- Air is all around us even though we can’t see or feel it.
- Air presses on our bodies with a great force. We don’t feel this because the air inside our bodies is pushing back equally hard.
- Air pressure is know as pneumatics and is very important.
WHAT DOES PNEUMATICS MEAN?
- The word Pneumatics comes from the Greek word Pneumatikos which means -wind or breathe.
- Pneumatics is movement by compressed or pressurized air.
WHO DISCOVERED THE IDEA OF PNEUMATICS?
- Pneumatics was discovered in the 17 th century by a German physicist and engineer named Otto.
- He experiment with air and the idea of compressing it and invented the first air pump.
WHAT ARE SOME PNEUMATIC INVENTIONS?
- 1870- Alfred beach made the first pneumatic subway in New York.
- 1888- John Dunlop invented pneumatic rubber tyres.
- 20 TH century- jet engines and other types of machinery all started to use pneumatics.
WHERE DO WE SEE PNEMATICS IN OUT EVERYDAY LIVES?
WHAT SORTS OF MATERIALS ARE USED FOR PNEUMATICS?