2. On May 5, 1999, I received a pair of emails indicating that alien UFOs would attack the Earth on October 3 of that year. Obviously that didn’t happen, and the emails themselves contain many elements of a hoax. You may read them yourself here and here.Is there reallysomething to all thisUFO/alien business?How can one tell?
3. Eyewitness Accounts & MemoryWhat we “see” is often not really there (Lowell’s “canals”)People can be convinced during questioning to“remember” things that did not happen (many recentsexual abuse allegations)People liePeople like to play tricksPeople tend to “want to believe”People don’t like to change their mindsPeople don’t like to admit when they are wrongPeople make up things when they do not understand*PEOPLE ARE HUMAN
4. Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs) Most people equate UFO with alien craft The term “unidentified” actually means unidentified Reports of UFOs go back centuriesPrior to invention of airplanes, UFOs tended to looklike zeppelins“Flying Disks” reported by Kenneth Arnold in 1945while flying airplane near Mt. Rainier - this is wherethe “modern era” began - aliens now operate flyingsaucers, not flying cigars!What aliens “looked like” also varies from culture toculture and one era to another.Global mass communication has changed this…. The “Greys” (Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind)
5. Project Blue Book - 1965Because some UFOs might actually be aircraft belonging to hostile countries(read: USSR), the US Air Force launched a study to try to identify all suchsightings as best as they could. The breakdown: Identification Number of Sightings Percentage of TotalAstronomical events 245 26.7%Aircraft 210 23.7%Satellites 152 17.1%Hoaxes, Imagination, etc. 126 14.2%Insufficient Data 85 9.6%Weather Balloons 36 4.1%(still being processed) 17 1.9%UNIDENTIFIED 16 1.8% The 16 unidentified cases are just that - unidentified
6. Gulf BreezeEd Walter, a native of Gulf Breeze, Florida, presents Polaroid photographs of UFOs/saucers to the people and press the town. He also reports: 1. being frozen by a beam of blue light from the craft while taking the pictures 2. he was mysteriously lifted off the ground by a strange force during the event 3. received telepathic messages from the aliens 4. faced an alien eye-to-eye(this one was widely publicizes on TV at the time)The Mutual UFO Network (MUFON), a pro-UFO group, investigates & suspects fraudJune 1990 - Pensacola News Journal:Person who bought Ed Walters home discovered a model "saucer" in the garage attic,Youth in the town admitted that he and a friend helped Ed Walter fake the pictures.
7. Alien Abductions The book that started the modern “craze” Some individuals estimate that 10% of the population has been abducted Given a population of ~ 2 million (greater Cinti) and average lifetime of 80 yrs ⇒ 5-10/night!Q: Why do we not witness 5-10 people being taken awayevery night?A: “They have mastered the art of becoming invisible”Q: Why then do we “see” their “spacecraft” if they canbecome invisible?A:
8. Roswell Object crashes in June 1947 on Brazel’s ranch Debris collected & brought to nearby Army Air Corps Base Base press officer releases report of “crashed discs” Legend grows of alien bodies set to Wright Field in Dayton Recently, at the request of Congressman H. Shiff (R-NM), the US General Accounting Office released all records relating to Roswell. They indicate: 1. no evidence for a cover-up 2. no evidence for a UFO 3. no evidence for alien bodiesCrash debris identified by Columbia & NYU as theirs- part of Project Mogul (now declassified) - balloon-borne microphones to listen for Soviet nuclear tests.
9. The Alien Autopsy FilmFirst aired by Fox as a true documentary in 1995. But:2. Autopsy not carried out using methods of the profession3. Examiner does not handle instruments properly4. Anticontamination suits are bogus5. Injuries inconsistent with crash6. Warning signs used did not exist until 20 years later (OSHA)7. Organs have no connective tissue!! Etc.Kent Jeffrey, co-founder of the International Roswell Initiative, along with many other UFO supporters, claim that the film is a hoax.1998 - Fox “reveals” the film as a hoax in subsequent airing!
10. Taken from a “Pro-UFO” Site “Click On Me!”“August 6, 1997, Mexico. Much controversy hasfollowed this almost unbelievable film of a UFO takendowntown Mexico City in broad daylight. Shown oncountless television stations, and still-framed in manymagazines and books, it is alleged that over 100people watched this event as it was filmed. The filmdid stand up to analysis for quite some time. It is nowconsidered by most to be an ingenious hoax.”
11. Ancient Astronauts1960s-1970’s, Erik von Dainiken publishes “Chariots of the Gods” books(the first one while serving time in a Swiss prison for fraud, supposedly)Claim:Many ancient cultures similarly helped by ETs (Example: Egyptianscould not have built pyramids without help from them)TODAY:Many examples of people showing how itcould be doneKing Pacal of Palenque: Ancient Astronaut?Most experts on Mayan culture suggest thisDepicts Pacal’s journy to the underworld(Xibalba) at the time of his death
12. Some claim to see UFOs in artwork Flying Saucer or a common motif ??
13. Aliens in Spacecraft? Actually depict the Sun & MoonWant to learn more?
15. Crop CirclesThese patterns of crushed grass began to appear in England in the 1980s. Since then,they have been seen on other places, and the patterns have become more complex.Explanations given: •Alien landing sites - it was impossible" for any human to do this •Wind vortices (totally absurd for the complex patterns seen) •HoaxesIn 1991 David Bower and Dave Chorley claimed responsibility for starting the cropcircle craze. They demonstrated live on BBC TV exactly how they did it. Since then,others have been caught in the act.Apparently aliens have force fields &invisibility (i.e. the motion picture Signs),travel interstellar distances and/or cross“dimensions” but have to navigate bymaking drawings in corn fields??
16. Crop circles have become a form of art…See http://www.circlemakers.org/
17. The “Face” on Mars Richard C. Hoagland The monuments of Mars: A City on the Edge of Forever (1987) claims the feature is artificialViking vs. MGS “Happy Face” on Mars!
18. So what? Does believing in thisstuff harm anyone?
19. 1997 - 39 Members of Heaven’s Gate Cult Commit Mass Suicide over a Simple Camera Artifact!“Saturn-LikeObject” - a UFOthat would take HGmembers to heavenafter death? Actually just the star SAO 141894
20. Art Bell (radio host who has a lot of such stuff on this show) & Whitley Streiber (“Communion”) post FAKED image of UFO following Hale-Bopp. For a more complete description go here and here .Original photo by Dave Doctored photo spreadTholen, U Hawaii by Bell & Streiber
21. In April 2006, a number of web sites world-wide carried theprediction by Eric Julien that fragments of CometSchwassmann-Wachmann 3 would strike the Earth onMay 25 of that year.Apparently from a psychic dream, he interpreted the“Missing Earth” crop circle as a sign from aliens that partsof SW3 would hit the earth. He “proved it” using NASAsoftware.It didn’t happen. Because web pages are ephemeral, I listthem in PDF to be preserved for posterity. Enjoy. US Newswire Web Page: pdf Julien’s Web Page: (as of today): pdf Disclaimer: pdf
22. Summary - My Own Earth vs. the Flying Saucers - (1956) AssessmentBring me a living alien, or a piece of his spacecraft. Is that too much to ask? Mars Attacks! (1996)