3. WEBINAR AGENDA1. Affirm the Business Case2. Show How You’ll Use it3. Know Where Your Stand and What Stands in the WayAffirm – Show – Know (ASK)
4. 1. AFFIRM YOUR BUSINESSCASE Understanding Value & Historical Justification = Increase Budget Creating More Profits
5. UNDERSTANDING VALUESimple goals are great at first, but what the client truly valueswill eventually emerge.
6. ALWAYS BE ASKINGQUESTIONSPrevent awkward, very short,pitches by understanding valueup front.
7. SIT ON THE SAME SIDE OFTHE TABLE
8. REPORT #1 – IMPRESSIONSHARE
9. IMPRESSION SHARE INADWORDS
10. IMPRESSION SHARE BYCAMPAIGN
11. REPORT #2 – PASTBUDGET INCREASES
12. REPORT #3 – “X” VSBENCHMARKS33% of all vertical searchers are on mobile devices.
13. 2. SHOW HOW YOU’LLUSE IT• Be Specific• Segment• Justify an Increase Over Reallocation
14. BE SPECIFIC“You currently capture 15% of available mobile searchesthough the 3 mobile campaigns we have. Creatingsegmented device specific campaigns for each of yourcurrent campaigns that do not have mobile versions willincrease this to 100%.”
15. SEGMENTING BUDGETREQUESTS“To capture all mobile traffic we should dedicate $15,000 permonth for these devices.”• Don’t Make it All or None• Be able to Back it UpPossible Segments • Increasing What is Already Working • Display • Mobile • 3rdTier
16. EXPLAIN WHY MORE IS NEEDEDVS. BUDGET REALLOCATION Campaign Type Spend Breakout Branded 12,000 Non-branded 4,000 Mobile 4,000 Display 6,000 Campaign Type Optimized Spend Breakout Branded 12,000 Non-branded 9,000 Mobile 4,000 Display 1,000 Campaign Type Ideal Spend Breakout Budget Increase Branded 12,000 Non-branded 24,000 $15,000 Mobile 4,000 Display 1,000
17. 3. KNOW WHERE YOUSTAND“You will know…when you are clam, at peace, passive. A Jediuses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.”- Yoda• Question for Knowing
18. QUESTION UNTIL YOUKNOWI don’t know isn’t an answer, it’s a question that hasn’t beenasked.• Ask for What Can be Decided Today• Create Deadlines for Future Decisions• Seek Automatic Budget Increases Based on KPI’s
19. SUMMARY To increase budgets, and increase profits just… Affirm Show Know
20. Q&ASubmit your questions to the Organizer via chat. We willrespond to as many questions as time allows and follow upvia email if necessary.
21. HERO CONF 2012• April 16-17, 2012• Indianapolis, IN• Early bird deadline- February 3
22. FEBRUARY WEBINAR!Ad Writing and Testing- Benefits and Best PracticesKayla KurtzMonday, February 20th, 5-6pm ESTBe sure to check the blog for registration info!
23. THANK YOU!Please feel free to email me questions:Jeff.Allen@hanapinmarketing.comAnd ask questions through twitter:@JeffAllenUT