1. LinkedIn - The Story So FarFounded in December 2002 and launched in May 2003 As of 3 November 2011, LinkedIn reports more than 135 million registered usersin more than 200 countries and territories.
2. LinkedIn - The Story So Far It is the world’s largest business related Social Networking site.In June 2011, LinkedIn had 47.6 million unique visitors, up 63 % from 2010 77% of users are aged 25 plus The average household income of a user is £70k
3. LinkedIn - The Story So Far
4. LinkedIn - Why Use It?Create, develop and maintain business relationshipsCreate awareness of yourself among potential clientsand candidates (“personal branding”)Demonstrate your competence and expertise toestablish the trust upon which business relationshipsdepend
5. LinkedIn - Why Use It?Increase your Internet presenceDoes a wonder to your SEO EffortsNetworkingPlatform for showcasing your expertiseCreate Ad’ CampaignsMeet your clients/prospects through eventsBuild a company page as well as your profile
6. LinkedIn - Best Practice Maintaining a LinkedIn profile is one of the most important steps you can take to manage & control your online reputation. LinkedIn’s high Search Engine Optimization means your LinkedIn profile page often appears at the top of search engine results
7. LinkedIn - Best PracticeFind Who You KnowStart with your existing contactsLet LinkedIn scan your email address book tofind out who you know is on LinkedIn.LinkedIn will NOT automatically send connectionrequests to your contacts; you choose whichcontacts to invite
8. LinkedIn - Best PracticePersonalise your URLChange your LinkedIn profile URL (web address)from the default setting towww.linkedin.com/in/"yourname"E.g.: www.linkedin.com/in/guyoutramHelps people find you when they search for yourname within LinkedIn, Google and other searchengines
9. LinkedIn - Best PracticeEmail MarketingInclude your LinkedIn URL in your emailsignatureAdd a Photo to Your ProfilePhotographs personalize your profile and giveyou social media credibility - Keep it professional
10. LinkedIn - Best PracticeAsk to Connect at Every OpportunityWhenever you have business interactions withpeople, ask them if they’re on LinkedIn and ifthey’d like to connectSend connection requests after meeting withcandidates and prospective clients
11. LinkedIn - Best PracticeAcquire Enough ConnectionsThe more work experience you have the largeryour network should naturally be.The more connections you have, the moreLinkedIn search results you will appear in (i.e.makes you easier to be found).Rule of thumb? Multiply your age by 10 and thatis the minimum number of connections that youshould aim for.
12. LinkedIn - Best PracticeHave a Profile Headline That “Brands” YouThis is the single most important piece ofreal estate on your LinkedIn Profile, and youneed to brand it as such!Appears in search results next to your nameIt’s your elevator speech in a few words.Be creative! Think of something appealing otherthan your title and company name?
13. LinkedIn - Best PracticeFill Out As Much of Your Profile as You CanMake Your Profile Rich with KeywordsDon’t hide - Change the settings on your profile to“Full View”Link to Yourself – Website, blog, Twitter feedGive, and ask for, recommendations
14. LinkedIn - Best PracticeUpdate your Status Regularly and StrategicallyWatch Others’ Status Updates to Initiate ContactJoin GroupsPost News within GroupsAsk Questions Strategically
15. LinkedIn - Best PracticeAnswer Questions Posed by OthersInstall ApplicationsUse the “Follow Company” Feature
16. 7 Steps To LinkedIn Success:1 Commit to connectingWith 5 current or lapsed business associatesevery day. When you connect with people, youand your business jumps to the forefront of theirmind. When that happens, they remember youwhen someone needs the services you provide.Connecting = Forefront of their Mind = Leads.
17. 7 Steps To LinkedIn Success:2 Join up with 17 relevant Groups.Over the course of 30 days, Why 17? Becauseit’s not 2 or 3, which is the number most peoplejoin. The goal is to spread your visibility onlineand the best way to do that is by joining 17Groups, not just 2 or 3.
18. 7 Steps To LinkedIn Success:3 Answer 2 questions a week consistently.Turning answers into leads is a longer termstrategy. It may take 5 answers to generate alead or it may take 25 or 50.The key will be to keep at it consistently overthe long haul.
19. 7 Steps To LinkedIn Success:4 Start a discussion in each new GroupEvery day for 5 days after you’ve joined withthem. After doing it for 5 days, you’ll have madea few new friends in the group. If possible andappropriate the discussion will include a linkback to your website to create more visibility.If possible create an e- newsletter that they candownload. This captures their data for re-marketing in the future.
20. 7 Steps To LinkedIn Success:5 Create a direct advertThe key here is to have a landing page on yourwebsite where you can collect people’s contactinformation when they sign up for somethingyou’re offering. You should write and create asimple ad for this
21. 7 Steps To LinkedIn Success:6 Add applications on your Profile PageIf you want to make your Profile Page asengaging as possible then adding Reading Listsand SlideShare presentations are a good placeto start.
22. 7 Steps To LinkedIn Success:7 Review and repeat the above stepsThe key to making LinkedIn work will beconsistency. It’s not easy,You need to be there consistently so that youcan build up a following and an audience togenerate a steady stream of inbound leads.
23. LinkedIn – Other Tools:Find Jobs & Post JobsSearch companiesPolls – read & create surveysEvents – Find & Post
24. Next Time: What is Facebook? Why Use Facebook? How To Use FacebookFacebook Success for Business