1. By HackLessons(www.hacklessons.com) / (www.twitter.com/hacklessons)
2. “Google Hacking is the process of using advancedoperators in the Google Search engine in the effort toreturn more precise search results.”In summary, the use of advanced operators whensearching Google will allow you to find exactly whatyou’re looking for more easily.
3. Fact: Google can be a b$*#& to search, if you don’tknow the exact phrase to get the results you’re lookingfor.Fact: It’s usually our fault.Using advanced operators will allow us to findeverything we want in a much quicker fashion.There are some things we just can’t find without theselittle tricks. Security flaws tend to be a prime example.
4. There are tools out there to make searching Googleeven easier, but no tools are required.However, cheat sheets will be provided and aregenerally essential to remembering all of thesefunctions.
5. A Google Query is the underlying search equationgenerated from user input on Google Search.Your search terms and parameters define yourresults.
6. • Google has “wildcards”, however, they are not the same as UNIX and/or programming wildcards. This technique is known as stemming.• Google stems automatically for you. The word commentate in a sentence may return as: commentate, commentator, commentating, etc. - > Inaccurate Results.• Queries are NOT case sensitive. HaCkInG GooGLe will return the exact same search results as HACKING GOOGLE or hacking google.• Google likes to ignore the popular kids. The words: who, what, where, when, a, an, or the ... are often removed from the search equation, but not always. Results may vary.• Google ignores punctuation. There are a few exceptions to this, such as: C++, dvd $400, quick_sort, etc
7. Operator Description Usage +/- Force a search for a commonly used word +word / -word or remove a word showing up. “ ” Specific word / string order. “Life is a foreign language; all men mispronounce it.” ./* . is for single character wildcard. w . rd / life is a * * represents any word. site: Search only a specific site. site:edufire.com filetype: Search only the text of a specific file type. filetype:pdf link: Search only within the text of hyperlinks. link:edufire cache: Displays the cached version of a web cache:edufire.com page. allintitle: Search page titles for all search terms. allintitle:edufire tech intitle: Search page titles for specific search term. intitle:edufire tech inurl: Search only with the text of a URL. inurl:edufire
8. Find what you need, when you need it. -inurl:htm -inurl:html intitle:"index of" +("/ebooks"|"/book") +(chm|pdf|zip) +“Book Name (e)Books Goes Here" -inurl:(htm|html|php) intitle:"index of" +"last modified" +"parent directory" +description Images +size +(jpg|jpeg|png|bmp|gif) -inurl:(htm|html|php) intitle:"index of" +"last modified" +"parent directory" +description Music +size +(wma|mp3) “Band/Song Name Goes Here"Phonebook/ Address phonebook: John Doe / phonebook: John Doe Washington DC / #555-555-5555 -inurl:(htm|html|php) intitle:"index of" +"last modified" +"parent directory" +description Video +size +(wmv|avi|mp4|mpg|mkv|mov|flv) Weather weather: DC / weather: Washington DC / weather: 20073 Unit Conversion 5 USD in Yen / tablespoons in a cup / 1 gigabyte in kilobytes Local Time time in Hong Kong / time in Australia / time in Brazil Flight Status Continental Airlines 2718 / United Airlines 7607 / Delta Air Lines 5466 Live Webcam inurl:view/view.shtml / intitle:liveapplet / inurl:ViewerFrame?Mode=
9. Google Language Tools has been a great tool totranslate text/websites from one language to another.However, it can also be used as a Proxy Server!
10. Enter in any web address that you would like to go towith Google as your Proxy.Google will not translate any *English* text intoEnglish.Google’s Proxy is a Transparent Proxy, meaning itdoes not conceal your IP address.
11. Google’s Language service does not store Cookies soyou are not able to use web sites that require them.
12. In order to double check to make sure you’re actuallyusing Google as a proxy, check that a web addresssuch as the above is in your address bar.You do not want to see http://facebook.com/ or anyother site. You want to see translate.google.com oryou’re doing it wrong. (No pun intended in thatphrase ;) )
13. 1. Find tech classes on EduFire a) Remove tech support pages from results2. Find out who links to EduFire a) Remove EduFire’s website from results3. Find out the weather for your City and State a) via Zip Code4. Find out if your phone number is listed5. Find a song that is very common6. Find live webcams.
14. 1. site:edufire.com tech a) site:edufire.com tech -support2. link:edufire.com a) link:edufire.com –site:edufire.com3. weather:Washington DC a) weather:200734. #555-555-55555. -inurl:(htm|html|php) intitle:"index of" +"last modified" +"parent directory" +description +size +(wma|mp3) “Amazing Grace“6. inurl:view/view.shtml
15. Google is more powerful than most people realize.You just have to learn how to utilize it to suit your needs.There is a learning curve, but it’s definitely worth it.