1. Login to your Twitter account
2. Go to your profile page (twitter.com/yourname)
3. Click on the orange RSS icon in your browser bar
4. Copy the link (looks like 'http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/39042667.rss')
Note: You will need a Twitter account with 'public' updates. If your updates are
protected this won't work. To change this setting, go to your Twitter account ->
'Settings' -> 'Account' and disable 'Protect my updates'.
2) Yahoo Pipes (optional)
Can be used to...
Filter your feeds (e.g. by author, date or keywords)
Tidy your feeds (remove specific content or complete
Unite multiple feeds
Note: If you use Yahoo Pipes, use Twitter's RSS as input and use the Pipes'
RSS output for your input at Twitterfeed.
1. Login to your Ping.fm account
2. Add LinkedIn as a service, make sure ’status updates’ is
3. Go to http://ping.fm/key/ and copy your application key (to
be used with Twitterfeed).
1. Login to Twitterfeed.com and Create a new feed to ping.fm
2. Use the application key from ping.fm
3. Click 'get available methods' and set methode to 'status'
4. Paste your feed (from Twitter or Pipes) at 'RSS Feed URL'
5. Set 'Update Frequency' to 'Every 30 mins' and '1 updates
at a time'
Note: as you can see, Twitterfeed can only send updates once every 30
minutes. This is the maximum time it will take to update your LinkedIn status
and only the latest message in that 30 minutes will get posted to LinkedIn.
We use Twitter as an example, but actually you can do this
with any Web feed you like.
You can also do this the other way around using Friendfeed,
but make sure not to do both or you will get loops.
Connect Social Networks
Need help connecting, automating and optimizing social
Let me help and I promise:
Updating you social network will become much easier and
less time consuming;
Using my services will lead to more traffic to your website;
The (improved) integration of your company into social
networks will improve your brand awareness.
Go to connectsocialnetworks.com and let's get connected!