Don’t skip breakfast!
• You won’t feel good if you don’t eat breakfast,
and you won’t learn as well in class.
• If you skip a meal, you will eat a lot more in
the next meal, and that may make you fat.
How long can someone live without
food and water?
• On average, a person can only live about 3
days without water, and 3 weeks without
• Carbohydrates are the main kind of energy for
you body. Rice, potatoes, bread and sugar are
have to eat
meat to get
calories • A man needs about 2500
calories per day.
• A woman needs 2000.
Delicious and nutritious!
Too much sugar!
Sugar has no
Don’t drink a lot
If you drink
soda, use a lot of
It is VERY
much alcohol and
eating junk food
can cause this.
GMO- Genetically Modified Organism
Science is changing a
lot of foods to make
them easier to grow,
A lot of people don’t
like this. Some think it
But it does help feed
People eat a lot
Try to eat
A picky eater has
a lot of foods
they don’t like.
don’t like picky
Why do we get angry when we are
When we are hungry, a hormone called ghrelin is
made. This can make you feel anxious and upset.
Green tea prevents cancer
Green tea is very
good for you.
It can help you
You should drink
it without sugar
• Caffeine is a good drug.
• It can improve your mood, make you smarter,
and improve your reaction time.
• Don’t eat when you’re not hungry and don’t
• Don’t eat too much carbohydrates.
• What are some kinds of foods that we should
• What do antioxidants do?
• How many calories should a person eat every
What is the best way to get our vitamins?
Is soda good for you?
What is a picky eater?
Lets plan our next 3 meals
• With a partner, plan your next three meals.
They must be healthy and have both
carbohydrates and protein.
• Use your imagination, and make it delicious.
You can use a dictionary.
• Share your meal plan with the class.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.