1. ED 480: ED Tech Fall 2008 Mr. John Jenkins Sharon B. Kaipat November 14, 2008 Use of Digital Video & Media to Enhance Classroom Learning
2. <ul><li>Students will be able to… </li></ul><ul><li>Define digital video and media (BELLWORK) </li></ul><ul><li>List different types of digital and media for classroom learning. </li></ul><ul><li>Share thoughts and ideas about the use of digital video and media. </li></ul>SLO's
3. <ul><li>Explain what digital video and media means to you and be ready to share. </li></ul>Bellwork
4. What is Digital Video & Media?
5. <ul><li>Digital video is a type of video recording system that works by using a digital rather than an analog video signal. The terms camera , video camera , and camcorder are used interchangeably. </li></ul><ul><li>Digital media electronic media used to store, transmit, and receive digitized information. </li></ul>
6. <ul><li>The goal of technology integration is to promote and enhance students’ understanding of content. In addition, they can find information, collaborate with others and use images and sound as well as text to communicate what they have learned. </li></ul>How does it enhance classroom learning?
8. <ul><li>It is Multi-task </li></ul><ul><li>Rich digital media solutions </li></ul><ul><li>Email, instant messaging, and electronic discussions </li></ul><ul><li>More accessible </li></ul><ul><li>Provides answers digitally </li></ul>Why use it?
9. <ul><li>Integrated collaborative solutions provide schools with management systems for learning and communication among teachers, parents, and the community. Teachers can: • Collaborate with students and other teachers • Share knowledge and resources • Use e-learning tools and monitor results Students can: • Collaborate with other students and teachers • Get homework assignments and even take tests when they’re out sick Parents can: • Monitor homework assignments and attendance • Track student progress Administrators can: • Manage data to determine student needs and streamline operations • Address the changing needs of students, teachers, and parents </li></ul>
10. <ul><li>http:// www.teachlearning.com/digitalmeida/index.php </li></ul><ul><li>http://www.guide2digitallearning.com/ </li></ul><ul><li>http://www.holymeatballs.org/ - MacArthur Releases Video on Digital Media and Learning Initiative, featuring the Digital Media Youth Advisory </li></ul><ul><li>http://21centuryconnections.com/ </li></ul>Resources