1. Malaysia Institute Perguruan Persekutuan Pulau Pinang
2. I live in residence at the Institute Perguruan Persekutuan Pulau Pinang. This is my dorm block, Rambai.
3. Rambai is a female block. This is a picture from inside the block court yard. The sign above is on the front gate of the block. It is to remind us that the gates lock at 11:00 pm. That means we have an 11:00 curfew, if we are not in our block by 11:00 we will be locked out for the night. Only the guard or warden can open the gate.
4. This is my dorm room that I share with a Malaysian student, her name is Muni. We each get a bed, a desk, and a closet … pretty basic.
5. Welcome to the bathroom, this is what a Malay toilet looks like! You have to squat, not sit. Malaysians do not use toilet paper. They wash their bottoms using a hose. …I carry toilet paper everywhere I go…just in case…
6. To the left is a shower stall. There is no hot water here, only cold. The cold showers surprisingly feel very refreshing at the end of a hot day. This is where we shower and wash up. I’ve noticed that most people don’t wash their hands after using the toilet, so the sinks are by the showers, not the toilets.
7. Here is my lovely washing machine…it’s a new model, it will take a little time to get used to it.