Transcript of "Top 15 Mobile Marketing Insights for Retailers in 2012"
TOP 15 MOBILEMARKETING INSIGHTSFOR RETAILERS IN 2012www.migcan.com email@example.com
1. The mobile market is huge and stillgrowing rapidly 1.3bn currently being spent via mobile commerce In 2012 163% increase in smartphone users Smartphone sales will accessing retail sites since May overtake PC sales 2010Source: Google loves mobile conference 2011www.migcan.com firstname.lastname@example.org
2. mCommerce is already an incredible channelfor revenue made $2 billion during 2010. This was nearly triple the revenue seen in2009. In 2011, eBay is expecting to generate about $5 billion in revenue. 45,000,000 = the number of times eBay apps have been downloaded 400,000 = the number of new eBay listings added by mobile per week (May 2011) 2,000 = the number of cars sold on the basic iPhone app each week 1 = the number of items bought by mobile each second in US and in UKwww.migcan.com email@example.com
3. In just 18 months, Android have swallowedthe smartphone marketDon’t ignore the longtail! Android has come from nowhere to become the dominantsmartphone OS powering just under half of all smartphones sold in the UK – and halfthe people owning a mobile phone in the UK have a smartphone.Don’t think an iPhone app will cover your mobile strategy. Cater for all handsets anddevices. Mobile web optimises natural browsing and search habits to get any and allusers on to your site across all smartphones and feature phones.In addition, 63% of people preferpurchasing on a mobile site overan app…The Guardian, November 2011Adobe Mobile Experience Survey, 2011; eMarketer, 2011www.migcan.com firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Best practices for mobile sites• Keep it quick • Make it easy to convert• Simplify navigation • Make it local• Be thumb friendly • Make it seamless• Design for visibility • Use mobile site redirects• Make it accessible • Learn, listen & iteratewww.migcan.com email@example.com
5. A bad mobile experience will cost youcustomers.• 57% would not recommend a business with a bad mobile site• 40% have turned to a competitor’s site after a bad mobile experience•23% of adults have cursed at their mobilewhen a site didn’t work properlySources: Compuware, "What Users Want from Mobile," 2011www.migcan.com firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Your mobile internet should be future-proofed against the next generation of mobiles A dynamic mobile web platform (such as mVoy Publish) will render the mobile experience to a user’s device – accommodating any screen size within existing and next generation handsets.www.migcan.com email@example.com
7. Multi-channel delivers combined ROI Multi-channel approach MIG work with New Look across the entire mobile marketing mix including a mCommerce site, a transactional iPhone app, mobile strategy and supporting SMS mobile marketing campaigns Results In the first 3 months their mCommerce site delivered: • An increase in mobile sales of over 500% • An increase in orders of over 60% • An increase in revenue of over 45% The new iPhone app has had over 200,000 downloads in just 1 month.www.migcan.com firstname.lastname@example.org
8. In Store mobile – channel threading Smartphone users are already using mobile to help with shoppingwww.migcan.com email@example.com
9. 2012 hot topics & areas for innovation• Mobile web / direct integration / Conversion• In store mobile / Customer interaction• Search / local search / Customer acquisition• SMS marketing / Events & promotion• Mobile CRM & marcomms/ Customer dialogue• Mobile Advertising / Customer acquisition• NFC / Mobile payments / Mobile promotionwww.migcan.com firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Mobile search is KEY 1 51% of mobile browsers use search 2 Mobile search has increased 500% in 2 years 3 PPC campaigns offer better value than desktop 4 Location targeting can be more precise on mobilewww.migcan.com email@example.com
11. Don’t disregard SMS• 77% of the world’s population own a mobile• 98% of SMS messages are opened• 83% of SMS messages are opened within 3 minutes• Between 10%-20% of marketing emails are opened• MIG SMS clients have seen up to 45% campaign response rates• SMS has a higher direct response rate than telemarketing, email and direct mailSMS doesnt’ have to just be about promotions. Make animpact by using SMS for package deliverynotifications, customer profiling, reverse auctions, crossselling and more.There is no other technology or delivery method that ismore personal, timely and immediate – making SMS a nobrainer for delivering Retail marketing campaignswww.migcan.com firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Integrating FUN into your mobile strategywill drive engagementMcDonalds Pick N Play used a mobile web URL and HTML to allow members of thepublic to control a game of ‘Pong’ on an interactive billboard to win couponswww.migcan.com email@example.com
13. NFC mobile payments are arriving in 2012The next 18 months willsee NFC launch in up to 20countries and reach £40billion within two yearsBy the end of 2014 it isestimated that 490million people will bemaking mobilepayments. Two of the above are going to disappear.NFC isn’t limited to Pick one.smartphones - BMW,Barclaycard and more haveinvested heavily.www.migcan.com firstname.lastname@example.org
14. NFC smart posters will transformtraditional advertisingWe live in a world in which soonNFC Smart Phones linked to NFCSmart Posters will change the waywe access marketing messages andinteract with Brands.Loyalty services including discountcoupons and promotional vouchersdelivered to an NFC Smart Phonefrom an NFC Smart Poster offer thepossibility of overcoming thelimitations and challenges ofmarketing traditional loyaltyprograms.www.migcan.com email@example.com
15. UK retail mCommerce trends • 41% of UK subscribers now have a smartphone • 66% of UK smartphone owners use their mobile to browse products and services (30% weekly) • 50% of UK smartphone owners have shopped on their mobile (11% weekly) • Less than 10% of UK Retail websites are optimised for mobileSource: IMRG June 2011www.migcan.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Thinking about your next steps in mobile? • Learn from existing adopters • Get good advice • Plan for delivery • Choose an expert partner that will develop a mobile strategy with you and execute against it • Develop your own mobile intelligence • Build a long term partnership with all stake holdersTo learn more about mobile marketing or to speak to one of our friendlyexperts, please email email@example.com or call +44 (0)207 921 5599www.migcan.com firstname.lastname@example.org
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.