STUDY ON FIRE SERVICES…
2. Floor plans
9. Fire Extinguishers & Refuge Area
10. Fire Alarm Control Panel
11. Illumination & Sign boards
12. Fire Hydrant Chamber & Fire Hose Reel
13. Fire Extractors
16. Other fire Services
Approach- Main road- M.M.A Johar Road, JMI
Height of the building- 26m
Numbers of floors- 05
Occupancy per floor- 300-350 persons
I. Typical Floor Plan
II. Terrace Plan
III. Service Plan
TYPICAL FLOOR PLAN
Smoke detectors in
Smoke detectors in
1.Basement floor plan
Sprinkler pipe25mm dia
pipe-65 mm dia
BASEMENT SERVICE PLAN
9 Sprinklers are provided in
area of 9x9m
18 Sprinklers are provided
in an area of 14x8m
• Openable windows on external walls
are fitted with such locks that can be
opened by a fireman’s axe.
• Sprinklers are provided in the
• Mechanical extractors for smoke
venting system are provided.
• Fire Extinguishers provided & Signage
• Fire Hose reel provided in the basement.
• Fire Alarm located on the service core
and at regular system.
• 17x8m- 140students
• No of smoke detectors-8
• 9mx9m for 70 students.
• No of smoke detecators-03
• Smoke Detectors are
provided on the ceiling.
• Exit signs on the doors are
pasted, but without
• No fire extinguisher present
within the Hall.
• 2500mm wide corridor
• Corridors are fitted with
Smoke Detectors But no
• Fire alarm is provided.
• ‘Panic button’ with breakable
glass is provided in the
• Signage at regular interval
provided for exit.
• No Fire Lift Provided.
• Lift floor area -2400mmx2100mm
• Has a loading capacity of 545kg(10
• Width of door.-1000mm
• Communication facilities are provided
in lift cars.
• A sign is been pasted and maintained on
the lift indicating that in case of fire
occupants shall use the stairs.
• Lifts are installed in a common
enclosures having individual lift
separated by walls
I. Normal Stairs
II. Fire Stairs
1. Normal Staircase
Width of the Stair-1500mm
Stair type- Circular & Winder
Width of Stair-2000mm
Fire Exit Signage provided near
Height of riser-150mm
• Type of fire extinguishers-ABC with ISI certification
• 2 extinguishers for every floor is been provided.
• 1 fire extinguisher each in lab, near to electrical
installation & generator room is been provided.
• Refuge area has been provided on the 4th Floor.
FIRE ALARM CONTROL
• Fire control panel is provided on each
floor of the building.
• The panel receives information from
environmental sensors, such as heat
detectors or smoke detectors designed
to detect changes associated with fire.
• In fire condition, the fire alarm
control panel indicates where the fire
• No Emergency lights provided in
the staircase and corridor.
• Sign boards ‘Fire Exit’ over the Lift
and near to stairs are provided.
• Sign posted without illuminated sign
for, all exits and direction of travel
to each exit.
• No Fire plan for each floor showing
the locations of the stairways.
FIRE HOSE REELS
• Chamber area- 0.7mx1.3m
• A hose reel, 30m long and fitted with
19mm diameter nozzle at the end of it.
• One Fire Hydrant Chamber on each
floor of the building is provided.
& FIRE DAMPERS
• Fire Extractors provided only in the
• Fire Dampers are located in return air
• Fire Dampers in fire prevent the spread
of smoke inside the ducts.
• When a rise in temperature occurs,
the fire damper closes, usually
activated by a thermal element which
melts at higher temperatures.
Domestic water tank.
• Fire tank capacity- 25klts
• Domestic water tank capacity- 20klts
Fire water supply Pipes
Domestic water supply Pipes
• All materials of constructions in load
bearing elements, stairways & corridors and
facades are non-combustible.
• The internal walls & staircase are of brick
& somewhere with reinforced concrete with
a minimum of 2h fire rating.
• Facade treatments is non combustible
because of the use of exposed brick.
Materials for walls
Tiles as a flooring material
Terrazo as a flooring material
OTHER FIRE SERVICES
Facilities Which are necessary to be provided in case of fire which were not
present in our CASESTUDY.
3.Materials (Non Combustible0
A callbox is a box containing a special-purpose direct
Call boxes should be
I. Located at each floor.
II. One or more should be provided on the floor.
III. Accessible within 22.5m.
IV. Call boxes shall be wired in a close circuit.
V. At a height of 1m from the floor level.
• There shall be a control room on the
entrance floor of the building with
communication system to all floors.
• Details of all floor plans along with the
detail of fire fighting equipment and
installations shall be maintained in the
Fire proofing material for walls
•Intumescent fire proofing
Fire proofing material for floors
• A drencher fire control system provides a
discharge of water over roofs, walls and
windows to prevent fire spreading from
or to adjacent buildings.
• Drencher systems provide the necessary
curtain of water for protection against
internal and external exposure to fire.