2. Overview of the TOEIC test1. What does TOEIC stand for?2. How many parts are there in the TOEIC test?3. How many parts are there in listening section?4. How many parts are there in listening section?5. How many question items are there in each section?6. How long is each section?7. What is the highest score of the TOEIC test?
3. What does TOEIC stand for?TOEIC =Test of English for InternationalCommunication
4. How many parts are there? A.2 skills Reading section B. 3 C. 4 Listening section D. 7 Total
5. Listening section
6. Reading sectionPart Name Number Total time of itemPart 5 Incomplete 40 sentencesPart 6 Incomplete text 12Part 7 Reading 48 comprehensionTotal of 100 75minutesitems
7. Possible topics• General business: contracts, negotiations, marketing, sales, busine ss planning, and conferences.• Manufacturing: plant management, quality control.• Finance and budgeting: banking, investments, accounting.• Offices: board meeting, committees, letters, telephone, fax and email messages, office equipment and furniture.
8. Possible topics (cont)• Personnel: recruiting, hiring, retiring, salaries, promoti ons.• Technical areas: electronics, technology, computers, labora tories and related equipment.• Travel: trains, airplanes, taxis, buses, tickets, sche dules, delays and cancellation.• Dining out: receptions, restaurant reservations.