- Concepts related to Customer Care Management
- Started their operations in 2001
- Main function was to provide technical support, make outbound sales calls, back office support
- Received complaint from US customers in 2003
- Complaints mainly regarding language , long hold time and scripted responses.
- Corrective measures taken by Dell.
- Failed to complement growth in sales with good customer service.
- Operational CRM – “Front Office CRM”
- Placing of Orders and Need for service –
- Collaborative CRM - Direct communication with customers not involving sales or service representatives.
- In 1999, Dell launched “E-Support Direct from Dell”
- Analytical CRM – “Strategic CRM”
- Proficient at data mining and analytical modeling
- To develop new models and processes
- It can be predicted by two methods:
- Average conversation time in secs
- Average completion time in secs
- Unanswered calls wait and do not hang up
- The approach was not customer centric
- Lack of consistency in service quality
- Language difficulties (accent, communication)
- Large number of products being handled by Dell India
- ‘ Talent supply’ at the middle management level
- Recruitment of ‘right’ employees for specific jobs (inappropriate selection process)
- High attrition rate (wrong hires, inability to cope with stress)
- Focus was on generating revenues
- AHT of calls and pay scales
- Inappropriate accent training
- Customized and variety of products & services
- Increase in the volume of calls
- Increasing demand and less supply
- Verification authorization slows troubleshooting.
- Identifying customers through the caller ID info.
- Saves time, money & enhances customer service.
- Collaborative Support for Hardware and Software.
- 24x7 Expert Center Phone and Online support.
- Next Business Day Onsite Service .
- A remote diagnosis and resolution tool
- Dell’s “Proactive Maintenance”
- Assessment and recommendations for updating drivers and firmware.
- Dell’s Corporate Blog and Websites
- Corporate Blog and forums
- Dell Studio and Idea storm
- Dedicated Support Lines For Different Products
- Staffing Inline With The Priority Of Product’s Sales Potential And Expected Call Inflow
- Immediate Feedback Call Reverts To Customers To Analyze Satisfaction Levels
- Shift In Focus From AHT to Problem Resolution
- Educate Customers About Online Support Available For Elementary Problems