Victory Day. 35 well- known images of the Great Patriotic War
Victory Day35 well-known images of the Great Patriotic War68 years ago, the month of May was one of the happiest in the history of ourcountry, but happy in a special way - with anguish and tears. The war ended,and with it, the bombing, the fear of not waking up in the morning, thewhistle of bullets, the sirens, the bitterness of the loss of comrades. Meet thevictory was destined to little - millions of people, and at the front and in therear, and have not seen this much anticipated May.
1. Kombat. Photographer Max Alpert."Combat" - one of the most famous photographs of World War II by the Soviet photographer Max Alpert. The photograph captures a junior political officer AG Eremenko, lifting the soldiers in the attack, a few seconds before death.
2. Victory Banner over the Reichstag. Photos Eugene Chaldean.The first flag was set away from the Reichstag, on the roof of Staff of the 8th Guards Army, near the sculpture of an eagle sitting on a globe. The second - over the Brandenburg Gate. When the Chaldean got to the Reichstag flag was already set very much. Stumbling on a few fighters, he took his flag and asked for their help to get on the roof. Having found a convenient point for shooting, he shot a two cassettes.
3. The Kursk. Tankers and destroyed tank "Tiger".Tank commander, Lieutenant BV Smelov shows the hole in the tower of a German tank "Tiger", the downed crew Smelov Lieutenant Lihnyakevichu. This hole did conventional armor-piercing shell of the 76-mm tank gun, so the picture is often used for propaganda purposes, indicating that the newest and strongest German tanks can break our T-34.
4. Lydia Litvyak pilot fighter regiment after sortie on the wing of a Yak-1B.August 1, 1943 Lydia Litvyak made four sorties, during which the person was hit by two enemy planes, and 1 in the group, but from the fourth departure she had not returned - her plane was damaged by a German fighter queue and missing.
5. Soviet soldier with a Czech child in her arms.