Be the first to like this
Here are 10 Things You Should Do After Installing Wordpress
1. Buy and support developers by buying plugins and themes: Never pirate plugins and themes.
2. Optimize your site for search by using SEO plugins like All-in-One SEO Pack or Yoast's SEO Plugin. These plugins provide noob-friendly processes to optimize your website to search engines. If you want your website to be easily seen on search engines, optimizing every bits and pieces of your site's content should be "readable" and "friendly" to Google or Bing.
3. Use and verify your website on Google Webmaster.: If you're really serious to blog, you should be hungry be statistics and analytics. Google's Google Webmaster, is the penultimate online tool to monitor your site's performance in Google's search results. This is the online tool where you submit and monitor your site's sitemap. Of course, you don't want Google to miss your posts, right? Also, it is through this online tool where you can see the performance of search terms, which can be found on your website.
4. Track your website's traffic using Analytics: In connection to #4, your site's analytics and stats are keys to improving your site's content and searchability. Go to Google Analytics, create a website property, grab its tracking ID or tracking code and put it on your Wordpress site.
5. Put a password on your wp-admin folder: your website may be vulnerable to intrusions and malwares. Sometimes, the themes and plugins you download may be the root causes of your site's vulnerability. Other than keeping your Wordpress always up to date, it's a good practice to put a password on your wp-admin folder via CPanel.
6. Make your website responsive to different screens: You have to make sure that the theme you’re getting for your blog is responsive to different screens. Having a multiscreen user interface and experience will not just simply increase website engagement but it sends a message that you’re after your readers’ convenience.
7. Keep away from having too many advertisements: It is okay to publish ads, but you've got to put Aristotle's principle of moderation in effect: do things in moderation. Would you like to read an article filled with advertisements?
8. Delete the default Wordpress Admin account: If you don't do this, it'll be easier for brute-force hackers to get into the admin panel of your CMS. If this happens, consider your website 'hijacked'. Prevent this by doing the following:
- Create a new Administrator account with a different username
- Login using new Administrator Account
- Delete the old one
9. Install these plugins:
Contact Form 7
Facebook (official plugin)
Page Views Count
Special Text Boxes
Viper's Video Quicktags
10. Install these Firefox Addons to help you optimize the look of your website:
SEOQuake SEO Extension
Be the first to like this
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.