INSTITUT PERGURUAN SULTAN ABDUL HALIM
Nama TAN GEOK TIN
Kumpulan / Unit 1C
Semester 1 KPLI AMBILAN JAN 2009
Nama Pensyarah EN. HASNUL HISHAM BIN HASHIM
Plastics bottles, glass bottles were
simply thrown away…
Garbage was threw into the drain…
Coconut shells can turn
into biofuel but were
thrown away without
Exhaust gas from vehicles
which results the air
pollution and global
Useful aluminium cans were
dumped without further
Smokes eliminated from
the chimney of the
factories cause the air
Waste threw at the
riverside cause the water
Types of waste
found in the
Waste Solid Liquid Gas
• Coconut shell
Chemical • Glass bottle • Synthetic • Smoke from
• Plastic bottle factories
• Cooking oils
• Plastic bags • Smoke from
What's in your
Seperating the waste into different types.
Using rubbish bags.
Recycling the waste.
Reusing the waste.
Burying the waste.
Disposing the chemical waste according to the
• When developing a waste management
solution, the following aspects should be
– the volume of waste generated
– the equipment required
– a suitable service schedule
– knowledge of waste streams that are
commonly disposed of
– identify recycling opportunities
• The waste management solution will indicate
the type of vehicle/s required to service the bin.
• Other elements that need to be considered at
the time of waste collection are:
– positioning of the bin
– the type of bin
– the waste stream collected in the nominated
bins, and locks, chains and bars in use
• A courier service for waste resources.
• Employs a fleet of vehicles to waste and
– front lift trucks
– rear lift trucks
– hook trucks
• Resource Recovery Centers (RRC) or Material
Recovery Facility (MRF).
• These facilities sort the waste resources into
piles of like materials, the resources are
packaged for transportation to the next phase
– recyclable items are sent to a recycling
– non-recyclable items or general waste is
disposed at landfill.
Recycling / Disposal
• Depending on the type of material, whether it
is recycled or disposed of at landfill.
• Recyclable waste is recycled and is diverted
away from landfill.
• Non Recycables like General Waste are
disposed of at landfill.