1. Republican National Hispanic Assembly Colorado Chapter Colorado
2. RNHA of Colorado To identify, organize, inform, empower and motivate the Hispanic community to get involved in the political process, while maintaining true conservative principals and traditional family values. “ Mission Statement”
3. … Do what you promised Guidelines and Standards … Be informed and know what’s at stake … Don’t assume anything … Don’t jump to conclusions … Always maintain integrity … Do it right the first time … Be compassionate to all … Stay calm and don’t over react
4. 1. Securing America’s Borders What we believe about: 2. Illegal Immigration 3. Treatment of Immigrants 4. Amnesty Issues 5. English Only Requirements 6. The American Flag 7. American Citizenship 8. Deportation
5. In today’s world of terrorist and religious extremists, RNHA believes that it is imperative that America be able to secure all of it’s borders as soon as possible, in the best manner possible and with the best technology available. Securing America’s Borders
6. RNHA believes that the American economy needs and wants the labor force that immigrants can and do bring to the work place, and as such the nation’s immigration system must be modified to support and fulfill that need Illegal Immigration However, RNHA believes strongly that America is a nation of laws for the good of all people and as such laws must be enforced. Illegal immigration must be brought under control as soon as possible.
7. Therefore, the Colorado chapter of the RNHA calls for comprehensive immigration reform, that will be fair and equitable to those wanting to enter America, while securing the borders and enforcing the laws of the land. Illegal Immigration
8. RNHA believes that all men, women and children, regardless of ethnicity or origin, should be treated with respect and compassion, regardless of status. Treatment of Immigrants
9. RNHA does not support blanket amnesty for anyone, regardless of Country of Origin. Amnesty Issues
10. RNHA acknowledges the tremendous contribution that immigrants in general, and Hispanic immigrants in particular have made to the cultural diversity of America. That diversity includes the use of various foreign languages, including the Spanish language. English Only Issues Therefore RNHA believes that there should be no restriction on the use any foreign or cultural language in a personal, cultural, religious or community environmental setting.
11. English Only Issues However, RNHA also believes that the use of the English language is in fact the norm in the business, political and educational world in America. As such, RNHA encourages and supports programs that will allow all immigrants to become bilingually proficient as quickly as possible in order to understand and enjoy all the benefits that America has to offer it’s citizens.
12. The American Flag represents the tremendous price that has been paid by millions of brave men and women in our military, to insure America’s freedom and way of life. The American Flag As such, RNHA believes that the American flag is the only flag to which America’s citizens should pledge allegiance to.
13. RNHA believes that Citizenship in America is one of our most highly valued prizes in the world today. As a result it should be equally available to anyone and everyone who wishes to pursue it legally. American Citizenship RNHA also believes that the process to obtain Citizenship needs to be simplified and streamlined to reduce the time required to obtain this great gift. Once obtained that citizen has every right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
14. RNHA does not believe in or support total deportation activities for all illegal immigrants. It is not a realistic approach and too costly a process to implement or maintain . Deportation
15. RNHA believes, understands and accepts the fact that not everyone who has a different opinion regarding the items listed above is necessarily a racist. RNHA believes that there is room for a diversity of opinions and open dialogue, in the quest for truth and balance. Racism