2. Researcher of marketing Tutor at Griffith University I live on the Gold Coast, Australia
3. Master of Marketing with 1st class honoursGriffith University, 2012Grade Point Average: 6.29(from 1-7, 7 being highest)Thesis: Contrasting customer-to-customercommunication in Firm-Sponsored and User-Generated Online Brand CommunitiesGrade awarded: High Distinction (86.5%)
4. Bachelor of BusinessMarketing and Management majorsGriffith University, 2009
5. Postgraduate: Awarded First Class Honours (85% and above) Griffith Award for Academic Excellence for 2010-2011 Awarded Highest Student Achievement in 7207MKT Market Research Awarded Highest Student Achievement in 7001GBS Research Methods and DesignUndergraduate: Griffith Award for Academic Excellence 2008 Awarded Highest Student Achievement in 1003MKT Introduction to Marketing
6. My primary research focus is online marketingincluding:• Facebook• Online brand communities• Social media• Branding• Value creation• Netnography• Consumer behaviourHowever in future, I hope to expand myresearch interests to include:• Entertainment marketing• Destination marketing
7. ANZMAC 2011Paper presentation: The purchase of voluntarycarbon offsets by Australian consumers: Exploringthe attitude behaviour gap.ANZMAC 2012Special Session (in collaboration with Dr RichardJones and others): Facebook netnography: Sharingexperiences of using netnography to assess theimpact of social media on brands.Paper presentation: Incorporating Facebook intothe e-servicescape.Poster presentation: The role of the firm incustomer-to-customer communication in OnlineBrand Communities.
8. 2011 Introduction to Marketing (1st year course)2012 Introduction to Marketing (1st year course) Advertising and Creative strategies (2nd year course) Employment Relations (1st year course)2013 Introduction to Marketing (1st year course) Entrepreneurial Marketing (3rd year course) Employment Relations (1st year course) Management Concepts (1st year course)
9. “she was really kind and explained well when I have trouble in studying”“She made the tutorials really interesting and engaged the students toparticipate in several group discussions. She was also very helpful with anyquestion I had throughout the semester. This is a great teacher who isfriendly and know exactly what she is taking about. So dont ever get rid ofher! She is amazing :) ““I really liked the way she used examples to reiterate the main points. Theway she helped students during and out of tutorial times. She actually caredabout teaching. I found she was extremely helpful and went out of her way” Student Evaluations of Teaching Nov, 2012
10. I welcome approachesto collaborate onresearch projects. If youhave an idea you wouldlike to discuss inconfidence, pleasecontact me by email.
11. email: firstname.lastname@example.orgIntroduce yourself on twitter@happy_chappy89Learn more about me atsarahsloanbio.wordpress.comKeep up to date on my latest work on my blogAcademicwonderings.wordpress.com