2. What Is Stress?• Stress is a feeling thats created when we react to particular events. Its the bodys way of rising to a challenge and preparing to meet a tough situation with focus, strength, stamina, and heightened alertness.• Stress is your bodys way of responding to any kind of demand.
3. Forms of stress• General stress• Cumulative stress• Acute traumatic stress• Post traumatic stress
4. General stress• Everyone has this kind of stress• It resolves itself within a day or two• No intervention is necessarily required.
5. Cumulative stress• Stress builds up in your body• It becomes more difficult to alleviate your symptoms• You may have more serious physical symptoms and mental anguish
6. Acute traumatic stress• Critical incident stress• Produces considerable physiological distress• A normal reaction to abnormal events
7. Post traumatic stress• Severe stress produced by severe physiological trauma• Created by unresolved critical incident stress• Produces lasting changes
8. Causes of stress
9. Causes of stress
10. Causes of stress
11. Causes of stress
12. Causes of stress
13. Causes of stress
14. Causes of stress
15. Causes of stress
16. Causes of stress
17. Causes of stress
18. Causes of stress
19. Implications of stress
20. Approaches to stress management
21. VentilationTo improve air quality• Ban smoking• Open windows• Have plants in the room.