- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views
© All Rights Reserved
- Checkbook Register © 2008 Vertex42 LLC
http://www.vertex42.com/ExcelTemplates/excel-checkbook.html See instructions in the Help worksheet
Date Num Payee/Transaction Description Category R Payment (-) Credit (+) Balance
1/01/08 [Balance As of 01/01/2008] 546.00
1/01/08 DEP Direct Deposit from Employer Wages & Tips 1,000.00 1,546.00
1/10/08 EFT Car Payment Auto 115.20 1,430.80
1/15/08 2032 Joe's Food Mart Groceries 87.34 1,343.46
1/18/08 TXFR Transfer to Savings Account 100.00 1,243.46
- Check Book Register - HELP © 2008 Vertex42 LLC
1. Enter your starting balance in the Balance column in the first row of the register.
2. In subsequent transactions, the Balance will be calculated for you.
3. To add a transaction, copy an existing row and paste it in a blank row after the last transation.
You may need to first insert a row after the last transaction by right-clicking on the last row
number and selecting "Insert 1 Below".
4. You will need to copy the formula in the Balance column when adding a transaction.
When adding, deleting, inserting, copying, or pasting transactions in the Register,
you will have fewer errors or problems if you delete/insert/copy/paste the entire row.
This is done by first right-clicking on the Row number.
The Balance formula will not work if you leave a blank row in between transactions.
Deleting a Transaction
To delete a transaction, right-click on the Row number and select "Delete Row".
If you select the Row number and press the Delete key, it will only clear the
contents of the row, instead of removing the entire row.
Example Entries in the NUM Field
2032 (check number)
EFT (electronic funds transfer)
TXFR (transfer to/from other account)
CARD (debit/check card)
FEE (bank fees)
"R" is for "Reconcile"
When balancing your check book, add an R in this column to indicate that the
transaction is correct and reconciled with your bank statement.