1. INTERNSHIP PROJECT“SURVIVAL AND GROWTH STRATEGIES IN A NEW AGED E-RETAIL” Harleen Wadhwa Roll No. 11 MFM
2. INTRODUCTION Objective1) To get an insight into the fledgling e-tailing industry in India.2) To get an insight into the operations of a start up in the e-tailing industry. Sub objectives:1a) To validate the classification of e-tailing as a sunrise sector within India’s economy.1b) To study the apparel e tailing micro vertical within the e-tailing industry.2a) To validate the fundamentals of an operational management in a start-up environment.2b) To get an insight into the entrepreneurial aspect of a start-up.
3. E-tailing industry: Growing at a significant rate. More people now trust it. Dozens of SMB s are coming up every week. Too Many players. Different e-tailing companies provide different flavours to the customers.
4. Myglauben.com is a newly launched online portal offering a wide range of lifestyle products. Product range includes men, women and kids apparels, accessories, home décor goods, kids toys, baby care products. Donebynone.com exclusively design and manufacture its fashion products. Product categories are footwear, top wear, handbags and jewellery.
5. FOUNDERSMyglauben.com Ajay Yadav- Director & FounderOversees the company’s technological operations Kanchan Garg- CEO & Co FounderOversees all Operational and Marketingactivities. 1)WINDY - Magician in Waiting(design) VIJAY K. MISRA 2) DHALI - Big Chief AMARINDER DHALIWAL(Technological) 3)SPIDEY - Chief Spell Caster VIJESH SHARMA ( Marketing)
6. CLIENT PROFILE
7. Work ProcessOnce agreed the Our team preparespartner has to fill the catalogue of Display of productsthe Vendor the products at our online storeRegistration Form(VRF)Procurement of thecatalogue product:- Endorsement of1st three month - on the productsorder/consignment through e- Payment on deliverybasis mails, social media sites3rd month onward -buying on outright
8. MY ROLE Managing the catalogue and vendor management functions. Actively contributing towards the development of the company through promotions and blogging.At Donebynone.com Work as a fashion consultant.
9. My learning Industrial learning Understood the difference b/w e-tailing n traditional retailing Some do both like zara, mango, forever21 Some are just online fashion or retail store like amazon.com Exclusive selling of digital products- online catalogues, e-books etc
10. Organization learning PeopleBasic knowledge of computer, excel and social media friendly.Culture MyG- Bored, nothing new to learn, few innovations and interaction .Salaries are paid late.Culture DBN- Innovation & new ideas encouraged.Passionate employees. ProcessEverything should be black and white.For any leave or complaint, an email is marked.Personal email ids given, passwords cant be changed.
11. Technology Myglauben.comPowered by Martjack technology. Donebynone.comPowered by magento
12. Company learningMyglauben.com Donebynone.com1) Supply ChainNo warehouse, 3 rd party Has its own warehouseLogistics.2) Customer ExpNo follow up Regular follow ups3) Social Media PromotionDoes not involve much Extensive Promotions4) DeliveryCommitted delivery Delivery is late most of the times5) Focused more on getting more More focus on quality products to the site6) Margins:-Does not gain much profit Higher profit margin
13. Conclusions 5 Universal Principles1) Forcing your visitor to think is a bad idea.2) Good UX Is Like A Perfect Movie Score3) eCommerce UX Pitfalls To Avoid• Product Detail page• The Checkout Process4) The Value Of Content And Then SoMe5)