10901 Northwest 39th
St. • Sunrise, FL 33351 • firstname.lastname@example.org • (954) 882-3807
Innovative and Technically Business-Minded Project Manager with progressive experience leading complex
enterprise technical and telecommunications solutions to streamline processes to meet business strategies.
ENTERPRISE NETWORK INSTALLATIONS ● TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL ●
QUALITY ASSURANCE ● VENDOR RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
● EMPLOYEE TRAINING & SUPERVISION
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Spearheaded complex telecommunications systems for multi-billion dollar conglomerate domestic and
international operations developing innovative solutions using network, systems, and application level solutions.
• Proven project management skills with extensive experience developing project plans, consulting with SME’s,
managing budgets and resources, and leading full life cycle pre and post implementations.
• Expert in staff training, development, and performance management to meet operating and financial goals with
extensive experience in workforce diversity, union relationships, team building, and group leadership.
• Extensive vendor relationship management and negotiations, facilitating a “partner” relationship generating better
vendor performance and overall company performance.
• Solutions-oriented IT professional excelling at managing projects, collaborating with project teams, interfacing
with business units, and deploying technology to build successful solutions.
• Bilingual in Spanish and English.
• Former Treasurer and Member, Omega Fi Sigma, and Member, Hispanic Alliance for Career Enhancement,
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT & OPERATIONS EXPERIENCE
ECHOSTAR SATELITE COMMUNICATION, Fort Lauderdale, FL August 2008 - Present
FIELD SERVICE MANAGER/PROJECT MANAGER
Direct the full installation life cycle for satellite systems accountable for hiring and managing 6 install teams and 12
per fleet, coordinating all logistics, and trouble shooting new accounts.
• Built good working relationships with subcontractors and dispatch ensuring the highest level of customer service
and compliance with all company policies and procedures.
• Conduct random on-site inspections to evaluate installation team’s performance providing great indicators for
coaching and training, as well as monitor line of site, and grounding issues.
• Accountable for upgrading present and future staffing through recruitment, training, and individual performance
VERIZON, NEW YORK, NY March 1990 – December 2006
MANAGER, Network Operations Installation & Project Management 2004 – 2006
Directed the install of central office transport and switch equipment accountable for over $1M in equipment
inventory managing 24 Mechanical System & Mechanical Equipment Technicians and Project Craft personnel.
• Spearheaded project lifecycle from initial engineering specification layouts through installation for toll,
switch, frame, and power equipment including Tellabs, Lucent, Nortel, Fujitsu, and Litespan 2000.
• Extensive collaboration with the network engineers reviewing engineering specifications and layouts
resolving cabling, amphinol heads and wiring issues.
• Identified overall project cost reduction through adding Material System Technicians versus Material
Equipment Technicians to each project generating more cross-functional teams prior to quality assurance
• Develop and implement strategic plans for the consolidation of project timelines and meeting of
NELSON PEREZ ● email@example.com • (954) 882-3807 ● Page 2
• Conducted pre-project assessments identifying all mitigating factors including distance, flooring, equipment
and iron work acquiring identification of pricing and costs to generate a realistic and workable budget.
• Performed evaluation and troubleshooting of connection issues including wiring, cable, amphinol heads, and
connectors on a daily/weekly basis.
NETWORK VENDOR & INSTALLATION MANAGER, Central Office 2000 – 2004
Responsible for all vendor installations for 5 buildings as well as managing and implementing all internal
telecommunications solutions for 7 locations managing $1M of equipment with project and fiscal
• Structured vendor partnerships aligning internal engineering staff, operations staff and vendors evaluating
layout drawings and ensuring proper installation of transport installation equipment.
• Conducted equipment configurations in line with engineering recommendations ensuring space for all
network elements and implementing the telecommunications solutions.
• Evaluated each project from technical specifications and installation requirements through identifying the
appropriate Lead Technician and supporting Equipment Technicians with specialized skills for success
• Spearheaded all equipment research and procurement negotiating with various vendors to obtain the highest
quality materials within budgetary guidelines.
TEAM LEADER, Residential Multilingual Billing & Collections/sales 1994 – 2000
Led the billing and collections teams in daily operations including employee supervision, training, escalated
customer calls, and reporting, as well as troubleshooting the database for all internal errors.
• Redesigned a compensation/incentive plan including contest-based metrics with prizes and trips increasing
quotas to challenging but attainable goals.
• Improved efficiency and productivity by developing and implementing training on selling techniques and
diplomatic approaches ensuring negotiation of payments and reducing delinquencies.
ASSOCIATE, BILLING, Collection & Sales, Residential & Business Accounts 1990 – 1994
DIAMOND 11 PROFESSIONAL BASEBALL TRAINER, Fort Lauderdale, FL August 2007 – August 2008
PHYSICAL TRAINER & OPERATIONS MANAGER
Directed the daily operations accountable for verification of medical releases, processing payments, ordering
equipment and ensuring delivery, negotiating member contracts, and cardio weight training.
CVS PHARMACY, FORT LAUDERDALE, FL November 2007 – February 2008
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Contract position)
Direct business and financial operations including client relations, training, scheduling, visual merchandising,
sales, marketing, inventory control, loss prevention and reporting managing employees.
• Lead design of creative displays and maintenance of weekly prices generating significant sales increases
while maintaining costs.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
BS, BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
PACE UNIVERSITY New York, NY
• Project management Professional The Academy of South Florida
• Management Leadership Certification, EchoStar Academy.
• Quality Assurance, Corporate Compliance Records Management, Industrial Safety-Hazard Communication
Security Awareness, Management Code of Conduct, Professional Placement Network Program.
• (Student) ISSA Certified, International Sports Science Association.
NELSON PEREZ ● firstname.lastname@example.org • (954) 882-3807 ● Page 3
PLATFORMS AND TOOLS
• SOFTWARE: MS WINDOWS, WORD, LOTUS NOTES, INTERNET, PEOPLESOFT, AND OUTLOOK.
• TELECOM: DSX-3 (DIGITAL SIGNAL LEVEL 3 CROSS CONNECT), DSC-1 (DIGITAL SIGNAL LEVEL 1 CROSS
CONNECT), LGX (LIGHT GUIDE CROSS CONNECT), NORTEL, INSTALLATION OF IRON WORK FOR POWER CABLE,
FIBER, HOUSE CABLE, CROSS-CONNECT COAX CABLE, LUCENT, CISCO, FLASH WAVE, LIGHTSPAN, FUJITSU.
ENGINEERING FORCE ADMINISTRATION AND TRACKING SYSTEM