1. HARKIM CHAN
CREATIVE, ART DIRECTION and DESIGN
+86 159 2139 3305
2. Project: Shanghai GM at World EXPO Pavilion
/ McCann Worldgroup
For Shanghai General Motor’s pavilion at the 2010 World Expo,
a “passport” procedural concept for each visitor’s journey through
the different points of the pavilion was proposed.
Collateral visual support was also provided, including logos and
backdrop graphics with edutainment contents. The ring around
the logo signiﬁes the gasoline-meter of a car in which case, it goes
to a bright shining spot at the top showcasing the idea of
sustainable mobility from the brand.
3. Project: Shanghai GM at World EXPO Pavilion
/ McCann Worldgroup
4. Project: Shanghai GM at World EXPO Showtime Giveaway
/ McCann Worldgroup
A concept proposal for featured ﬁlm at Shanghai General Motor’s
pavilion auditorium during the World EXPO. Based on client’s
brief, the future customers SGM aims for are 9 to 14 year olds
who will be visiting the 2010 EXPO.
The idea is inspired by the frenzy of the movie “The
Transformers” in China, the vehicles in the movie belongs to the
GM brand. A series of mini-transformers are created, each
carrying a personality which reﬂects the future GM vehicle’s
unique attribute. Paper-cut-out DIY robots are to be given away
to kids at the show.
5. Project: Shanghai GM at World EXPO Showtime Giveaway
/ McCann Worldgroup
6. Project: PUMA China Launch Campaign / McCann Worldgroup
An integrated campaign with less than 4 months to conceive and
execute... PUMA came in late in April of 2008 and ends up the
winner among its competitors.
The creative idea is seeing the 2008 Games in Beijing as the
stage, the athletes apply Peking Opera masks on their faces as to
expressing their personalities and attitudes as they perform. The
masks act as the common element to connect with local Chinese.
The theme is about the anticipation of seeing everyone:
performers and audience in Beijing.
7. Project: PUMA China Launch Campaign / McCann Worldgroup
8. Project: Russian Standard Vodka Campaign / McCann Worldgroup
A campaign that featured Chinese legendary rock singer Cui Jian.
By comparing the singer’s legendary story and status to the
attributes of RSV, the brand hopes to ﬁnd a connection with the
Chinese drinkers. (Campaign was suspended due to the global
economic crisis in 2009.)
9. Project: Russian Standard Vodka Campaign / McCann Worldgroup
10. Project: Holiday Inn Express / McCann Worldgroup
Holiday Inn’s brand takes on a different trail in China/Asia from its
American mother brand. The brand has a bit more upscale
reputation here thus when the brand plans on launching Holiday
Inn Express models in the China market, they want to leverage
the high standard attribute from its mother brand onto their new
lower-priced, self-serving yet fully efﬁcient franchises.
The tagline: NO MORE, NO LESS. conveys the brand message
clearly about their new product. Photographic images takes on a
friendly, “light” yet creative direction showcasing the featured
offerings from the hotels.
11. Project: Holiday Inn Express / McCann Worldgroup
12. Project: China Mobile12580 Campaign / McCann Worldgroup
A new service provided by China Mobile to their customers: by
dialing “12580”; one will receive informations on all kinds of
lifestyle retail shops and service providers.
The creative concept is to visually imprint the dialing sequence on
any number pads. Making a habitual change when the user
encounter any interface with numbers.
13. Project: China Mobile12580 Campaign / McCann Worldgroup
14. Project: Mercedes Benz Niche Models / McCann Worldgroup
A proposal for Mercedes Benz China’s new line of luxurious
sports coupes and sedans for what the client refers as the niche
market. This campaign calls for a creative direction that takes on a
more creative and unconventional approach from their original
The creative concepts appeal not only to afﬂuent male but also
female target audience. In the TVC, sensuality and self-expressive
elements play signiﬁcant roles which reﬂect the rich and
glamorous lifestyle. A series of merchandize would be included as
limited editions with each model sold.
15. Project: Mercedes Benz Niche Models / McCann Worldgroup
16. Project: Mercedes Benz Niche Models / McCann Worldgroup
17. Project: LEE Jeans China Campaign / McCann Worldgroup
A proposal for LEE Jeans China’s revamp campaign. Client’s brief
focus on localizing the brand’s global “Make History” campaign.
This creative concept aims to captivate young Chinese with their
own unique history in their fast changing social landscape in their
urban neighborhoods. With a generation which craves for self-
expressions, a few urban slang words were staged to be claim as
the brand’s own. Having the same voice with the urban youth as
well as giving them something to claim as social currency is the
vehicle to communicate the localized brand message:
MAKE YOUR OWN HISTORY.
18. Project: LEE Jeans China Campaign / McCann Worldgroup
19. Project: LEE Jeans China Campaign / McCann Worldgroup
20. Project: SUZIE’S Sandwich Shop
A small sandwich shop set in hipster-hood Munich, Germany. The
shop specializes in Vietnamese sandwiches and other delicious
soups and salads.
With a back story of owner’s Vietnamese heritage, client wants to
communicate a homey feel yet urban and current.
21. Project: SUZIE’S Sandwich Shop
22. Project: High School Musical / Disney / yUco.LAB
Film opening credits concepts for Disney’s Chinese version of
“High School Musical”. 2 concepts are conceived. One is based on
the different stances of the characters in the ﬁlm and the other is
based on the environment of an amusement part... which
connects with the scene of the ﬁrst shot of the ﬁlm.
High School Musical
/ Disney / yUco.LAB
24. Project: High School Musical concept 2 / Disney / yUco.LAB