Clients With Disabilities
and Chronic Illnesses
Key Terms Learning Objectives
● Activity Upon mastery of this chapter, you should be able to:
● Activity limitations
● Discuss the national and global implications of disability and
● Americans with Disabilities Act chronic illness.
● American Sign Language
● Describe the economic, social, and political factors affecting the
● Assistive devices and technology well-being of individuals with disabilities and chronic illness.
● Body functions ● Provide an example of primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention
● Body structures practices for disabled individuals.
● Braille ● Describe the Americans with Disabilities Act.
● Chronic illness
● Congregate care facilities
● Environmental fac