERENT VARIETY OF PRODUCTS
MAT FINISH COLOURS
PEARL NAIL POLISH
COPPER FINISH NAIL POLISH
THIS PRODUCT IS COST EFFICIENT
DIFFERENT PRICE FOR DIFFERENT PRODUCTS
PRICE IN RANGE WITH COMPITITOR’S PRICE
7. Pricing strategy
• As a manager my objective for pricing is product
quality leadership- i.e. I want to make the
product the market leader in terms of quality.
• My pricing strategies will be based by analysing
competitor’s costs, prices and special offers
• Pricing method:
• I have selected the following methods for pricing:
• Target return pricing- target rate of return on
investment is pre determined.
• Value pricing: this will attract the consumers to buy
more as the product has low price for high quality
• Psychological pricing- it is a play of numbers through
which people intend to buy more.
IT WILL BE AVAILABLE IN EVERY MARKET LIKE
WHOLESALE , RETAIL , MALLS , DISTRIBUTORS
OPEN BRANDS OUTLET
9. Market presence : Distribution & Retail
• Three categories of channels of distribution:
• Prestige: department stores, specialty
stores, & chain departmental stores such as
shoppers stop, Westside, lifestyle etc
• Broad : drug stores, food stores, cosmetics
discounters such as haiko, beauty center, Alfa
• Alternative: in famous salons like enrich, b-
10. DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL
SPONSORING FASHION EVENTS
PUBLISHING IN FASHION MAGAZINE
PROVIDING DEMONSTRATION OF PRODUCT
TO COLLEGE GIRLS
PROVIDING ATTRACTIVE DISCOUNT TO LADIES
(OF WHICH THEY ARE FOND OF)
12. Marketing relationship
• I will like to have beauty
advisor and make up artist
for makeovers at each mall
on our counter on
• They will be well spoken
• They will be aware of all
products and offers
13. Marketing orientation
• I being the marketing manager of REVLON I
will follow the marketing concept as I will give
more attention to the target market and their
needs and also look after the profitability of
14. Market presence : Internet
• Revlon follows the back wall stocking unit + front
Old tester bar New tester bar
18. Counter animations
• Very attractive
19. Product spectrum
• The product of my company is a consumer
product. It falls under non- durable category as
its usage is limited depending upon the quantity.
• Convenience – our product is available in many
stores and multi- branded stores.
• Speciality- we have many different types of nail
paints other than normal ones. Like nail paint
with nail art pen, magnetic nail paints etc.
20. Decision making : survey
1. Do you use nail paints?
2. Which brand of nail paint do you prefer?
• Other (specify) ________
3. Would you use customised nail paints?
i.e you are able u to choose exact shade and tone of ur desired colour n nail care
products( nail strengtheners, vitamin e, cuticle softner etc) can also be added. On top
of that it will be created and packed on the spot for you.
4. Do u feel that certain colours should only be reserved for certain people?( e.g. a 40yr
old can pull off a neon colour like an 18yr old)
21. 5. Rate the following attributes from 1 to 7
• Neon paints _____
• Seasonal colours _____
• Nourishing nail paints _____
• Matt paint ______
6. Rate Revlon nail paint?
• Very good
7. How often do you apply nail polish?
9. I apply nail polish because.....
• Self- expression
• Sense of identity
• Fashionable purposes
• Personal grooming
• Others( pls specify)
10. When you think of Revlon what comes 1st in your mind...
PRODUCT WILL BE AVAILABLE EVERY
FEMALE , LADIES , COLLEGE GIRLS ,
AGE GROUP FROM 12 TO 60
DIFFERENT INCOME GROUP
USED ON DAILY BASIS
SOME USE IT ON SPECIAL OCCASION
THE ONLY TARGET AUDIENCE IS FEMALE
SCHOOL & COLLEGE GOING GIRLS
EVERY GROUP INCOME AUDIENCE
YOUNG AND FASHIONABLE GIRLS
FEMALES STAYING IN VILLAGES
• THE ESSENCE OF FEMININITY, BEAUTY &
27. Product life cycle
28. New ideas
• Neon colour paints.
• Seasonal colours.
• Nourishing nail paints with vitamin-e, cutical
remover and nail softener.
• Matt colour paints.
• Sun sensitive nail paints( i.e changing colour
when exposed to sunlight)
• magnetic nail paints.
29. TEST MARKETING
• I will undergo test marketing for new products to
find out whether the product is acceptable by the
people. I will distribute these products in multi
brand stores and malls in Mumbai n new Delhi for
a duration of 4months i.e one quarter. We will
collect information regarding the consumers
acceptability towards the product and
satisfaction level. If the test marketing results are
upto the mark then I will launch the product
30. CONSUMER BEHAVIOUR
In nail paints women are the consumers, each
women has a different behavior and
Consumer mainly prefers Revlon nail paints
because of its quality and its presence over
They opt new shades and new nail colour nail
polish to stay trendy and well groomed.
31. SURVEY INTERPRETATION
• From the survey its found that most
consumers that use nail paints are in the age
group of 12-60
• These consumers often buy nail paints of
reputed companies like
chamber, elle18, Revlon etc.
• They are willing to try our new nail polish as
Revlon is known for high quality and moderate