War is chaos. War is hell. War is not a place for children.However, during the second World War (and not only)children, unfortunately, not only saw the horrors , buteven took a direct part . The war has no face, but in thesephotographs we see its imprints on the youngest and mostbeautiful faces.
1. American doctors and wounded French girl Genevieve Marie(Geneviève Marie) in a field hospital at the farm of La Moustache(La Houssaye). On the left - the brother of Genevieve MarieAuguste (Auguste Marie). The children were injured in the night of5 to 6 June 1944 as a result of a raid by U.S. bombers on thebattery La Croix aux Bertots. During the war their mother waskilled.
2. Warsaw children in the German tank Pz.Kpfw IV, burnt by rebelson the street Gorokhovskaya September 14, 1944 during theWarsaw Uprising.
3. Young Warsaw rebels near the grave of scout Zbigniew Banasha(Zbigniew Banaś), who was killed by a German sniper during maildelivery to the hospital in Powiśle.
4. Injured Polish boy and a nurse at the hospital company "Costa» (Koszta)on the street Moniuszko (Moniuszki), Building 1, in the Warsaw Uprising.
5. Polish boy in the ruins of Warsaw. His house was destroyed by Germanbombing.
6. London boy on the ruins of his home, where his parents were killedafter being hit by a German V-2 rocket.
7. London girl on the ruins of her house destroyed by the V-2 rocket.
8. London boy on the ruins of his home, where his parents were killedafter being hit by a German V-2 rocket.
9. English girl with a doll on the ruins of a house destroyed by Germanbombing.
10. German soldier gave a bread to the Russian boy . Somewhere in thewoods near Volkhov .Album German photographer Georg Gundlach "Volkhovskaya battle.Documents of horror: 1941-1942. "Authors name - «Der kleine Jungebegreift noch gar nicht, das er plotzlich ein Stuck Brot erhalten hat, - imWolchow-Wald 1942" (Kid has not yet realized that he suddenly gave apiece of bread, wood Volkhov 1942).
11. An American soldier near the body of Belgian boy who was killed bythe Germans in Stavelot (Stavelot) . In the background can be seen thebodies of other murdered civilians.From the testimony of Belgian literature teacher Van der Essen at theNuremberg trials: "As regards to the first fact, thats the crimescommitted by entire military units, I, not to abuse the Tribunal, I will givejust a very typical example. This event, which occurred in Stavelot, wherewere approximately 140 people, of whom 36 were women and 22 children,the oldest of which 14 years old and the youngest - 4 years, were brutallymurdered by German units belonging to the SS Panzer Division. It wasthe division "Hoenshtaufen" and security division SS "Adolf Hitler" "
12. Boys from Italian city of Naples, one of whom lost a leg during thefighting.
13. Meeting liberators of Prague . Soviet junior officer holds a Czech boy.
14. Meeting liberators of Prague. Soviet Major-General holds a Czech girl.
15. Unknown prisoner of the Warsaw ghetto holding a dead body of astarving child.
16. Greek soldier in helmet holds on holds his daughter .
17. Russian boy sits near the trunk of artillery gun thrown at the Germanretreat.
18. Chinese baby crying on the platform of a bombed-out train station"South" in Shanghai.
19. The Soviet partisan teenager Nick Lubich of the partisan unit AFFedorov with captured German 9mm submachine gun MP-38 in the winterforest. Nicholas Lubitsch survived the war and lived to an old age.
20. Soviet baby crying over the body of his dead mother. Shot from aSoviet film of the war in which the Nazis crimes were shown.
21. Soviet child near the murdered mother. Concentration camp for civilians"Ozarichi." Belarus, a place Ozarichi Domanovici district Polessie area.
22. A seven years old boy in the place of last fight, near the explodedSoviet tank T-34-85. Behind there are seen the same two tanks .
23. An emaciated child lying on a sidewalk in the Warsaw ghetto.
24. Two children begging on a sidewalk in the Warsaw ghetto.
25. Two Ukrainian SS members, known as "askaris» («Askaris»), look atthe dead bodies of women and children during suppression of theuprising in the Warsaw ghetto.
26. Chastisers shot Jewish women and children at the village MizochRivne region. Still signs of life coolly finishing off. Before execution, thevictims were ordered to take off all their clothes.
27. A group of children in the occupied Soviet village. Picture of Germanphotographer.
28. Philippine orphaned children in the streets of destroyed Manila .
29. Lance-Corporal Canadian Medical Corps D. Curtis (JW Curtis)bandages the leg to a French boy Marcel Fremont (Marcel Frémont, 10years) , near him - his brother Daniel (Daniel Frémont, 4 years).
“The forgotten victims of World War Two were the children.”Juliet Gardiner.
endcast Not a child can face a warimages credit www.Music Puccini - O mio babbino caro (aria dellopera Gianni Schicchi)created o.e.thanks for watching