10. Things I have learned in Public
• For our final assignment we have to write 10
things we have learned in PR.
Made By Hozan Mosa
• When I first attended “intro to pr”, I really did
not know anything about it. The only thing I
knew, was that it had something to do with
writing and medias. After taking the class for
almost a whole semester I have become more
aware of what pr is and what it implies.
• I will now list 10. things I have learned in my
• Though my major is Human Communication, it is
nothing like communication in PR field.
• I have learned how important communication is in pr,
and how they use it to get out to the audience. A
communication message should be appropriate, clear,
memorable, understandable and believable to the
• The audience is really important, and therefore, you
have to be careful how you communicate and which
tools you communicate through.
• I did not know how important research was
until I attended pr class. Research is the first
process in public relation, and therefore really
important because it is a big part of planning,
program development and evaluation process.
• I am so glad that we had the chance to interview a pr
practitioner because it made us get closer to pr field,
and some pr people. After the interview I became
more aware of their daily planning and that they really
do not have one single day alike.
• I have learned some interviewing techniques we have
learned in class that I believe are important to know;
you should set an appointment or email them or even
call them. The email should be a last solution.
• I have not heard the word podcast ever and
did not know what it was until now. If you
want to know something about any topic of
your topic, podcast is really useful. There are
many different podcast links you can visit, the
one I used for my podcast assignment was
• The first time, when we were told that we have to
learn to write a resume, I thought, come on that can be
that hard. Well it is. I have always been use to write
resume the way we do in Denmark, so I thought it
would be the same. But it is not, well not exactly. We
had some guidelines to follow to write a resume. When
you know the guidelines you thing that does not seem
so difficult until you start using them. It is more
difficult than it seems.
6. Social Medias
• Everyone knows what social medias are. But how many
there are is not that easy to find out. The only social
media I use and always have been using is Facebook.
• Social medias are actually very useful specially if you
are in the pr field. They help you to be updated with
information about what is going on around the world.
Pr people should always be aware of their surroundings
and always make sure not to miss important news.
Many pr people are on different social medias.
7. AP style
• AP style is a very good tool to use. And not
only in pr but in many other writing classes.
• AP style helps you to write in a more
structured and correct way. And better for
your message to be understood.
8. Job Research
• I enjoyed this area a lot. Is not easy to go “job
hunting” as you might think. Well, that was
what I thought at first. I have learned some
very good techniques to search for a job.
Techniques that can be very useful for me in
the future when to search for a job
9. News Release
• I also learned how to write news releases and
the purpose of one. If you want to work in the
pr field, is very important to know how to
write a news release.
10. Magazine Cover
• This was really fun trying to do. It was very
different from much else we have done in the
class. To create a magazine cover made me
use my creativity, not that is that good but it
was fun to try.