1. Strategic Web Design:AnalyzeBilly Stephens, Strategic AccountManagerKelley Jarrett, Market Manager
3. Strategic Design to Kill the Noise YOUR WEBSITE YOUR AUDIENCE
4. Design for Your Audience By determining your target Audience Segments, we can ensure that the content and navigation of a design are catered to drive your audience to their own target areas of the site, and empower your users to make the best use of your new site.
5. Wireframes Help PrioritizationHELP TAKE YOUR WEBSITE FROM SUBJECTIVE TO OBJECTIVE.
6. From Wireframe to Art We know your audience… We know your content… We know your site’s structure… Now we will make it look great!
7. Measuring performance and learningfrom your audiences behaviors andfeedback.
8. Analyze BehaviorLOOK AT GOOGLE ANALYTICS – How are your users accessing your site? – What pages are they visiting most often? – What are the demographics? – What user behavior trends can you find? – What browsers are they using? – How many mobile users are accessing the site?
9. Analyze BehaviorNEW SITE USABILITY – How do users access information? – Task paths – Calls to Action – Navigation Process – How easy (or hard) is it for them to find what they need? – Frustrations
10. Online Usability Testing Online Usability Testing allows us to determine the sticking points in your current site for accomplishing specific tasks. Lets say you are not getting the sort of conversions from a “Donate Now” button on your home page – using software like Usability Hub, we can determine how effect that button is, and address the need for a more effective call to action on your new design. Usability Testing is most effective when we can utilize several volunteers or constituents that represent the user-base your site is intended to draw.
11. Usability WorkshopWe will explore, test and record your target audience’s abilityto successfully interact with your current website.
12. 5 GOOGLE ANALYTICS REPORTSEVERY NONPROFIT SHOULD KNOW
13. DashboardWhat is it?• Traffic• Referrals• Top Content• KeywordsWhat to do with?• Change the date range filter to include “Past Comparison” to show YOY• Google defaults to the most recent month’s worth of data – increase to 3 months for better trends to survey peaks and valleys of traffic Peaks will showy what draws traffic – is it your e-newsletters or events Use those pages to pull traffic to other areas on the site.• Click datapoints to add notes – “May eNews Sent”• Use email scheduling to send a PDF of this report to key staff each month
14. Top ContentWhat is it?• View the most or least viewed pages• Presents an overview of important dataunique views, exit rates, and bounce rates.What to do with?• Ensure the most viewed pages include clear calls to action – Especially on pages with the highest exit rates: subscribe, register, donate, event registration, surveys.• For bounce rates over 65%, review each page’s entrance point – Analyze and test how content, keywords or placement could improve rate• For least viewed pages, consider deleting, moving, promoting or linking.• Sort by highest exit rate with an advanced filter for those viewed more than 10% of total pageviews – Shows pages in need of calls to action. – These are often confirmation pages, and ideal for further engagement.
15. Source ReportWhat is it? – Shows details of howusers are finding your website• Direct links (bookmarks, email)• Referral Links (sites and social)• Search EnginesWhat to do with it?• Direct – shows which Friendly URLs (eg; url.org/friendlyname) users access the site using. When used specifically with offline campaigns, appeals or ads we can use as a source metric. Longer, hard-URLs, with high return rates suggest webpages that have been favorites or found from emails.• Referral – shows which sites users come from – High referral page bounce rates = content adjustments needed. – Partnership opps – Social sites most used – opp for future campaigns.• Search engines – will help determine additional keyword usage and/or engine optimization in order to rank higher SEO
16. KeyWord ReportWhat is it?Provides top search terms used to findyour website.What to do with it?• Learn how people are finding your website• Understand what language they use to describe your issue and program(s),• Determine if they are finding the content you want them to find with the keywords.With this knowledge, you can:• Adjust keyword usage on pages you’d like ranked higher.• Adjust your Page Title, Page Description, Headers , and first content paragraph to include successful keywords.• Adjust your social monitoring activity to include successful keywords
17. Intelligence AlertsWhat is it? – Uses Google algorithms to determine when something significanthas occurred on your website.• Peak in website visitors• Page content average views change• Average time spent on site increases• Change in Source percentagesWhat to do with it?• Turn it on under the “My Customizations” to be alerted via email when Google determines a significant change has occurred.• When you receive an alert, find the reason it’s happening and do it again!• If there’s a peak in website visitors – try to tack it to an action. If you can’t, note the time or external factors that may affect it.
18. How People Find YouSEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION
19. SEO: What Should a Solid Strategy Have? SEO-Focused Design Analysis – Keywords – Competitive Optimization – Evaluation – Recommendations Content – Rich links, image tags, content for crawling Education Ongoing Services
20. Helpful links and resources WebmasterWorld.com – Forums, What works, What doesn’t HighRankings.com – Forums SearchEngineWatch.com – Rich Information, Forums http://www.webuildpages.com/tools/default.htm Conversion University http://www.google.com/support/ conversionuniversity/?hl=en Google Analytics YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/ googleanalytics
21. Next StepsREAD THE RECAP BLOG – POSTING TOMORROW – WWW.GUIDECREATIVE.COM/STRATEGIC-WEB-DESIGN-A-GUIDE-SERIES-RECAP – RECORDINGS – CONTENT RECAP – SESSION SLIDES – SERVICE WEBINARSNEED A WEB STRATEGY AND DESIGN PARTNER? – VISIT US AT WWW.GUIDECREATIVE.COM – EMAIL US AT HELLO@GUIDECREATIVE.COM – ATTEND A WEBINAR TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR SERVICES