1. P.O. Box 5615
Riverside, CA 92517 USA
Toll free: 877-345-2021
Instant Access to a Direct: 951-750-1501
World of Information! Fax: 951-750-1301
About A-Check America, Inc.
A-Check America provides comprehensive domestic and Woman Minority Owned Company. ISO 9001:2000
international pre/post-hire employee screening services to certified. Certified Oracle Partner. EU Safe Harbor
mid-market and enterprise employers. A-Check delivers Certified. Sales: $13.5 million for 2008.
services via a proprietary web-based application, A-Check
Consistent growth is driven organically through new client
Direct™, and through XML-based standards integration
referrals, personalized services, new product releases and
with clients’ HRIS / ATS systems.
deployment of industry-leading technology. A-Check is a
A-Check is dedicated to providing real solutions to clients’ well-capitalized, profitable and innovative employment
specific employment screening needs in a consultative, screening company.
ethical and cost-effective manner. A-Check’s top priority is
to mitigate the risk associated with hiring by diligently
Capabilities and Client Base
performing background and drug screening in accordance A-Check processes 2 million individual service requests
with all applicable laws and client business rules. annually for 2,200 employer clients using 7,600 user sites.
A-Check’s scalable infrastructure supports a virtually
A-Check’s technological superiority, competent knowledge unlimited increase in volume. At current staffing levels, A-
and application of XML standards and client-driven Check can easily support a 35 percent increase in volume.
flexibility set us apart from other employment screening
companies. A-Check’s technology is our own, designed A-Check clients’ industries include healthcare,
maintained and managed in-house. A-Check does not telecommunications energy, manufacturing, retail,
outsource technology or use off-the-shelf products. This government, high technology, construction, finance,
provides us maximum freedom and control when it comes entertainment, gaming, hospitality, education, non-profit,
to accommodating clients’ specific technology and transportation, food service, and more.
integration needs. A-Check’s clients range from regional non-profits like
A-Check’s in-house team of knowledgeable, experienced United Way of the Inland Valley, to large enterprise
developers capably integrate with any XML-compliant concerns like Verizon Communications, #17 in the Fortune
human capital management system on the market, with 500 List.
several large scale integrations under their belt, including Most of A-Check’s clients have a large regional or national
telecommunications giant Verizon and world renowned footprint requiring multi-state and / or international
Loma Linda University Medical Center, among others. services. A-Check’s Enterprise-class clients generally
Company Snapshot operate in a decentralized manner, with individual
locations or cost centers ordering services online under
Founded in 1998 by ACT•1 Group CEO Janice Bryant
corporate oversight and control. Ninety-five percent of A-
Howroyd as a spinoff from ACT•1 Personnel Services’
Check clients order via A-Check Direct™ or through their
Background Screening Division (est. 1978). Certified
own integrated ATS.
12% - 5,000 employees or more 32% - 500-4,999 employees 56% - 499 or less employees
• Verizon Communications • Rand Corporation • Sempra Energy
• Verizon Wireless • Harbor Freight
• Idearc Media • Hyundai Motor America • Merit Oil
• Continuum Health Partners • AMD • Nella Oil
• Las Vegas Valley Water District • Pacific Dental • Williams-Sonoma
• Loma Linda University Medical Center • Virtua Health • Henkel
• Pechanga Entertainment • Papa Johns • VSE Corporation
• HEB Grocery • Progress Energy • Qwest Communications
• PGA Parking • Cessna Aviation • City of Seattle
• Health Care Partners • Standard Aero • City of Riverside, CA
• Apollo Group (University of Phoenix) • Allegiant Airlines • City of Sparks, NV
• General Atomics • United Airlines • City of Fort Worth, TX
• Bell Helicopter • Textron • City of Oakland, CA
• Humboldt County
2. Why A-Check?
Instant Access to a
World of Information!
Choose A-Check as Your Screening Partner
Satisfaction Loyalty Commitment
97% 99% 100%
Of clients said in a recent survey they would Year over year Client Commitment to Client
recommend A-Check to other companies. retention rate. Satisfaction.
• No software to buy or install: A-Check’s web-based employment screening web application, A-Check Direct™
3.0, eliminates cost of software and specialized hardware and removes burden of software installation and
upgrades. All the client needs is a computer with internet access and a browser. A-Check Direct™ 3.0 complies
with HR XML standards and utilizes advanced methods to guarantee the highest levels of security and reliability.
• Single-point background, drug screening, and assessment web interface: All services and results
accessed through one portal, presented in one well-organized report, with 24-7 password-protection.
• Speed: Compliant and accurate background screening results in 24-72 hours, with some report components
• One hour or less client inquiry response time: Average response 17 minutes 44 seconds. Live help available
from 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. Pacific Time via toll free telephone, toll free fax, e-mail, or online through A-Check Direct™
secure system messaging.
• Compliance: Complete FCRA compliance outsourcing, managed dispute resolution process.
• Custom adjudication services and adjudication matrix consultation/development.
• Tiered, customizable system user account privilege levels for maximum control and data security.
• Customized service packages developed through consultative approach to client needs, with a la carte services
available at the click of a button.
• Progressive ordering with real time access to instant component results (DMV, National Criminal File, Sex
Offender registry, Compliance Links, etc.) reduces costs by running inexpensive components first to improve
candidate pool before committing to ordering more comprehensive screening components.
• Live Electronic connection to court records, where available. Extensive automated records data sources
• Real time on-demand management report generation to monitor and control spend.
• Real time system updates: Information refreshed and available in real time as report components progress
through the system. Real time availability of report components as they are completed.
• Real time log notes viewable by client detail progress of each report component.
• Integrated supplier management programs – Set employment screening standards for your suppliers and
maintain complete control.
3. Instant Access to a
World of Information!
• E-Verify – A-Check’s Rapid I-9- Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification – Original DHS pilot program
• Dedicated account teams with redundant backups assigned to enterprise and government clients.
• Extensive staff training: New hires receive four weeks initial training, are placed under a mentor, and undergo
additional position specific training.
• Persistent: Three verification attempts per file component, per day. Auditable through system.
• Extensive International capabilities: 200 countries and territories, 159 languages, global affiliate research
offices located in strategic world-wide locations.
• Proven account implementation process with dedicated implementation team for smooth transition.
• Secure client data with 128 bit SSL data encryption, continuous backup.
• Quality First: All reports reviewed and approved by Quality Control Department specialists for accuracy,
completeness and compliance with client business rules and applicable state and federal laws.
• Dispute resolution: 3 day re-investigations in case of disputed report results.
• Client specific system customization, including integration with ATS/HRIS systems: Experience with
enterprise ATS / HRIS system integrations includes PeopleSoft, Position Manager and Agile-1.
• Ample Resources Dedicated to Integration: A-Check’s Team of 85 experienced in-house developers stand
ready to engage in integration efforts.
• Strong development team: A-Check develops, deploys and maintains proprietary employment screening
software in-house, allowing maximum flexibility and responsiveness to client specifications.
• A-Check Direct™ readily integrates with XML standards-compliant software applications.
• Easy App - Online employment application hosting services – Applicants enter the data.
• Drug Free Workplace: Random, Post accident and reasonable suspicion programs compliant with DOT or Non-
• Extensive national collection site / clinic network - SAHMSA certified labs, In-house MRO service. Physicals,
Immunizations, Fit for duty, metals testing and more.
• Scheduling Center with toll free number for applicants to guide them through drug screening process.
• Fast drug screening results: 24 hour turnaround on negatives, up to 72 hours for non-negatives.
• DQF: Driver Qualification File (DQF) Management.
• Drug Screening Options: Hair, Urine and Saliva Drug screening services.
• On-Site Instant Drug/Alcohol screening products include no-dip cups and instant oral swabs.
4. Instant Access to a
World of Information!
A-Check Clients Say
We want to extend our sincere gratitude to everyone who assisted with the Verizon Wireless drug and background screen
project. Countless hours of time and effort were dedicated to making this project a huge success and your efforts have
not gone unrecognized. We couldn't have found a better group of people to partner with. The onsite drug screens were
handled with respect, professionalism, and a bit of humor – just what we have come to expect. The dedication you
showed by having senior staff onsite at three locations over two weeks is truly appreciated . Your actions reinforced what
we already know – that you are committed to our account and providing unmatched customer satisfaction.
Director, Employee Experience
To whom it may concern,
I would recommend A-Check America to anyone seeking background screening services. Their commitment to
outstanding customer service makes A-Check America stand out from the rest. A-Check is always putting forth a
continuous effort to listen and accommodate our needs. A-Check provides accurate reporting and timely information. The
A-Check America Team is always working together to find solutions and answers to help customize services for their
Partner Relations Dept
I wanted to take a minute & send a BIG thank you to the folks at A-Check for the fantastic job they did in completing the
background reports I recently requested. This was a very time-sensitive project & very important we got these reports
done in a short timeframe. You guys did an outstanding job. Please pass my thanks along to everyone involved. I
certainly did appreciate their efforts.
To whom it may concern,
A-Check America has provided excellent background screening services to the Human Resources Management
Department of Loma Linda University Medical Center from 2002 to the present. We greatly appreciate the quality service
provided in a timely manner through A-Check America. They have outstanding customer service and a proven track
record of excellence. We would recommend them as an exceptional company to choose for quality, integrity and accurate
Manager, Recruitment and Placement
Loma Linda University Medical Center
To whom it may concern,
The A Check team has been a pleasure to do business with. A-Check has thoroughly exceeded my expectations by
continually seeking ways to serve me and my staff. A Checks’ web based user interface is simple yet provides me with all
the necessary data at my finger tips. Simply put, A Check is a first class organization and I strongly recommend their
Unlimited Property Services