1. Closing Case Honda In North America By: Mohammad Jobair
2. <ul><li>Agenda: </li></ul><ul><li>Honda Company </li></ul><ul><li>Closing Case Honda In North America </li></ul>
4. <ul><li>Honda Company: </li></ul><ul><li>In October 1946, Soichiro Honda established the Honda Technical Research Institute in Hamamatsu, Japan, to develop and produce small 2-cycle motorbike engines. Two years later, Honda Motor Company, Ltd. was born, and in 1959 Honda opened its first storefront in Los Angeles with six industrious employees. </li></ul>
5. After 1959 the Honda company start manufacturing till 1960s,1980s up to 21 st Century. And on the year of 2005 for the first time Honda corporation made a Robot which the named that ASIMO.
6. In 2007 the Honda made a jet which the named as Honda jet . and also the Honda Company made a marine engine and so on.
8. Honda company is the 5 th largest automobile and also engine market in the whole world. And the 2 nd largest company in Japan. The head quarter of Honda company is in Tokyo- Japan. And the leader of that company is Takeo Fukai from 2004 till now
9. <ul><li>Closing Case Honda In North America: </li></ul><ul><li>During the 1980s was the surge in Japan direct investment in the USA, Leading this trend were Japanese Automobile Companies like Honda, Toyota, Nissan and others . </li></ul><ul><li>Collectively these companies Invest $5.3 Billion in North or USA between 1982-1991s. </li></ul><ul><li>Leader was Honda which by 1991 had invest $ 1.13 Billion in 3 north America. </li></ul><ul><li>Honda also additional invest $500 million in an engine plant. </li></ul><ul><li>And also facilitate engineering for $31 million. </li></ul><ul><li>As a result now Honda Company employs 10,000 worker in central, and also sold 854,879 cars of Honda in north USA during 1990s. </li></ul>
10. <ul><li>Honda considered to establishing auto assembly operation in North USA as early in 1974 but ruled out investment because of high cost of north America in 1974. </li></ul><ul><li>Honda announced it had selected a site in the small town of Marysville, Ohio for a motorcycle. </li></ul><ul><li>But in 1979 Honda company realized that its assumptions about US workers poor productivity were unfounded , so the announced plans to construct an automobile assembly. </li></ul><ul><li>In 1982 the first US-built Honda was Assembled and by 1984 the plant was producing 150,000 automobile per year. </li></ul>
11. <ul><li>In 1984 at lest 29 major Japanese supplier companies had established transplant manufacturing facilities in Ohio to supply Honda with component parts. </li></ul><ul><li>In 1981 Voluntary restraint agreement under which Japanese companies agreed not to further increase their imports in to the USA. </li></ul><ul><li>A second Concern was probably the sharp rise in the value of the Japanese yen against the US dollar during 1987. </li></ul><ul><li>This concern was also increased the cost of exporting both finished automobiles and component parts form Japan to NUSA. </li></ul>