1. Adam Contois<br />ADV492 Social Media <br />April 24, 2010<br />
2. Understanding Sharpie<br />Sharpie is an ink company that is over 100 years old and under the Sharpie name for the last 40 years. <br />Currently involved heavily in sponsorship activities including:<br /><ul><li> Contests
3. Celebrity endorsers
4. The official marker of Disney</li></li></ul><li>The Online Strategy pack will include<br />Social Media<br />Bloggers<br />Public Relations<br />YouTube<br />
5. Social mediaengage consumers <br />Twitter<br /><ul><li>Sharpie Once a Month Pack Give A Way, encourage new followers, once following, have challenges to win product with fastest tweet or trivia questions regarding the brand.
7. Get sharpie lovers engaged online, branding the Sharpie image in the logo so when users become a fan, sharpie image shows on homepage.
8. Implement a “Sharpie Day’ encouraging users to post pictures of them using product or something they’ve done with them. </li></li></ul><li>Bloggers<br />Inform them first about new products and promotions happening to get the buzz going.<br />Follow bloggers to monitor what they are saying regarding Sharpie products, which can be used to better the company by responding quickly to the wishes and demands of their products. <br />
9. Public relations<br />Use Public Relations with immediate releases of promotional events occurring to create a bigger buzz around the brand and the event both before and after<br />
10. YouTUbe<br />Include more promotional events, including contests, allowing YouTubers the ability to post a video response showing their best piece of art work or copy using Sharpies. <br />Include product updates, commercials and how-to’s which will give the Sharpie user better and bigger ideas. <br />
11. Evaluate success <br />Increase number of followers on Twitter and Fans on Facebook<br />Maintain communication with Bloggers and follow up making sure they are using the information provided to them.<br />Follow other media buzz including the buzz surrounded by the press releases<br />Become a YouTube partner allowing Sharpie to reap benefits of putting advertisements on your page and videos. <br />
12. How MUCH?<br />Twitter – Free<br />Facebook – Free<br />Bloggers – Free<br />Public Relations – Free<br />YouTube – Free<br />Only costs would be those monitoring the buzz around Sharpie and those included in any contests done.<br />Keep the buzz going year round <br />